HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Lineup Projections

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
  #226
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Isle of JAM
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 15,890
vCash: 2554
Defense

a little easier here

Weber
Suter
Klein
Cube


are locks..

poile made noise about Franson having to earn his spot but you gotta figure now that he is signed to a one way deal he's a lock as well.

that leaves

Parent
Johnson
Sulzer
Laakso
Blum
Josi

looking for two spots.

I think it'll be Parent and Johnson unless Poile keeps Sulzer up as the #7 just because he's on a one way deal.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 03:59 PM
  #227
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Defense

a little easier here

Weber
Suter
Klein
Cube


are locks..

poile made noise about Franson having to earn his spot but you gotta figure now that he is signed to a one way deal he's a lock as well.

that leaves

Parent
Johnson
Sulzer
Laakso
Blum
Josi

looking for two spots.

I think it'll be Parent and Johnson unless Poile keeps Sulzer up as the #7 just because he's on a one way deal.
Parent is on a one-way contract also, right? It's amazing the number of unproven NHLers we have on one-ways contracts: Sulzer, SK, Jonas Andersson, Cal O, Parent, and some would even count Klein and Franson.

I feel like we're back to 1999:
SK= Ville Peltenon
Jonas Anderson = Patrick Kjellberg
Parent = Craig Millar
Franson = Drake Berehowsky
Klein = Joel Bouchard
Cal O = Sebastien Bordelaueu
Sulzer = Richard Litner

Loose correlations, but NHL proven-wise, not far off.

Let's hope someone sticks and turns into Kimmo Timonen. Two downsides: If most of these guys don't turn out, they play anyway, and it makes our team worse. We send the guys who don't turn out to Milwaukee (assuming no one wants them), and a financially cash-strapped team has millions in the minors.

Will be interesting, I guess.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:23 PM
  #228
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Parent is on a one-way contract also, right? It's amazing the number of unproven NHLers we have on one-ways contracts: Sulzer, SK, Jonas Andersson, Cal O, Parent, and some would even count Klein and Franson.

I feel like we're back to 1999:
SK= Ville Peltenon
Jonas Anderson = Patrick Kjellberg
Parent = Craig Millar
Franson = Drake Berehowsky
Klein = Joel Bouchard
Cal O = Sebastien Bordelaueu
Sulzer = Richard Litner

Loose correlations, but NHL proven-wise, not far off.

Let's hope someone sticks and turns into Kimmo Timonen. Two downsides: If most of these guys don't turn out, they play anyway, and it makes our team worse. We send the guys who don't turn out to Milwaukee (assuming no one wants them), and a financially cash-strapped team has millions in the minors.

Will be interesting, I guess.
Do you really equate the guys you listed to the guys that we have today? Obviously Poile and Trotz have seen something in Klein, Franson and Parent to re-sign them and in the case of Parent, trade to get him back. SK is a low salary high reward player. If he turns out to be something we've got a very good player on the cheap. If he doesn't we're really out nothing and have other guys to put into the lineup that will probably do the job. Andersson hasn't earned anything as of yet but Poile saw something in him to give him a one way. O'Reilly will have to make this team and have to perform or he'll be gone. Sulzer is about the only one I agree with that should be gone. I think in his case, injuries have been his undoing.

All that said, while some of these guys may not be sexy players on the ice, they provide one thing this training camp, competition. There aren't many guys on this roster that are assured spots outside of the top 6 or 7 forwards and the top pair on defense. Every other job is really up for grabs and while some may say we don't have talent, I say we have plenty of talent and depth. Everyone is going to have to bust their butts to make this team out of camp and that makes everyone a little bit better in the end if you ask me. We may not beat teams with elite talent but we're gonna beat teams with quality of depth.

I remember the last few years we all sat around and wondered who would be in our top 6 beyond 4 or 5 guys. Now I think we have the problem of trying to figure out our top 9 which is a testament to our depth and how Poile has built this team over the last 2 years, despite the sale of the team and getting the new owners in place. This is the first time in a while where I feel really good about this team going into camp and the season.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
  #229
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Do you really equate the guys you listed to the guys that we have today?
Did you ready anyting I said? "Loose correlations, but NHL proven-wise, not far off. " Poile also saw things in Peltenon & Kjellberg, and traded for guys like Millar and Berehowsky cause he saw things. Like I said, hopefully we have a Kimmo Timonen success story, but I'm not expecting it.

Competition is good. Competition that's guaranteed NHL pay is potentially bad, especially for a cash strapped team.


Last edited by dulzhok: 09-12-2010 at 04:37 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 04:53 PM
  #230
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

Forwards
Sullivan
Legwand
Hornqvist
Erat
Lombardi
Dumont
Wilson
Ward
Smithson
Goc
Tootoo
Belak

I just cant imagine any of those 12 not being on the team, barring a trade.

so that leaves

Kostitsyn
Andersson
Oreilly
Thuresson
Spaling

where is the head spinning smiley??
your forgetting Halischuck, Geoffrion, and any number of other people. Further back in the thread we got the count up to 21 forwards that could contribute at the NHL level. Insane stuff.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
  #231
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,579
vCash: 500


My idea in pictorial form. Honestly, I could make cases for a lot of these players and it's a matter of who plays well in camp.

21 NHl level forwards, 12 NHL level defensemen and 4 guys for the back-up spot. Giddy up

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 11:16 PM
  #232
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Isle of JAM
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 15,890
vCash: 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
your forgetting Halischuck, Geoffrion, and any number of other people. Further back in the thread we got the count up to 21 forwards that could contribute at the NHL level. Insane stuff.
I really dont expect either of those two to have a shot at making the team out of camp. they could get a callup later but I would be shocked if they were there Oct 9

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2010, 09:43 PM
  #233
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post


My idea in pictorial form. Honestly, I could make cases for a lot of these players and it's a matter of who plays well in camp.

21 NHl level forwards, 12 NHL level defensemen and 4 guys for the back-up spot. Giddy up
Tonight I learned that Jani Lajunen is returning to Espoo (SM-liiga) for the 2010-11 season, so...that at least opens up a roster spot in Milwaukee for this season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
  #234
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Tonight I learned that Jani Lajunen is returning to Espoo (SM-liiga) for the 2010-11 season, so...that at least opens up a roster spot in Milwaukee for this season.
Danke! Sure makes things easier. That's the second European Nashville have sent back to Europe (Engren and now Lajunen)

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:31 AM
  #235
blinky77
 
blinky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
This is how I got it going into the season.

Sullivan - Lombardi - Hornqvist
Wilson - Legwand - Erat
Dumont - Goc - Ward
Andersson - Smithson - Tootoo
(Belak, Kostitsyn)

Weber - Suter
Franson - Boullion
Klein - Parent
(Sulzer)

Rinne
Dekanich

blinky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:53 AM
  #236
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I really dont expect either of those two to have a shot at making the team out of camp. they could get a callup later but I would be shocked if they were there Oct 9
I totally agree. But if given a shot, i think they could help the team. While they may not be the best choices, they are still options for Trotz

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 07:03 PM
  #237
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Just saw where Scott Cullen has Wilson on the wing with Erat being centered by Lombardi. If that's the case, could the lines look like this?

Wilson-Lombardi-Erat
Hornqvist-Goc-Sully
SK-Legwand-Dumont

The reason I have Hornqvist/Goc/Sully together is they finished the season like that before the Hornqvist injury and did well. If that's our top 9, I'd be pretty darn happy. We can then use Tootoo/Smithson/Belak/Ward or Anderson on the 4th line depending on the team we're playing.

I like Ward and all but that puts our 9 best players on the ice more often than anyone else and at the end of the day, I really like that top 9.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 03:34 PM
  #238
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
So, how is Preds lines going to look on first game night?

Who will get it right?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 03:43 PM
  #239
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
SK has a foot injury. No word on how serious or time he'll be out.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 04:08 PM
  #240
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Erat - Lombardi - Wilson
Sullivan - O'Reilly - Hornqvist
Ward - Legwand - Dumont
Smithson - Goc - Tootoo
Kostitsyn/Andersson - X - Belak

If Kostitsyn starts on IR, Andersson makes it as 13th forward. If not, then Andersson will be assigned to start the season in Milwaukee. Lundmark was signed to be No. 1 center in Milwaukee and missed too much time to do otherwise, he'll be waived and sent to the Ads as well.

On D:
Suter - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Franson - Parent
Sulzer

Rinne
Lindback

That folks is my best guess at our opening night lineup and is essentially the lineup that they've practiced with the past week as well in camp...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 04:11 PM
  #241
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
That's the lineup as it played today as far as lines. So you're most likely right.

I like those lines ok. Not bad at all today anyway.

Drop the puck!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
  #242
NHLNUT04
HFBoards Sponsor
 
NHLNUT04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Wilson will not play center. rotoworld.com

__________________
hockeyfanland.com
NHLNUT04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
  #243
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Count me in the skeptical camp on O'Reilly. I just don't see him being able to handle the NHL game. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 05:43 PM
  #244
David Singleton
HFB Partner
 
David Singleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dickson, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Erat - Lombardi - Wilson
Sullivan - O'Reilly - Hornqvist
Ward - Legwand - Dumont
Smithson - Goc - Tootoo
Kostitsyn/Andersson - X - Belak

If Kostitsyn starts on IR, Andersson makes it as 13th forward. If not, then Andersson will be assigned to start the season in Milwaukee. Lundmark was signed to be No. 1 center in Milwaukee and missed too much time to do otherwise, he'll be waived and sent to the Ads as well.

On D:
Suter - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Franson - Parent
Sulzer

Rinne
Lindback

That folks is my best guess at our opening night lineup and is essentially the lineup that they've practiced with the past week as well in camp...
Looking at those lines, and comparing that with what Trotz has told me is his goal in building those lines:

Sullivan-O'Reilly-Hornqvist is your primary scoring line.
Erat-Lombardi-Wilson & Ward-Legwand-Dumont are your two-way lines that will both be expected to score and handle the opposition's top lines.

Smithson-Goc-Tootoo is that fourth line that's supposed to bring energy and hardness.

Hmmm....

I don't like Ward over either Kostitsyn or Andersson for a top nine role. One could swap Kostitsyn with Ward and add offensive skill. Kostitsyn is also a very responsible two-way player. In truth, Dumont is probably the worst fit in a two-way role, but that's definitely the one he'll be expected to play right now.

I really don't like the Smithson-Goc-Tootoo line either. I would like that fourth line a lot better with Ward on it. The problem is finding the right person to play with Ward and Goc. There's not a real good fit outside of potentially Andersson. That, however, creates a line that doesn't really bring energy and hardness.

I'm concerned with what I see right now.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
  #245
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
im not sold on Cal being our second line center.....i like Goc a whole lot better and would prefer Leggy to be that second center with Goc as our third with consequently O'reilly being waived, but i really hope this is the year Cal makes a case for himself. But who gets pushed out when SK is back is the real question....

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 06:15 PM
  #246
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanLand View Post
Wilson will not play center. rotoworld.com
I dont mind this, he can use his strength more on the wing and he will likely score more.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
  #247
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by predsicle13 View Post
im not sold on Cal being our second line center.....i like Goc a whole lot better and would prefer Leggy to be that second center with Goc as our third with consequently O'reilly being waived, but i really hope this is the year Cal makes a case for himself. But who gets pushed out when SK is back is the real question....
If SK earns a top 9 spot, he replaces Ward. That's an improvement to that line, IMO, cause we then alternate Smitty and Toots, depending on matchups. If Cal bombs, he gets waived - someone will take him - and we move Goc up and roll Smitty and Toots with Ward until Anderssen can earn a spot. Still not bad.

If both Cal and SK bomb, then it seems we're kinda' where we were last year, although we have Anderssen to take a shot with Leggy rather than Smitty (and probably a couple of the kids, too, since it won't be a D-oriented line).

Depth seems to give us some protection to it falling apart, with some really good upside to Cal and SK. So, in the end, I think this means we're not any worse than we were last year and we have the POSSIBILITY of being a good bit better.


Last edited by deanwormer: 10-03-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: clarity of conclusion
deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 10:36 PM
  #248
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
I am new to Preds house.
Didn't see them a lot in action, just few regular season games and last year play off run...(pity, was short...)
Followed this pre-season thou. So don't judge me to hard.

First, I believe Wilson would be better in center then O'R, then here is my idea:

Erat Lombardi Sullivan
Hornqvist Legwand Dumont
Ward Wilson Kostitsyn
Andersson Goc Tootoo

Spares: O'R, Smithson.

And D's are set. Can't really do anything about them, but Id like to see pairs with one guy Puck Mover and the other Home Stay...

Some like this:
Weber Parent
Klein Suter
Franson Bouillion

Here it is... Does it look bad?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 11:07 PM
  #249
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
My Lines: 1st Wilson - Lombardi - Hornqvist
2nd Erat - Legwand - Sullivan
3rd SK - Goc - Dumont
4th Tootoo - Smithson - Ward

My Pairs: 1st Weber - Suter
2nd Franson Parent ---- I believe Franson and Parent combo has been good
3rd Klein - Bouillion

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:28 AM
  #250
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Isle of JAM
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 15,890
vCash: 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I am new to Preds house.
Didn't see them a lot in action, just few regular season games and last year play off run...(pity, was short...)
Followed this pre-season thou. So don't judge me to hard.

First, I believe Wilson would be better in center then O'R, then here is my idea:

Erat Lombardi Sullivan
Hornqvist Legwand Dumont
Ward Wilson Kostitsyn
Andersson Goc Tootoo

Spares: O'R, Smithson.

And D's are set. Can't really do anything about them, but Id like to see pairs with one guy Puck Mover and the other Home Stay...

Some like this:
Weber Parent
Klein Suter
Franson Bouillion

Here it is... Does it look bad?
Smithson is going to play, for PK if nothing else.

and you wont see trotz split weber and suter unless the other two pairs both really suck.

also agree with letting Wilson play wing, provided oreilly doesnt suck.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.