HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

** ALL Kovalchuk Rumors/Discussions HERE (PART 2)**

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Mike The Franchise

vCash: 500
** ALL Kovalchuk Rumors/Discussions HERE (PART 2)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You are correct.....Phil Anschutz- $7.6 billion Net worth....
thanks

Old
07-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem1 View Post
saying people are jealous of the islanders might literally be the most ridiulous thing ive ever heard. lets just get that out of the way.
C'mon!

You guys have been jealous since NYI's wonderful billionaire (and smart hockey man!) signed the last hollow Russian superstar to a 10-year deal. Having seen how he led us to success last decade, Wang and those among his equally amensia-prone fanbase are looking forward to the sequel. (How was it exactly that Einstein defined insanity? )

And money is nothing...like the money we are paying out to Russian Superstar I through 2014....seven years after he last played in the NHL. Admit it, you are jealous of NYI's shrewd fi$cal acumen as well as its on-ice success!

Kovy for $10 mil over 10 years. Brilliant!

Last edited by Trottier: 07-03-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old
07-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Meganuck*

why is everyone so ******** that the islanders may possibly sign Kovalchuk? Who cares, let him go there. It's not like he would make the Kings a contender.

I think it would be great for the Isles as they'd have a marquee player right now. (Tavares is not there yet)

Old
07-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
C'mon!

You guys have been jealous since NYI's wonderful billionaire (and smart hoceky man!) signed the last hollow Russian superstar to a 10-year deal. Having seen how he led us to success last decade, Wang and those among his equally amensia-prone fanbase are looking forward to the sequel.

How was it that Einstein defined insanity?
I am jealous of those cool throwback jerseys you guys have

Old
07-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
No I get it, you hastily picked Kovalchuk as your username.

Old
07-03-2010, 02:50 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
I really like the Islanders Jerseys, they are designed really well...

Old
07-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
why is everyone so ******** that the islanders may possibly sign Kovalchuk? Who cares, let him go there. It's not like he would make the Kings a contender.

I think it would be great for the Isles as they'd have a marquee player right now. (Tavares is not there yet)
Wrong, Kovalchuk makes Kopitar a legitimate 1st line center,plus Doughty would have someone to give a break-out pass to that has some legitimate speed, Kovalchuk in the past 3 years has ranked 2nd in even strenght scoring only 2nd to Ovechkin, which helps a lot with our even strength scoring which was what you saw in the playoffs horendous.

Old
07-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
No I get it, you hastily picked Kovalchuk as your username.
haha,actually I changed it during the middle of the season, hes been my favorite player ever since he was drafted and decided to change my username

Old
07-03-2010, 02:57 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Wrong, Kovalchuk makes Kopitar a legitimate 1st line center,plus Doughty would have someone to give a break-out pass to that has some legitimate speed, Kovalchuk in the past 3 years has ranked 2nd in even strenght scoring only 2nd to Ovechkin, which helps a lot with our even strength scoring which was what you saw in the playoffs horendous.
You forgot that he was also playing in the worst defensive division in the league. He did NOTHING during the playoffs with the Devils.

There's a HUGE red flag attached to this guy. Sure, i'd take him at a reasonable salary but I'd be skeptical of his output in the West. Specifically considering how rough it is out here.

If Kovalchuk makes Kopitar better, that means that he's essentially a Brendan Morrison when the Canucks had Bert and Nazzy flying.

I'd be happy if the kings got Kovalchuk.

Old
07-03-2010, 02:58 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

My question is this: Why does this type of news have to result in everyone bashing the Islanders?

This is a bold move, make no mistake. But it's a move that an owner, who very well may have taken his last straw, WANTS to make.

It's his money. The Islanders, which is no secret, have a hard on for russians.

Wang can be generous with his money. Would it really be that bad?

He signs with the Devils, it's an amazing signing.

With the Isles.. OH NO.. what a dreadul place to sign.

UFA is a game of chicken and money. Islanders have entered a big race. If they sign him, what can you do? He joins a young, talented team.

This money is not ours and it'll never be ours to see. Kovy joins a team with a lot of potential.

Can't any of you wish him well? Why do the Isles have to be made fun of all the time.

Jesus.

Old
07-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
I'm jealous of owners and GMs not stupid enough to hand anyone not named Crosby or Oveckin $10 mil per year over 10 years.

Kovy would be a great addition to any team. But not at those reported terms; they are ridiculous.

Now I know why Lombardi and Lou have not yet flinched. Smart hockey men wouldn't.

Last edited by Trottier: 07-03-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old
07-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Can't any of you wish him well? Why do the Isles have to be made fun of all the time.

Jesus.
Wow, Really? Have you seen the main boards. The 6 Canadian teams take it WAY worse than any other team.

Get thicker skin. I seriously couldnt care less if he went to the Isle.

Old
07-03-2010, 03:00 AM
guyincognito

Quote:
You forgot that he was also playing in the worst defensive division in the league. He did NOTHING during the playoffs with the Devils.

There's a HUGE red flag attached to this guy. Sure, i'd take him at a reasonable salary but I'd be skeptical of his output in the West. Specifically considering how rough it is out here.

If Kovalchuk makes Kopitar better, that means that he's essentially a Brendan Morrison when the Canucks had Bert and Nazzy flying.

I'd be happy if the kings got Kovalchuk.
Well, to be fair, no one did anything for us in the playoffs. Other than Brodeur in Game 3, we were pathetic.

I do think he's a tad overrated though. But that's not my concern. If we had legitimate cap space, I'd take him on with very little questions asked. I just don't want to be pinned to the cap wall for a number of years. We just got off it and it was a *****.

Old
07-03-2010, 03:04 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Wow, Really? Have you seen the main boards. The 6 Canadian teams take it WAY worse than any other team.

Get thicker skin. I seriously couldnt care less if he went to the Isle.
I have to agree with that every year that goes by; without a Canadian team winning the cup, those teams get lambasted about how Canada will never win a cup every again....

Then their own Fans start to join in on the feeding Frenzy... It's ****ing brutal.

The Islanders have it easy, Ive been to NY I mention Hockey and Everyone starts talking about the Rangers....lol

Last edited by William H Bonney: 07-03-2010 at 03:13 AM. Reason: let the filter do its job
Old
07-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Selke

There is no way he signs with the Islanders, is there?

Old
07-03-2010, 03:15 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
So is this thing going to go all weekend without an answer???

Old
07-03-2010, 03:18 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

I hope he goes to NYI. I would hate to see Kovy in the west.

Old
07-03-2010, 03:19 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I have to agree with that every year that goes by; without a Canadian team winning the cup, those teams get lambasted about how Canada will never win a cup every again....

Then their own Fans start to join in on the feeding Frenzy... It's ****ing brutal.

The Islanders have it easy, Ive been to NY I mention Hockey and Everyone starts talking about the Rangers....lol
You should have seen the Canucks conspiracy when they were playing the Kings. Its was disgusting...of course its nucks fans but still! (and to be honest there were alot of very passionate nuck fans who were very cordial) It went as far as saying Bettman paid the refs to make bad calls.... yikes

Old
07-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Well done Wang. Its been so fun reading the coments by Kings and Rangers fans '******** their pants' on the prospect of Kovy becoming an Islander

Old
07-03-2010, 03:59 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Well done Wang. Its been so fun reading the coments by Kings and Rangers fans '******** their pants' on the prospect of Kovy becoming an Islander
I DGAF where he signs as long as he does it tomorrow. I'm sick of this being all people are talking about

Old
07-03-2010, 04:12 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
I see more people laughing at that 10x10 rumor than anything.

Old
07-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I wouldn't mind Kovalchuk on the Avs. But anything above $8M/year and I would think it would not be worth it.

There is no reason to think he couldn't be an integral part of a winning team. Anyone claiming otherwise simply hasn't watched him. He plays with passion and has elite offensive skill.

But in a cap world salary matters and at $10M/year, he would take too big a chunk for me to be comfortable.

Old
07-03-2010, 04:17 AM
Randizzle

Rag Fans Fear This:

Petrov-Tavares-Kovy
Okposo-Bailey-Comeau
Kabonov (Waiting in the wings in 1-2 years)

Old
07-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I really don't want another ****ing superstar in our division. Enough is enough.

Old
07-03-2010, 04:24 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
I honestly could not care less where he goes. Let 'em sign him. He's grossly overpaid @ 10 mil a year.

Closed Thread