HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Four Big Kids to Watch at the Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

Old
07-05-2010, 12:18 PM
the watcher

vCash: 500
Four Big Kids to Watch at the Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kamal...Camp/137/29202

Quote:
The last few days of the NHL offseason have been all about the free agent frenzy. With the NHL draft behind us and players changing cities, signing mega-deals, and teams remaking their rosters, there hasn't been a lot of attention paid to NHL prospects.

That, however, is about to change in the city of Montreal.

Tomorrow morning the Montreal Canadiens open their annual player development camp, kicking off a two-month push towards the new NHL season.

The Habs' Brossard-based practice facility will be filled with bright-eyed, bushy tailed NHL hopefuls who will be learning a little more about what it takes to become an NHL player.

While there will be a ton of talent on the ice, there are four players in particular that should stand out and not just because of their skills.

Jarred Tinordi, Lars Eller, Aaron Palushaj, and Alexander Avtsin are all big kids—the shortest being 6'0" and the tallest 6'6"—with tons of talent to boot.

These four prospects represent a step in a new direction for a franchise that has been undersized for far too long.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 07-05-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Next time, don't quote the whole article.
the watcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

coooool. Can't wait to see what they can do tomorrow

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Fortunately for Habs fans, Avtsin just opted out of his contract with Moscow Dynamo and is sticking to his commitment to come to North America this season.
Is this true? i've been out of the loop recently, but I had last heard that he was staying in Russia

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Is this true? i've been out of the loop recently, but I had last heard that he was staying in Russia
Yes its true,
the canadiens confirmed his presence to developpement camp
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533644

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:

Yes it is.

He want to play in america (Hamilton or Montreal) next season.

Interesting fact, his rights in the CHL : Montreal Juniors!

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:39 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

Quote:
Yes this was reported over the weekend (at least thats when I read the thread). He'll be in NA next season.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
TankEller*

He's not going in the CHL. MAG confirmed it on his own twitter: He's going to be either in the NHL or the AHL. And that's fine by me. He has nothing to learn in the Q. The KHL is much better than the AHL, and he sure as hell didn't look like he was intimidated over there. Had he not been injured, he would have hit over 20 points IMHO... He was really heating up as the season went on.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
the watcher

love tinordi's info:

Quote:
In addition to his size, this stay-at-home defenseman plays an aggressive in your face brand of hockey, possesses a good skating stirde, and great first pass.

As if that weren't enough, Tinordi has leadership skills up the yingyang, and has future captain written all over him.

If you're looking for a comparison, he is something of a Mike Komisarek-plus. Bigger, stronger and a better skater than Komisarek, it will be a treat to watch this kid develop into the top-4 defenseman that he is projected to become.
komi who?

the watcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
TankEller*

To say Tinordi has a GREAT first pass is definitely pushing it quite a bit. However, he still has plenty of time to improve this over the next few years.

Old
07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
To say Tinordi has a GREAT first pass is definitely pushing it quite a bit. However, he still has plenty of time to improve this over the next few years.
This is not the first time I've heard of him having a good first pass. It's a bit of a stretch, I'm sure, to say that he has a great first pass, but to be fair, I'm sure it's not "pushing it quite a bit".

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
When you were watching him, how was his skating? I heard he had a very good first pass, but I haven't watched him like yourself.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Have you seen him alot ? What can you tell us about him ?

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Lemons

I want the habs to be patient with tinordi as they were with PK

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:11 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
When you were watching him, how was his skating? I heard he had a very good first pass, but I haven't watched him like yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Have you seen him alot ? What can you tell us about him ?
I haven't watched any more of him than you guys. I just have never, EVER read that he had a stellar first pass. In fact, he himself said his play with the puck on his stick was what he had to improve.

To say he's got a great first pass is laughable... this is definitely not where his bread and butter is. And that, every single report I've read are saying.

So that I'm not ready to actually believe an HockeyBuzz clown I've never even heard about before today, and that I'd rather believe the ones who actually saw him play on a regular basis, and even himself, is nothing to be laughed on.

I wonder why this seems like this is such a surprise for you. He's a physical beast who needs to work on his play with the puck. Going from there, this is just normal.

Old
07-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
I haven't watched any more of him than you guys. I just have never, EVER read that he had a stellar first pass. In fact, he himself said his play with the puck on his stick was what he had to improve.

To say he's got a great first pass is laughable... this is definitely not where his bread and butter is. And that, every single report I've read are saying.
McKeen's disagrees with you.

Quote:
"Tinordi is not a natural puck rusher, but he can execute first passes with alarming accuracy."

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Craig71

I would love it if one of these guys besides Eller that could step into the NHL right away. I would love for us to have a prospect that makes an instant jump and is successful. I hope it is the russian kid. I don't know much about him but from what everybody has written it seems like he is an all-world talent.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
McKeen's disagrees with you.
I pledge allegiance to the Mag of the United Scouts of Mckeenika.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:23 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

So that I'm not ready to actually believe an HockeyBuzz clown I've never even heard about before today, and that I'd rather believe the ones who actually saw him play on a regular basis, and even himself, is nothing to be laughed on.

I wonder why this seems like this is such a surprise for you. He's a physical beast who needs to work on his play with the puck. Going from there, this is just normal.
Fair enough. I did read that he makes a good first pass and thought you had seen him play. Here's what others have to say: http://thehockeywriters.com/the-hock...arred-tinordi/

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Fair enough. I did read that he makes a good first pass and thought you had seen him play. Here's what others have to say: http://thehockeywriters.com/the-hock...arred-tinordi/
If he has a great first pass, that's one more point for him. I read at several places that he had a hard time with his play with the puck, and I deducted that his first pass needed some work, just as the other areas of his game with the puck. If that's not the case, good for us. I don't understand why Leblanc is ahead of him in the prospects poll, though, if that's really the case.

Old
07-05-2010, 03:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

great =/= stellar, atleast not when i use the word. And if it's so laughable that he has a good first pass, why does mckeen's say he does? And I'm pretty sure that's not the only place i've seen that said about him.

Quote:
If he has a great first pass, that's one more point for him. I read at several places that he had a hard time with his play with the puck, and I deducted that his first pass needed some work, just as the other areas of his game with the puck. If that's not the case, good for us. I don't understand why Leblanc is ahead of him in the prospects poll, though, if that's really the case.
I think you're confusing his 'play with the puck' as only being his pass. He may just need to improve his puck handling, but his PASS is 'alarmingly accurate', perhaps because the rest of his puck handling is lack lustre? Thats the most sense i can make of it.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:38 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:

The Sporting News, Mckeens,NHL.com all have him with a good first pass. What's laughable exactly?

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 04:42 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

From the clips I've seen of him, he is calm with the puck and makes quick decisions with it. You won't likely ever see him on a PP, but from the info I've gathered through reports and my own observations is that his ability to make a good first pass is one of his positive attributes.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I'm not sure. Does anyone else know if avtsin is coming over?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 04:49 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Ya he's no Markov or PK with the puck, but he is more then capable to make the first pass.

CrAzYNiNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 05:37 PM
sukimono

At 5''11 they're midgets and at 6"0 they're so big

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote