HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade coming soon?

Old
07-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 500
I thought the flames haven't even signed white? why give up a roster player for someone w/o a contract.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 08:53 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

Yeah, I'd be cool with White in teal. Would haaaate to see Ryane go, though.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Chaotic8
Boarding Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveland View Post
I thought the flames haven't even signed white? why give up a roster player for someone w/o a contract.
You're right though Ian White is RFA. Have to obtain his rights.

Chaotic8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Trade our white for theirs xD

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:32 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
I dont think its accurate to use Carle's stats as how good he was compared to other sharks rookies. He was a beneficiary of a JT line that was unstoppable that year.

IMO Carle is totally overrated
Yep. He was very weak defensively his rookiie year...weaker than Demers.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 11:43 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarByte View Post
oh please, not top 5. top 10 if he's lucky.

pronger,lidstrom,weber, niedermayer,chara, keith, doughty, mccabe, and then we can start mentioning boyle a couple of defensive steps ahead of mike green loll...
Sorry but boyle is completely overrated defensively by our fans. He's not campbell bad but he makes plenty of mistakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric Ubiquity View Post
You again?

Vlasic was drafted in the 2nd round after said 2nd round pick was acquired for a struggling goaltender.

He came in, won a spot in camp and up until last season had played every game but 1. He suffered his first injury of his career and still played 60+ games in the season.

Kindly name another 19 year old 2nd round draftee defenseman to come into the league and play in every game(but 1) for the first 3 years of his career.

Name a 2nd round D to come in and play every game(but 1) for the first 3 years of his career.

Name a 19 year old D to come in and play every game(but 1) for the first 3 years of his career.

I know he's not like your favourite player (who you also dump on, hilarious btw there's a reason he was on the olympic team ) but to discount the good fortune that Wilson had by making Vlasic his player at that pick would be as erroneous as it would be foolish.
Doughty and Chara easily get burned on defense as much as Boyle. Sometimes Chara looks like a human pylon and Doughty is just stupid at times. Boyle is indeed a #1 d-man...but I think anyone who isn't some kind of hockey newb knows that.

Vlasic is solid, but only in the regular season. Doesn't matter how young he was when he came in or how fast he broke into the league. Were talking about him as a player overall...and overall he is a solid defenceman who is very soft and has a huge dropoff in play during the post-season.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Tealblood

mccabe is a beast don't know what ya'll are *****in at me about. He's underrated and on one of the crappiest teams but an overall good dman, if a bit old and slow.

boyle is a #1, I just think people overrate him defensively. He does get burned quite a bit and we blame murray but both of them miss their assignments.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:04 AM
SharksAddict

You have to love Boyle's battle though. For as undersized as he is, he doesn't back down to any forward.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:08 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
mccabe is a beast don't know what ya'll are *****in at me about. He's underrated and on one of the crappiest teams but an overall good dman, if a bit old and slow.

boyle is a #1, I just think people overrate him defensively. He does get burned quite a bit and we blame murray but both of them miss their assignments.
I wouldn't want McCabe or his massive salary anywhere near my team. He's not a bad player, if he was making 5m or less he wouldn't be playing on one of the worst teams in the league.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Tealblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I wouldn't want McCabe or his massive salary anywhere near my team. He's not a bad player, if he was making 5m or less he wouldn't be playing on one of the worst teams in the league.
didn't say I wanted him, I had him at the end of my list of top 10 dmen though, toward 8 or 9, and people whined at me about how much of a noob I am.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:54 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
didn't say I wanted him, I had him at the end of my list of top 10 dmen though, toward 8 or 9, and people whined at me about how much of a noob I am.
You said he was better than Boyle, and implied he was top-5

I didn't call you a noob, I seriously wasn't sure if you were kidding or not.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 03:39 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
Doughty and Chara easily get burned on defense as much as Boyle. Sometimes Chara looks like a human pylon and Doughty is just stupid at times. Boyle is indeed a #1 d-man...but I think anyone who isn't some kind of hockey newb knows that.

Vlasic is solid, but only in the regular season. Doesn't matter how young he was when he came in or how fast he broke into the league. Were talking about him as a player overall...and overall he is a solid defenceman who is very soft and has a huge dropoff in play during the post-season.
I think we agree about Vlas. My reasoning behind Danny not measuring up as a true #1: for example when the likes of Frolov just runs you over and takes the puck to the net and scores, well, thats NOT a #1 defenseman. I'll concede that Boyle is a #1 offensive defenseman. (Go back and watch the 2004 Tampa Bay Lightning Cup run)

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Lebanezer

Sharks should keep an eye on the Shea Weber situation. He's gonna want and probably get somewhere between 6-7 million if he goes to market next season. It doesn't look like Nashville will have the money to retain him after this year. I'd try to make a pitch for him now, probably Clowe/Seto, 2 1sts and Vlasic/Murray or whatever prospects.

I would love to have a legit stud dman who's young. I know it's insane, but I would at least make the call to Nashville to check.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote