HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Manchester United-FA Cup Champions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2004, 03:07 PM
  #1
Bure9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Manchester United-FA Cup Champions

This one's for you rangers.

http://www.shokz.pwp.blueyonder.co.u...d-millwall.zip

Bure9* is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 05:07 PM
  #2
ATG
Registered User
 
ATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country:
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Cristiano Ronaldo was incredible.He'a star in the making

ATG is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 05:25 PM
  #3
Ajacied
We are never scared!
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,363
vCash: 500
Ronaldo is grossly overrated.. It's one thing to flash your technique, but it's another thing to use it effectively.

Ruud scored twice, seems like he's finding his groove just in time.

Ajacied is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 06:30 PM
  #4
rabi_sultan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: London, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,782
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
c'mon lets not kid about a Champions League team versus a Division 1 team. I'd have said that United wouldn't have deserved to win the FA Cup had they not won by two clear goals at least!!

rabi_sultan is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 06:46 PM
  #5
ATG
Registered User
 
ATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country:
Posts: 9,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
Ronaldo is grossly overrated.. It's one thing to flash your technique, but it's another thing to use it effectively.

Ruud scored twice, seems like he's finding his groove just in time.
The Kid is 19 and was definetely the best player on the pitch today.Ruud was great but let's face it he scored an empty netter and a penalty.Ronaldo showed some manuevers that were pure brilliance and had 2 defenders on him at nearly every attacking turn.He's lightning quick and is only going to get better

ATG is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 08:58 PM
  #6
GoM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,579
vCash: 500

GoM is offline  
Old
05-22-2004, 09:00 PM
  #7
rangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
Ruud scored twice, seems like he's finding his groove just in time.
Actually I thought RVN was horrible. Apart from his goals (the first on a penalty and the second on an empty net goal from 3 metres which was clearly offside) he was pretty much outplayed by 2 first division center backs for 90 mins. The MOM award was an absolute joke and should have gone to either Ronaldo or Giggs.

rangers is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 02:21 AM
  #8
Belgian Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,966
vCash: 500
That's the type of striker Ruud is, you don't see him all the time like a Thierry Henry. But that's not his role either, he has other players to create for him. Both in the United side and in the Dutch side.
I thought he looked relatively sharp, there's still some time for him to improve before Euro 2004. And he did have some more good moments, he weighed on the defense for most of the game (remember the panic all the balls going over the top of the D caused- that simply because of Ruud's presence) and made a few very good plays without the ball.


As for Ronaldo, he had a very good game, but he's still got a long way to go. He dissapears from the game for stretches and isn't very good yet when he's not on the ball. He could indeed become a very good player though, no doubt. But he isn't there yet.

I would agree though that Ronaldo or Giggs should have won the MoM award, not Ruud


And one final though: Gary Neville had NO IDEA where that cross was going on the Ronaldo goal, don't let anyone try and tell you something else.
(OK, so I had to take a cheapshot)

Belgian Fan is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 10:21 AM
  #9
BubbaBoot
Registered User
 
BubbaBoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Fenway
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 11,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian Fan
That's the type of striker Ruud is, you don't see him all the time like a Thierry Henry. But that's not his role either, he has other players to create for him. Both in the United side and in the Dutch side.
I thought he looked relatively sharp, there's still some time for him to improve before Euro 2004. And he did have some more good moments, he weighed on the defense for most of the game (remember the panic all the balls going over the top of the D caused- that simply because of Ruud's presence) and made a few very good plays without the ball.


As for Ronaldo, he had a very good game, but he's still got a long way to go. He dissapears from the game for stretches and isn't very good yet when he's not on the ball. He could indeed become a very good player though, no doubt. But he isn't there yet.

I would agree though that Ronaldo or Giggs should have won the MoM award, not Ruud


And one final though: Gary Neville had NO IDEA where that cross was going on the Ronaldo goal, don't let anyone try and tell you something else.
(OK, so I had to take a cheapshot)
Observations from a neophyte American fan who's been seduced mightily by the "beautiful game" over the last fifteen or so years:
- RVN was offside on his second goal, no question.
- Henry is the most exciting player in the sport right now, hands down.
It's like watching Sergei Samsonov with the puck....a buzz goes up in the crowd and people rise out of their seats to see what he's going to do next
Ronaldo has the potential to do the same. To be fair he was going against a defender(s) on the left side (Ryan) that had no chance in containing him, although the Millwall fullback on the other side, (Elliot?) had a great game....he is just a lad and could turn into a very good player.
- Millwall put up a valiant effort by clogging the middle with their 4-5-1 formation. I had to admire their patience in their bunker mentality and they were very cool under pressure with their short passing game....but it was like watching a very good NHL team play against a midlevel, (but plucky) AHL team....the Lions had decent enough skill but nowhere near the athleticism.
The forward and midfielders could not make any space for themselves in the offensive third because their 1v1 skills were lacking and they couldn't get around the defenders because they just didn't have the speed.
The only decent chance they had was from Ifill(?) who waited to long after a nice run and shot it into the defenders legs.
Play of the game was keeper Marshall's save off the Keane shot.
- I would take a tape of the game, with an isolation on the Millwall pugnacious manager/player Wise, and show it to the Boston Bruins forwards in hopes that they could transfer the same in-your-face rapaciousness into their own game....he's the Mathew Barnaby of Brity soccer I'd say....(although he was the blame for ManU's first goal that opened up the game, Ronaldo's header, by breaking the #1 rule in soccer, ie.... don't wait, move to the ball).
- Silvestre had a strong, (easy?) game.....
- Scholes can play for my team anytime....


Last edited by BubbaBoot: 05-23-2004 at 10:26 AM.
BubbaBoot is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 10:25 AM
  #10
Korhonen
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Jyväskylä
Country: Finland
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
I'm a Manchester United fan but unfortunately I had seen only three of their games this season before last night so I was pretty anxious to see Christiano Ronaldo play. And I wasn't disappointed: the youngster should have been the MOM. His technique really impressed me.

Giggs was also great as usual and van Nistelrooy did what everybody expected from him; scored two goals.

Korhonen is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 11:58 AM
  #11
Bure9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Ronaldinho is the most exciting player in the world, not Henry. I've been following young Ronaldo's development all season and it's been impressive. He's grown by leaps and bounds. You can see his confidence is sky-high as he's pulling Ronaldinho tricks in every game he's playing now(he's scoring, as well). A game like this should silence the critics that say he's a one-trick pony. He'll pull a Zidane 360 on your ass!!!

Bure9* is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 12:06 PM
  #12
ParisSaintGermain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
I thought Millwall was awful yesterday. They just didn't even bother to try to go forward at any time of the game. They blatlantly surrendered before the game even started.
Manchester did the job. Well done to them.

ParisSaintGermain is offline  
Old
05-23-2004, 03:07 PM
  #13
BubbaBoot
Registered User
 
BubbaBoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Fenway
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 11,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
Ronaldinho is the most exciting player in the world, not Henry. I've been following young Ronaldo's development all season and it's been impressive. He's grown by leaps and bounds. You can see his confidence is sky-high as he's pulling Ronaldinho tricks in every game he's playing now(he's scoring, as well). A game like this should silence the critics that say he's a one-trick pony. He'll pull a Zidane 360 on your ass!!!
I haven't seen enough of him so I'm only going by what I've been able watch, (and my favorite Brazilian is Roberto Carlos anyways).....

BubbaBoot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.