HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Lineup Projections

Old
07-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Klasen - 58
Anyone think that it's a coincidence that Klasen is wearing #58 and is in fact 5'8" tall?

Just seems like everyone else got to pick their numbers, so I'd assume Klasen had the opportunity to change as well...

I haven't heard of any training camp invites yet, but believe that based on their assigned numbers, all these guys are players that are expected to see time in Nashville this season...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

As many D prospects as we have, does anyone think Trotz does with 7 D this year?

Horny - Wilson - Sully
SK - Lombardi - Erat
Dumont - Legwand - Goc
Ward, Anderson
Scratches- Toots, Belak

Weber - Suter
Franson - Parent
Klien - Bouillion
Josi or Blum

I'd rather go with a conventional 12-6-2, but i could see this happening.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 07-30-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
As many D prospects as we have, does anything think Trotz does with 7 D this year?

Horny - Wilson - Sully
SK - Lombardi - Erat
Dumont - Legwand - Goc
Ward, Anderson
Scratches- Toots, Belak

Weber - Suter
Franson - Parent
Klien - Bouillion
Josi or Blum

I'd rather go with a conventional 12-6-2, but i could see this happening.
Not unless injuries strike...you're also missing Smithson in there...he's pretty much a lock...

Old
07-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Not unless injuries strike...you're also missing Smithson in there...he's pretty much a lock...
Thats the problem.....we have so many NHL ready forwards. Im also missing Spailing, O'reily, Thuresson, etc. We could honestly send out 5 NHL lines and 4 NHL D pairings a night.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 03:31 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Thats the problem.....we have so many NHL ready forwards. Im also missing Spailing, O'reily, Thuresson, etc. We could honestly send out 5 NHL lines and 4 NHL D pairings a night.
And during the course of a season, that's what you need to be successful against the injury bug.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 03:39 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Big shoes to fill

I wonder if Halischuk skates like Hordichuk. I can see myself getting confused already
why? hordi wore 16

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 03:48 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
I wonder if Hordichuk ever regrets signing with the Canucks. I think he somehow managed to get less ice time there than he did here, which is kinda impressive.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
I'm hearing Nashville Predators GM David Poile & UFA G Jose Theodore have been talking a 1yr deal. Waiting for Niemi/Turco domino to fall...
http://twitter.com/Jay_Gold_/status/19951781260

Remember Korn's "After X-Mas special" comment from prospect camp regarding getting a veteran to backup Rinne. I've had a feeling Theodore could wind up in Nashville in the end. Approaching the end of his career, but still a solid backup for 15-20 games. If we can get him for 1 year, $1 million...would you approve or disapprove?

Unlike Turco, I don't think Theodore would let his ego be a distraction as the backup to Pekka for 60+ games...

Old
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
lstcyr

Quote:

Remember Korn's "After X-Mas special" comment from prospect camp regarding getting a veteran to backup Rinne. I've had a feeling Theodore could wind up in Nashville in the end. Approaching the end of his career, but still a solid backup for 15-20 games. If we can get him for 1 year, $1 million...would you approve or disapprove?

Unlike Turco, I don't think Theodore would let his ego be a distraction as the backup to Pekka for 60+ games...
I'm okay with it as long as we don't have to use him in the playoffs.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
why? hordi wore 16
He wears 24 in Vancouver... but I was mostly refering to their names. It was a joke...

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 09:42 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Does it include a signing bonus for Rogaine?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Soundgarden

I don't think I'd be against signing Theodore.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 11:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm fine with signing Theodore, but who is "Jay_Gold?" A quick look at his twitter page suggests to me that he's another charlatan in the vein of Eklund\*************.

The social media era has given recognition and an audience to a whole generation of wannabe "insiders," and that's a sad, scary thing. You almost can't believe anything you read anymore, unless it comes directly out of the mouth of someone at TSN.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 04:22 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Matthew Lombardi ($3.500m) / Colin Wilson ($1.725m)
Steve Sullivan ($3.750m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($2.250m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m) / Marcel Goc ($0.775m) / J.P. Dumont ($4.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.250m) / Jerred Smithson ($0.762m) / Joel Ward ($1.500m)
Wade Belak ($0.575m) / / Jonas Andersson ($0.675m)

DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($4.500m) / Ryan Suter ($3.500m)
Kevin Klein ($1.350m) / Francis Bouillon ($1.350m)
Ryan Parent ($0.925m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.941m)

GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($3.400m) /Anders Lindback ($0.687m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $46,966,667; BONUSES: $975,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $13,408,333

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Matthew Lombardi ($3.500m) / Colin Wilson ($1.725m)
Steve Sullivan ($3.750m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($2.250m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($0.550m) / Marcel Goc ($0.775m) / J.P. Dumont ($4.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.250m) / Jerred Smithson ($0.762m) / Joel Ward ($1.500m)
Wade Belak ($0.575m) / / Jonas Andersson ($0.675m)

DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($4.500m) / Ryan Suter ($3.500m)
Kevin Klein ($1.350m) / Francis Bouillon ($1.350m)
Ryan Parent ($0.925m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.941m)

GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($3.400m) /Anders Lindback ($0.687m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $46,966,667; BONUSES: $975,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $13,408,333
I'd go with...

Sullivan - Lombardi - Hornqvist
Kostitsyn - Legwand - Erat
Ward - Wilson - Dumont
Smithson - Goc - Tootoo
Andersson - Belak

Suter - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Parent - Franson
Sulzer/Laakso

Rinne
Lindback/Dekanich/Theodore (please, please, pretty please!)

Obviously gotta subtract Blum (who doesn't have to clear waivers and will likely start in Milwaukee) and add Franson and possibly add about $1 million for Theodore, but the rest is just shifting around the line combinations to something a little more balanced...

Two scoring lines (Lombardi and Wilson), a two-way scoring line that will play against the opposition's top line every night (Legwand), and a checking/energy unit (Goc) that can grind and cycle with the best of 'em...

Old
08-01-2010, 01:36 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I'd go with...

Sullivan - Lombardi - Hornqvist
Kostitsyn - Legwand - Erat
Ward - Wilson - Dumont
Smithson - Goc - Tootoo
Andersson - Belak

Suter - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Parent - Franson
Sulzer/Laakso

Rinne
Lindback/Dekanich/Theodore (please, please, pretty please!)

Obviously gotta subtract Blum (who doesn't have to clear waivers and will likely start in Milwaukee) and add Franson and possibly add about $1 million for Theodore, but the rest is just shifting around the line combinations to something a little more balanced...

Two scoring lines (Lombardi and Wilson), a two-way scoring line that will play against the opposition's top line every night (Legwand), and a checking/energy unit (Goc) that can grind and cycle with the best of 'em...

This is still a Trotz coached team ... the only constants will be Rinne, Suter, and Weber. The forwards will get scrambled together into every possible combination as will the bottom four.

Old
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Have there been any confirmations that Wilson is being moved back to center? My gut says he stays at wing.

Old
08-01-2010, 02:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Have there been any confirmations that Wilson is being moved back to center? My gut says he stays at wing.
It's going to depend on who makes the roster out of camp. Lombardi and Legwand are pretty much sure bets for center. Beyond that is Goc, Wilson, O'Reilly, Smithson, Spaling ........ and anyone else we can find walking down Broadway willing to play center.

Old
08-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Meanwhile, back on the trade mains, I think Oilers fans like the idea of Dumont + Franson for Hemsky...
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=805212

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
It's going to depend on who makes the roster out of camp. Lombardi and Legwand are pretty much sure bets for center. Beyond that is Goc, Wilson, O'Reilly, Smithson, Spaling ........ and anyone else we can find walking down Broadway willing to play center.
Not necessarily. Wilson will play whatever position he will most excel at. Perhaps they give him another shot at center, but I don't think whoever makes the 3rd or 4th lines is going to dictate what position he plays. I see him in the top 6.

Old
08-01-2010, 04:39 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Not necessarily. Wilson will play whatever position he will most excel at. Perhaps they give him another shot at center, but I don't think whoever makes the 3rd or 4th lines is going to dictate what position he plays. I see him in the top 6.
Sure, Wilson plays in top 6. However, Lombardi, Leggy, and Goc are centering 3 of the 4 lines. If O'reilly has a good camp and makes the roster, he's gonna' center the 3rd or 4th line, it would seem - so Wilson skates as an F. If a few of these guys like SK and JA have bad camps, Trotz could decide to fall back to his comfort zone of a strong checking line and an energy line and we could see Smitty/Spaling/Toots on that 4th line - again leaving Wilson as an F.

Wilson was drafted as the guy to replace Arnie; while having Lombardi/Leggy/Goc gives us an option to skate Wilson as an F this year I still think Wilson is our true 1st line center of the future, and if the Fs with some offensive upside - like SK and JA - have good camps Wilson skates as a C and gives us 3 good scoring lines this year.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Meanwhile, back on the trade mains, I think Oilers fans like the idea of Dumont + Franson for Hemsky...
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=805212
I'd jump on that.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Sure, Wilson plays in top 6. However, Lombardi, Leggy, and Goc are centering 3 of the 4 lines. If O'reilly has a good camp and makes the roster, he's gonna' center the 3rd or 4th line, it would seem - so Wilson skates as an F. If a few of these guys like SK and JA have bad camps, Trotz could decide to fall back to his comfort zone of a strong checking line and an energy line and we could see Smitty/Spaling/Toots on that 4th line - again leaving Wilson as an F.

Wilson was drafted as the guy to replace Arnie; while having Lombardi/Leggy/Goc gives us an option to skate Wilson as an F this year I still think Wilson is our true 1st line center of the future, and if the Fs with some offensive upside - like SK and JA - have good camps Wilson skates as a C and gives us 3 good scoring lines this year.
I disagree (though I've never heard wingers referred to as Fs before ). First, everyone is assuming Wilson can even immediately step in and play center, which he hasn't been able to do successfully in the NHL yet. Like you said, Lombardi, Leggy, and Goc are given centers. They will most likely be the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines. 4th line center is the only one up for grabs. People are putting Goc on the 4th line, but I think there's a good chance he'll be on a scoring line just like last year when he played with Sully. I thought he showed good promise.

I agree that Wilson could very well end up as a center at some point in his career, but it won't be determined by Kostitsyn or anyone's camp. If SK and JA have good camps, Trotz find a spot for them after Wilson.

I'm more curious to see what he does with Dumont though.

Old
08-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'd jump on that.
So would I, I'd even throw in another piece. Can't see why Edmonton would do it though

Old
08-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
This is still a Trotz coached team ... the only constants will be Rinne, Suter, and Weber. The forwards will get scrambled together into every possible combination as will the bottom four.
Just like virtually every other team in the NHL does over the course of an 82 game season. Trotz will stick with combinations that work (Sullivan - Goc - Hornqvist) and will shift around others that are struggling (Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont). With our lack of room for error, I'd rather have Trotz tinkering with line combos when the team is stalled. We simply don't have time to waste...

Quote:
Can't forget about Lundmark. With a good camp, I think he will put himself in the mix for a recall. Can't see him making the team out of camp, but crazier things have happened...this signing definitely meant the end for Mike Santorelli (still unsigned) and pretty much put the screws to O'Reilly as well...

Quote:
I don't think we have a top 6 necessarily. I listed Legwand as the second line due to the fact that he will be matched up defensively against the opposition's top line every night and that in turn has him logging as many minutes as much as our top offensive line.

I think we'll roll with four lines most nights, but simply Lombardi, Legwand, and Wilson will get the most ice with Goc's line picking up a share of the ES time and getting more ice through PK duties.

In the time between the Arnott trade and the Lombardi signing we were discussing pretty much non-stop whether or not Wilson would be ready to step in and fill Arnott's role as No. 1 center. This is the perfect transition opportunity for him. In this role as No. 3 center he gets good ice time with better match ups and we're in a position to give him good veteran talent on his wings to help ease him into the star player he was drafted to be...