HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min/Bos/Tor

Old
07-04-2010, 12:39 AM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE0 View Post
I wouldn't do it for the Leafs.

Leafs have all the leverage with Boston, Toronto is the only team they can trade Savard to.

I wouldn't even give up Gunnarson for Savard straight up, nevermind having to take on Ryder.

They keep Savard, fine. Whatever, who cares.
I could not agree more with you.

I don't want and aging center coming off a major concussion. Its really a salary dump from Boston as they are up against the cap, and Savard's contract has 7 years left. They are trying to make room to sign Seguin in a few years.

No thanks from Toronto! We are not wasting our cap space on him.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
I could not agree more with you.

I don't want and aging center coming off a major concussion. Its really a salary dump from Boston as they are up against the cap, and Savard's contract has 7 years left. They are trying to make room to sign Seguin in a few years.

No thanks from Toronto! We are not wasting our cap space on him.
Too many people think Savard is worthless, which I don't understand. I wouldn't pay huge, but I'd give Gunnarson in a heartbeat. He'll max out in his development as a poor man's Toni Lydman, and Savard could pay off big time. He stays healthy for a few years, and he could have amazing seasons with Kessel, maybe push Kessel to 50. I wouldn't soft-sell that.

Besides, Burke's trying to rush this rebuild. So you might as well grab an older player or two, like Savard. Even with him, this would still be one of the three or four youngest teams in the league. I don't agree with the whole method, would rather have done this through the draft, but Burke's all-in now so what the hell. Go for it.

DeathToAllButMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
Too many people think Savard is worthless, which I don't understand. I wouldn't pay huge, but I'd give Gunnarson in a heartbeat. He'll max out in his development as a poor man's Toni Lydman, and Savard could pay off big time. He stays healthy for a few years, and he could have amazing seasons with Kessel, maybe push Kessel to 50. I wouldn't soft-sell that.

Besides, Burke's trying to rush this rebuild. So you might as well grab an older player or two, like Savard. Even with him, this would still be one of the three or four youngest teams in the league. I don't agree with the whole method, would rather have done this through the draft, but Burke's all-in now so what the hell. Go for it.
finally a leaf fan who can be reasonable

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Zeroknowledge*

I don't see Boston getting rid of a top 5 pick for a D with major injury issues.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 01:50 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
There's no way that team goes on the ice together either... hello 60mil+ salary cap (unless you get rid of 2 defenders or your captain).
I realize that I am simply going by what the OP's proposal would have us lookig like

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote