HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

** ALL Kovalchuk Rumors/Discussions HERE (PART 2)**

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2010, 09:08 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
and there it is. i dont know what goes on inside but whether or not he regrets leaving the thrashers, im sure he regrets not getting that huge contract. now a similiar contract is on the table thats just poking him in the side as he mulls over the devils and kings offers, and is it just too much to pass up on? do you go to the kings knowing that you just passed up on 100 million twice? its a lot to think about.

and i believe that for him KHL isnt an option.
I don't want to start a debate on Kovalchuk's intention cause I have no clue what's going on in his mind. What I do know is that a competitive athlete, a pro athlete at that, wants to win and when you've been losing all your life (as a pro), you want to win and win bad.

The Islanders are a few years away and who's to say that they'll be part of the elite whitin the the next 5 years or so* ? It's a major gamble on his part but like I said, I can't read his mind so who knows.

* No offense to Islanders fans BTW

Old
07-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Crown Royal

How was it that Einstein defined insanity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
It's not like he would make the Kings a contender.
This^

Old
07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I don't want to start a debate on Kovalchuk's intention cause I have no clue what's going on in his mind. What I do know is that a competitive athlete, a pro athlete at that, wants to win and when you've been losing all your life (as a pro), you want to win and win bad.

The Islanders are a few years away and who's to say that they'll be part of the elite whitin the the next 5 years or so* ? It's a major gamble on his part but like I said, I can't read his mind so who knows.

No offense taken. We know what we're dealing with.

Hey, we're in it with you and LA. We're just trying to come up with the positives and negatives of this all. It's a shock to us, too.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
So after all this drama, he just ends up where he was rumored to go the whole time. I wonder what the terms will be with LA.
Talk to me goose.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:12 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
1) Atlanta and the Islanders are not comparable. One has an illustrious history and a great young core. One has no proof of ever trying to be good, ever ACTUALLY being good, and ever showing growth in the city of Atlanta. Hockey in Atlanta does not compare to hockey on Long Island. This place is a nuthouse in situations like these. Kovy comes to LI, I'd love to hear the comments when the Coliseum is sold out for half the season like it was in 2001, when, you guessed it.. the Isles signed Yashin.

The Islanders are not a team that will 1) offer this money to just anyone 2) do it continually

Atlanta has one of the strongest core group of youngsters out there right now...

Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian, Nic Bergfors, Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Bryan Little, Toby Enstrom, Ondrej Pavelec, Patrice Cormier, Alex Burmistrov....

It's possible that no one in the starting lineup next fall will be over 30 years old! All of the above are 26 or younger, and 6 of them are under 23!

Next point, the Islanders have offered 2 of the stupidest contracts out there! Calling Mr. Yashin (he's on the payroll until 2015!) and Mr. Dipietro (He's got like a 30 year mortgage).... and yes, they continue to throw money at people but no one wants to go to the Island. Even the local government is disinterested in the Lighthouse Project. Face it, the Isles are not anywhere near the late 70's anymore. You can't call 40 years ago "glorious heritage" unless you are a fan of Toronto.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
If he goes to NYI, people will throw crap at him during the warm ups when the Isles come to Atlanta. Seriously, I think people will lose it.

what, all 16 of em that are there for warm ups?

Old
07-03-2010, 09:13 AM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post

Atlanta has one of the strongest core group of youngsters out there right now...

Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian, Nic Bergfors, Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Bryan Little, Toby Enstrom, Ondrej Pavelec, Patrice Cormier, Alex Burmistrov....
You're actually gonna sit here and say it's better than the NYI's young talent?

Old
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Volek View Post
Did I miss the signing announcement, or are you just being presumptive?
Probably just referring to Dreger and LeBrun's tweets. They both think it is still LA.

Not sure why they're so confident, can only hope they haven't been driven insane like the LA fanbase (my crazy self included).

Old
07-03-2010, 09:16 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:

It's possible that no one in the starting lineup next fall will be over 30 years old! All of the above are 26 or younger, and 6 of them are under 23!

Next point, the Islanders have offered 2 of the stupidest contracts out there! Calling Mr. Yashin (he's on the payroll until 2015!) and Mr. Dipietro (He's got like a 30 year mortgage).... and yes, they continue to throw money at people but no one wants to go to the Island. Even the local government is disinterested in the Lighthouse Project. Face it, the Isles are not anywhere near the late 70's anymore. You can't call 40 years ago "glorious heritage" unless you are a fan of Toronto.
BTW, I think you guys have a great young team. I never meant to knock your team. I merely meant to say that maybe the Islanders have an upper hand because they are "established" and have a "history"

It's not much to work with, trust me. I apologize, because I'm not a fan who sits here and berates other franchises. I'm just trying to justify whats happening here. Again, I'm sorry. You guys have a very bright future, there's no denying that. And that's a fact.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
So after all this drama, he just ends up where he was rumored to go the whole time. I wonder what the terms will be with LA.
where did you see the signing?

Old
07-03-2010, 09:17 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
YES. And they are worth enough to reach the salary floor.

Good luck Islanders. You may finally get away from a top 5 pick next year.

And at least Burke isn't your GM! Toronto can't even make the most of their crappy seasons.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post

no offense taken. id really love to see whats going on in his head it all comes down to the question, does he want money or wins more?

Old
07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
GuillermoMagico

Quote:
ATL is ranked a good amount higher on HF's organizational rankings.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:

I must respectfully disagree then, sorry, and no, I wouldn't want Cormier anywhere near my lockerroom. He's a hooligan.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:19 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
I would.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:19 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
I must respectfully disagree then, sorry, and no, I wouldn't want Cormier anywhere near my lockerroom. He's a hooligan.
Hooligan is soccer talk.....He's a GOON until he shows otherwise. In fact, Captain Goon if you count the Team Canada Juniors.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:20 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:

Man, this thread is epic.

BTW, the Islanders actually have no fans. We don't even really play the games here. It's all a magic trick. What happens is, Charles buys Asian children in Eastern Asia and he puts them in the stands for Islander games. He sometimes fluctuates the numbers to play with you all on HFBoards.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Fairenough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillermoMagico View Post
Who the **** cares?

Only a clown would sit here and pretend that (Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian, Nic Bergfors, Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Bryan Little, Toby Enstrom, Ondrej Pavelec, Patrice Cormier, Alex Burmistrov) is better than (John Tavares,Kyle Okposo,Josh Bailey,Matt Moulson,Blake Comeau,Frans Nielsen,Matt Martin,Kirill Petrov,Nino Niederreiter,Kirill Kabanov,Rob Schremp,Travis Hamonic,Calvin De Haan,Jack Hillen,Andrew MacDonald,Matt Donovan,Kevin Poulin,Mikko Koskinen). That's laughable actually!

Old
Scottkmlps

Quote:
I think his first choice has been LA from the beginning. Always has been, and still is. I'm pretty much looking at this, and have been, as LA's been negotiating with one of there own free agents.

Old
nyscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillermoMagico View Post
You realize the Islanders rankings dont' take into account Tavares, Bailey, Okposo etc.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:24 AM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:

Man, this thread is epic.

BTW, the Islanders actually have no fans. We don't even really play the games here. It's all a magic trick. What happens is, Charles buys Asian children in Eastern Asia and he puts them in the stands for Islander games. He sometimes fluctuates the numbers to play with you all on HFBoards.
Add to that, PW and I aren't real people. We're sophisticated Computer Associates bots that spam hockey message boards with overtures of Wang's greatness.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenough View Post
Who the **** cares?

Only a clown would sit here and pretend that (Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian, Nic Bergfors, Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Bryan Little, Toby Enstrom, Ondrej Pavelec, Patrice Cormier, Alex Burmistrov) is better than (John Tavares,Kyle Okposo,Josh Bailey,Matt Moulson,Blake Comeau,Frans Nielsen,Matt Martin,Kirill Petrov,Nino Niederreiter,Kirill Kabanov,Rob Schremp,Travis Hamonic,Calvin De Haan,Jack Hillen,Andrew MacDonald,Matt Donovan,Kevin Poulin,Mikko Koskinen). That's laughable actually!
Instead of derailing this awesome thread , go make a poll.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:26 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
BTW, I think you guys have a great young team. I never meant to knock your team. I merely meant to say that maybe the Islanders have an upper hand because they are "established" and have a "history"

It's not much to work with, trust me. I apologize, because I'm not a fan who sits here and berates other franchises. I'm just trying to justify whats happening here. Again, I'm sorry. You guys have a very bright future, there's no denying that. And that's a fact.
Hey, no sweat! Just some fun banter during the summer heat! We are all fans of a great sport. If our owners/GM's could straighten things out, both cities would fill the arenas. Chicago, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh... all teams that sufferred on the ice and sufferred in attendance at one time. We'll both have our days again.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

HF Boards organizational rankings??? gimme a break...what counts is what happens on the ice. Other than having fun, predictions are ridiculous. Like anyone predicted Phoenix to finish 4th, or Carolina to nearly dominate the east in the last 1/4 of the season..

That argument is invalid

Old
07-03-2010, 09:27 AM
GuillermoMagico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenough View Post
Who the **** cares?

What do you mean who the eff cares? Obviously the HF writers are clowns then. Geeze, Islanders fans getting so defensive.

They both have good young cores, but you won't know for a few years who turns out to be better because of it.

So calm the ******* down.

Closed Thread