HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks confirm MacIntyre two year contract

Old
07-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Didn't see him dominate in the video. Saw a lot of Stalock giving bad angles and slow reaction. Not sure I can see much in these feeds. But apparently this is our 4th line: McLaren-Nichol-MacIntyre
That would probably be a scrappy 4th line. He had 39 fights according to dropyourgloves in the BCHL, so we will see if it carries over to the NHL. All weight classes covered I suppose with those three.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:53 PM
5H4RK5

Fire Doug Wilson .6 overpayment IF he gets injured. j/k

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:18 PM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

is there a scouting report on this guy? Max??

VP and GM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:23 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, proof that Cam MacIntyre does indeed exist and can play hockey....

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 10:55 AM
deekortiz3
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, proof that Cam MacIntyre does indeed exist and can play hockey....

He got a goal last night too. Hopefully things keep going well for him.

deekortiz3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
one2gamble

Quote:

well it confirms he exists. Ill wait for your scouting reports to determine if he can play hockey

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
well it confirms he exists. Ill wait for your scouting reports to determine if he can play hockey
As you know I don't form opinions based on one game (especially one that was as Jekyll and Hyde as last night's was), but some preliminary observations...

The first couple of shifts he looked a little lost out there...I'm chalking that up to some nerves and maybe being a little tentative with his injury history.

His goal was a "right place, right time" type of goal, but he had the presence of mind to not try to jam the puck home as the Portland goaltender dove for the far post but to waited just a split second and flipped a backhand over him.

He looked to pass a little to often for my tastes...again, first game with new team mates so he probably doesn't know each player's tendencies when he has the puck.

He didn't seem to be afraid to go to the net.

He was also smart enough to "hide" behind Mashinter when the "hankie-panky" broke out around the net after the whistle.

All in all, I liked what I saw

My next chance to see him live will likely be Saturday in Albany.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
dmband

Quote:
As you know I don't form opinions based on one game (especially one that was as Jekyll and Hyde as last night's was), but some preliminary observations...

The first couple of shifts he looked a little lost out there...I'm chalking that up to some nerves and maybe being a little tentative with his injury history.

His goal was a "right place, right time" type of goal, but he had the presence of mind to not try to jam the puck home as the Portland goaltender dove for the far post but to waited just a split second and flipped a backhand over him.

He looked to pass a little to often for my tastes...again, first game with new team mates so he probably doesn't know each player's tendencies when he has the puck.

He didn't seem to be afraid to go to the net.

He was also smart enough to "hide" behind Mashinter when the "hankie-panky" broke out around the net after the whistle.

All in all, I liked what I saw

My next chance to see him live will likely be Saturday in Albany.
I liked what I saw too. I'll add

He really didnt seem to be playing a position!.....He was all over both wings. It seemed more noticeable to me than other wingers.

He didnt really seem to be skating with any effort but when the puck got down low or he saw a opening, he was explosive to the spot. That paid off for sure on his goal and was noticeable on most of his shifts.

Seems to be really solidly built. Didnt really initiate a ton of contact probably for the reasons 210 articulated but there was one situation where he and a Portland forward collided in mid ice and the Portland player went down....

Played with Wingels and Mashinter which is a combo I really like.

Played with Wingels and Mashinter. I potentially really like that combo.

dmband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Gilligans Island
HFBoards Sponsor

Great to hear. Be really interested to see how he progresses and if he's ready to step up to the big Sharks.

If he does progress well, wonder if he makes McGinn expendable for that dman we need to badly.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Great to hear. Be really interested to see how he progresses and if he's ready to step up to the big Sharks.

If he does progress well, wonder if he makes McGinn expendable for that dman we need to badly.
I can't see San Jose making a trade based on anything MacIntyre does this season. With his injury history it's a major risk to assume he can hold up over the rest of this season.