23 Free Agent Invites
- college class is the class just completed
- building off previous info. posted
- This is based on Langway's and my work to figure out who some of these guys are (mistakes happen)
- Link with name is to hockeydb profile in most cases; link with school/league team is their team profile when available
- Some players could switch groups; it's happened before...in particular with the goalies and sometimes due to injuries, etc.
- I think I have these guys split by group correctly, please let me know if you see any incorrect info.; thanks
*Boudreau also liked what he saw from Evgeny Kuznetsov, the team's first round pick last month.
"He looked like he was in great shape," Boudreau said. "It's not very often that you get an 18-year-old Russian coming here and you're telling him the drills and he explaining them other guys. His English, he was understanding it that well, he was explaining it to [Dmitry] Orlov, who doesn't understand English that well."
Views from Day 1:
- For the most part, you can tell which players have been to Caps camp before and which ones haven't when it comes to the Herbies; some guys in Group B were hurting
- Not a big fan of commenting after 1 day of skating. On Eakin, not disagreeing with the comments, but it is of note that he was skating with the Bears as recently as mid-June.
- In terms of the NCAA draft pick prospects, Burke and Wey often catch my eye in a positive way; I'm going to try to keep an eye on them later in the week.
- Thanks to poster LadyIce for helping with some of the Group FA id's
- Some other stuff already posted earlier
Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-12-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Is Johansson playing center...or LW? You're killing me with your combos. Order!!! (lw - c - rw)
They were pretty much switching off throughout. They don't exactly line everyone up and announce lineup cards before they start their drills. Even during drills, you often can't tell who is playing what on a line because of the various style of drill (2v2, 2 on 0, 1v1, variations upon over and over again.)
Good to read this: "Finley went to Minneapolis to do rehabilitation and conditioning work with innovative Caps sports physiology maven Jack Blatherwick."
"The hulking defenseman, playing for the ECHL’s South Carolina Stingrays last Nov. 21, crosschecked a foe and suffered a ruptured aneurysm of the ulnar artery, the main artery of the forearm....Finley, 23, said doctors told him they’ve never seen the injury in hockey before. It’s typically suffered by older people installing storm windows."
also, "Goalie Braden Holtby had Lasik eye surgery after Hershey’s season ended and is playing without contact lenses for the first time."
Very happy to read what I saw about Finley given my rant earlier. We'll see still. Why I have issues with BB's coaching I think the guy has a knack for talent evaluation. And if he's seen improvement in 1 yr even with injury then great. Do it in Hershey big guy.