HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks/Islanders

Old
07-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Ace of Canucks

vCash: 500
Canucks/Islanders

To Vancouver: Blake Comeau, Matt Martin, and 4th(11)

To New York: Kevin Bieksa and Jannik Hansen

Bieksa is an obvious bet to be moved by the Canucks. Ballard and Hamhuis were just acquired, while Ehrhoff and Edler both aren't going anywhere, Sami Salo has a NTC and will not be asked to waive. That leaves the final big ticket D man being Bieksa. This is the exact type of return I'd want for Juice, an excellent bottom 6 forward in Comeau, a physical prospect in Martin who stands a chance at cracking the squad for next season, and a mid round pick. Comeau immediately slides into a 3rd line role, most likely playing RW on a line with Malhotra and Hodgson.

Isles do this because while they have an abundance of talented young forwards (Tavares, Moulson, Okposo, Bailey, Niederreiter, Nielsen), they don't have the same kind of depth on D. Streit and Hillen are two solid defenseman, and the addition of Eaton will help, but their youngsters like Hamonic and de Haan are still a couple years away in my opinion. A guy like Bieksa would bring toughness and offensive ability to the Islanders backend, and give them a guy who can play big minutes and produce (barring any killer skate blades on the loose!). Hansen gives the NYI a guy who has been largely underused in the Vancouver organization and could have a break out season when given the oppurtunity with another team.

Thoughts on this proposal?

Ace of Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Hipster Doofus

Tough deal to make. Comeau showed a lot last year playing a physical yet skilled game. And Martin is pure heart and soul, it woudl break me to see him traded. If you dropped Martin I think it could work if the Isles felt confident in Petrov/UFA coming over. But Martin is a real tough guy to move.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Canucks View Post
To Vancouver: Blake Comeau, Matt Martin, and 4th(11)

To New York: Kevin Bieksa and Jannik Hansen

Bieksa is an obvious bet to be moved by the Canucks. Ballard and Hamhuis were just acquired, while Ehrhoff and Edler both aren't going anywhere, Sami Salo has a NTC and will not be asked to waive. That leaves the final big ticket D man being Bieksa. This is the exact type of return I'd want for Juice, an excellent bottom 6 forward in Comeau, a physical prospect in Martin who stands a chance at cracking the squad for next season, and a mid round pick. Comeau immediately slides into a 3rd line role, most likely playing RW on a line with Malhotra and Hodgson.

Isles do this because while they have an abundance of talented young forwards (Tavares, Moulson, Okposo, Bailey, Niederreiter, Nielsen), they don't have the same kind of depth on D. Streit and Hillen are two solid defenseman, and the addition of Eaton will help, but their youngsters like Hamonic and de Haan are still a couple years away in my opinion. A guy like Bieksa would bring toughness and offensive ability to the Islanders backend, and give them a guy who can play big minutes and produce (barring any killer skate blades on the loose!). Hansen gives the NYI a guy who has been largely underused in the Vancouver organization and could have a break out season when given the oppurtunity with another team.

Thoughts on this proposal?
as an Isles fan, I wouldnt do this for Comeau alone. with the additions of Ballard and Hamhuis, Bieksa is an injury prone overpaid redundancy in vancouver and will be moved for cap purposes

no interest unless priced as such

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 07-03-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:37 PM
denkiteki

Not a bad trade but honestly Jannik Hansen is someone who i want to see back. He has a lot of upside and is a solid 2 way player. Only problem is AV doesn't play him a lot for some reason, so from the 'nucks stand point, i would have to say no.

denkiteki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ziostilon

from a Nucks' side point of view. this is probably my favourite Bieksa trade proposal

keep in mind non-Canucks fans or watchers. Bieksa's injuries are flukes. both of his big ones are so fluked that you think it won't ever happen again

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
2011Canucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
as an Isles fan, I wouldnt do this for Comeau alone. with the additions of Barker and Hamhuis, Bieksa is an injury prone overpaid redundancy

no interest
first off, atleast know who you're talking about, and it's ballard not barker. second off, this is by no means overpaying, i see this as a fair deal for both sides. Canucks add some grit up front. Isles get a gritty puck mover on the back end. This is more likely to happen than not, because the Islanders arent close to the cap floor.

ps, there are better deals right now for bieksa.

2011Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
as an Isles fan, I wouldnt do this for Comeau alone. with the additions of Barker and Hamhuis, Bieksa is an injury prone overpaid redundancy in vancouver and will be moved for cap purposes

Excuse me!

Overpaid redundancy fine, but two freak accidents involving skates slicing leg muscles open isn't injury prone.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Ace of Canucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Tough deal to make. Comeau showed a lot last year playing a physical yet skilled game. And Martin is pure heart and soul, it woudl break me to see him traded. If you dropped Martin I think it could work if the Isles felt confident in Petrov/UFA coming over. But Martin is a real tough guy to move.
Perhaps take out the pick to make it more even? And you guys would get a player who would thrive on another team in Hansen. He's got speed, fairly aggresive, and has shown flashes of offensive ability. All this, while being played on lines with plugs like Alex Bolduc and Darcy Hordichuk (thanks AV).

Quote:
as an Isles fan, I wouldnt do this for Comeau alone. with the additions of Barker and Hamhuis, Bieksa is an injury prone overpaid redundancy

no interest
So, let me get this straight. Bieksa got worse because the Canucks made a trade and signed a player? I fail to see how that affected Bieksa's playing ability.

And having two freak accidents does not make you injury prone. I'm getting really sick of some ignorant fans calling him that. The guy's a warrior and I'd love to keep him, but we can't because of the Salary Cap.

Old
07-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Ace of Canucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
Not a bad trade but honestly Jannik Hansen is someone who i want to see back. He has a lot of upside and is a solid 2 way player. Only problem is AV doesn't play him a lot for some reason, so from the 'nucks stand point, i would have to say no.
I'd love to see him back as well, but AV never plays him in the role he should be, as a 3rd line winger. AV just keeps dumping him on the 4th line, where he is not quite physical enough to make an impact. Hansen best asset is his 2-way ability, and you can't show that while playing 10 minutes a game against the other teams worst players.

Plus, I'm really high on Martin. He's a very physical player, and once he grows into his frame, I think he could be an absolute monster.

Old
07-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Canuckee

Quote:
as an Isles fan, I wouldnt do this for Comeau alone. with the additions of Ballard and Hamhuis, Bieksa is an injury prone overpaid redundancy in vancouver and will be moved for cap purposes

he not ******* injury prone, how many times do Canucks fan's need to say this. He had to freak injuries where a skate cut his calf twice... how often does that happen, it's just bad luck. He would easily be your #2 behind Streit and can put up 40+ points. Sure he has giveaways occasionally and makes bad pinches, but he's a great guy in the locker room, great teammate who stands up for them, and plays a gritty style of game. He play's his best when hes mad.

Canuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Perhaps take out the pick to make it more even? And you guys would get a player who would thrive on another team in Hansen. He's got speed, fairly aggresive, and has shown flashes of offensive ability. All this, while being played on lines with plugs like Alex Bolduc and Darcy Hordichuk (thanks AV).

So, let me get this straight. Bieksa got worse because the Canucks made a trade and signed a player? I fail to see how that affected Bieksa's playing ability.

And having two freak accidents does not make you injury prone. I'm getting really sick of some ignorant fans calling him that. The guy's a warrior and I'd love to keep him, but we can't because of the Salary Cap.
then keep him, he rarely hits as he used to and Comeau is way more valuable to us than Bieksa would be at his price

Old
07-03-2010, 08:49 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
I'd love to see him back as well, but AV never plays him in the role he should be, as a 3rd line winger. AV just keeps dumping him on the 4th line, where he is not quite physical enough to make an impact. Hansen best asset is his 2-way ability, and you can't show that while playing 10 minutes a game against the other teams worst players.

Plus, I'm really high on Martin. He's a very physical player, and once he grows into his frame, I think he could be an absolute monster.
That's a lot of ifs but like i said, its not a bad trade and if its the type of deal MG ends up making, its not a bad deal, i would just prefer to see rather or not Hansen is next year's Raymond (and i think he could considering how much skill we obtain for the 3rd/4th lines).

If Hansen played like he did last training camp (-last fight), he will easily make the team again and start out in the 3rd line instead of IR and could play with offensive threats instead of 4th liners to show case his 2 way game. Not saying he will score 25 goals but 15-20 is quite possible for him out of the 3rd line.

Old
07-03-2010, 08:52 PM
AZPenguins

Quote:
then keep him, he rarely hits as he used to and Comeau is way more valuable to us than Bieksa would be at his price
Well said. The Canucks NEED to move their asset, the Islanders do not.

AZPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Ace of Canucks

Quote:
Read the last part of the post. We can't keep him due to the Salary Cap.

Quote:
That's a lot of ifs but like i said, its not a bad trade and if its the type of deal MG ends up making, its not a bad deal, i would just prefer to see rather or not Hansen is next year's Raymond (and i think he could considering how much skill we obtain for the 3rd/4th lines).

If Hansen played like he did last training camp (-last fight), he will easily make the team again and start out in the 3rd line instead of IR and could play with offensive threats instead of 4th liners to show case his 2 way game. Not saying he will score 25 goals but 15-20 is quite possible for him out of the 3rd line.
Agreed, if we don't land a guy like Comeau in exchange for Bieksa, then I'd like to see him dealt for picks/prospects. Hopefully then AV would use Hansen in a 3rd line role, because all he needs is more ice-time in my opinion and we will see how effective he can be. Remember when he was playing with Kesler and Burrows? That line thrived and he was a big part of it. Then Kes and Burr were split up and Hansen sort of got lost in the shuffle.

Old
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

it would be tough to see those players go. isles pass. comeau showed a lot of promise last year and id like to see it through. id rather have him not be bertuzzi 2.0

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:

Hansen, could very well be, in some ways he is like Comeau, plays hard and smart and gets it. I like him too. to me Hansen is the best part of the vancouver end of the deal

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 07-03-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old
07-03-2010, 08:56 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

I'd do Comeau and a 3rd, maybe a second for Bieksa, no to Martin's inclusion.

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Volek View Post
I'd do Comeau and a 3rd, maybe a second for Bieksa, no to Martin's inclusion.
volek did you watch Comeau this year? if you did then you'd never do this..... Bieksa is a shell of his former Self, he doesnt hit anymore and is much Like Martinek has become. at one time Bieksa like Martinek was pretty damn good but they are both different guys now

Old
07-03-2010, 09:01 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
volek did you watch Comeau this year? if you did then you'd never do this..... Bieksa is a shell of his former Self, he doesnt hit anymore and is much Like Martinek has become.
I watched or was at 80 of the 82 games this year. Unless he cured cancer in the two games I missed, you trade him for Bieksa 105 times out of 100.

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
Agreed, if we don't land a guy like Comeau in exchange for Bieksa, then I'd like to see him dealt for picks/prospects. Hopefully then AV would use Hansen in a 3rd line role, because all he needs is more ice-time in my opinion and we will see how effective he can be. Remember when he was playing with Kesler and Burrows? That line thrived and he was a big part of it. Then Kes and Burr were split up and Hansen sort of got lost in the shuffle.
Pretty much sums his career so far. Every time his line gets going, we break that line apart and then he goes ice cold. Heck going back to last season, he had back to back GWGs and show the type of 2 way skills he has. Not long after, he was in the press box again. For some strange reason AV had Glass ahead of him in the depth chart and i think that's a huge mistake. Glass is tough but has no offense what so ever and our 3rd line was an offensive line last year. If he can get a start similar to Raymond last year, AV really has no choice but play him. Remember AV did the almost the samething to Raymond 2 years ago but once he got going, he didn't move Raymond around as much.

Also, in theory, we actually can keep Bieksa. We just need to get rid of Alberts (waiver and hope no one picks him up for depth) and trade SOB. That frees up enough space for us next year if there isn't a trade that makes sense. That's assuming Raymond makes 2.5-2.8 mil. Doubt any team will throw him an offersheet over 3 mil and if they do, i don't see MG matching.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Ziostilon

i've done the research

Bieksa has only missed 11 games from the past two season excluding his two fluke injuries.

could he have had other injuries had he not missed games due to the two fluke lacerations. Sure. but i cannot legitimately throw out random assumptions like that

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Volek View Post
I watched or was at 80 of the 82 games this year. Unless he cured cancer in the two games I missed, you trade him for Bieksa 105 times out of 100.
okay but Comeau found himself last year, and Bieksa was half the player he used to be. I agree with Kevin, Blake would be Bertuzzi 2.0 on that team

Old
07-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Finnish Your Czechs

I'm so sick of the "injury prone" label Bieksa has got from other fanbases.

These injuries were freak accidents. Both injuries were calf lacerations caused by opposing players skate blades. We're not talking about a wonky back, trick hip, bad knee or a glass shoulder, these are freak accident injuries.

Bieksa is not injury prone. Just had an incredibly rare injury that amazingly happened twice.

Finnish Your Czechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCiarniello View Post
I'm so sick of the "injury prone" label Bieksa has got from other fanbases.

These injuries were freak accidents. Both injuries were calf lacerations caused by opposing players skate blades. We're not talking about a wonky back, trick hip, bad knee or a glass shoulder, these are freak accident injuries.

Bieksa is not injury prone. Just had an incredibly rare injury that amazingly happened twice.
That may be true but it has affected his confidence on ice, he is not the same player he was when I watch him

Old
07-03-2010, 09:14 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Not sure the Isles do it
Personally...i like Martin a bit too much to do this.

Id pass .