HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia-Anaheim (Not Ryan)

Old
07-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I guess you forgot to take your vitamins. I will quote original poster so it will be easier for you to follow. I do not think it will help in your case but I am willing to help.
Start reading from that point and maybe you will comprehend OP point. Keep reading
I didn't reply to the original poster (which makes repeating his post rather needless), but to your post. In which you stated:

Quote:
Ha.. Ducks fans.. No Pronger and no Scotty. We'll see a difference of opinion as soon as we are 20 games into next season.

But right now.. Of course Sbisa is a much better player then 25min per game Carle.
My interpretation of the bolded part was that you'd expect Ducks fans, then realizing the lack of Pronger and Niedermayer all of a sudden, would change their opinion 20 games into next season and wish they could take the proposed deal. Since you seemingly have had your vitamins, you could educate me how that interpretation of your post was not coherent...

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Carle is so good that he is offered in every Flyers proposal to display his worth. That or he's just the most expendable cog in that defensive core for the money he makes.

The lack of logic in this proposal really is astonishing though. Sbisa was a key piece, probably THE key piece in the Pronger trade, and you think Murray would send him back for a player that's bounced around several teams in the last 3-4 years? Why? Why would Murray help the Flyers get out of cap trouble? Why would Murray take the short end of the stick to help the Flyers out of cap trouble?

It's certainly very benefitial from a Flyers standpoint, but it takes two teams to make a trade.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:33 PM
jb**

The Sbisa love is funny. Wouldnt be shocked at all if he never soldifies a spot ona regular basis in th enhl.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
The Sbisa love is funny. Wouldnt be shocked at all if he never soldifies a spot ona regular basis in th enhl.
He will replace Niedermayer. Carle sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
you could educate me how that interpretation of your post was not coherent...
Hmm.. because your D sucks balls with out Niedermayer. Hell, it sucked when Niedermayer was still playing last year. Eminger? Whitton? lol

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:36 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Prospects>established NHL players

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:38 PM
jb**

Quote:
Sbisa in no way shape or form will replace Neidermeyer. If you want to say he may take his roster spot then maybe. I bet he doesnt even play a full year in the nhl this upcoming season. He isnt as good as soooooo many make him out to be. He maybe one day, certainly not now.

Old
07-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Sure, if that's what you want to take away from fans of the opposing team not liking the trade you proposed, so be it. Just ignore the actual arguments that have been brought up.

Old
07-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Sbisa in no way shape or form will replace Neidermeyer. If you want to say he may take his roster spot then maybe. I bet he doesnt even play a full year in the nhl this upcoming season. He isnt as good as soooooo many make him out to be. He maybe one day, certainly not now.
I should of used sarcasm.

Old
07-03-2010, 07:41 PM
jb**

Quote:
I should of used sarcasm.
a little slow today i seem to be.

Old
07-03-2010, 07:43 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Sure, if that's what you want to take away from fans of the opposing team not liking the trade you proposed, so be it. Just ignore the actual arguments that have been brought up.
My point is, Sbisa is not as highly heralded now as he was when you guys acquired him, no? He was coming off making the Flyers out of camp and playing 30 minutes a night in the WHL. I'm a fan of his, and was hoping to get him back. Figuring that you have a solid pipeline of defensemen prospects and a lack of quality NHLers, I figured you could use a trade-off for a proven commodity.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Hmm.. because your D sucks balls with out Niedermayer. Hell, it sucked when Niedermayer was still playing last year. Eminger? Whitton? lol
While I have no clue who Whitton is, I do very well know our defense sucked last season, and that it's likely not going to look any better without Niedermayer. Does that mean the Ducks should trade their best prospects for any established NHL defenseman?

Carle doesn't suck, but he doesn't provide more to our defensive rebuild than Sbisa given the type of defenseman we have coming up.

Last edited by Vipers31: 07-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old
07-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
My point is, Sbisa is not as highly heralded now as he was when you guys acquired him, no? He was coming off making the Flyers out of camp and playing 30 minutes a night in the WHL. I'm a fan of his, and was hoping to get him back. Figuring that you have a solid pipeline of defensemen prospects and a lack of quality NHLers, I figured you could use a trade-off for a proven commodity.
he is still regarded as Anaheims number one prospect in almost every Ducks fans eyes, and we wouldnt be interested in trading him for Carle. Are we overvaluing him? Probably, but doesnt mean this trade makes sense for Anaheim. We need a top 4 guy, not someone whos ass was carried by Pronger (also see Ryan Whitney)

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Chelle

This prospal is very bad. Ducks would never do it.

Try again, it cant get any worse.

Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
My point is, Sbisa is not as highly heralded now as he was when you guys acquired him, no?
I would say quite the opposite. The Ducks have traditionally taken a more patient approach with all their prospects giving them more time in juniors, so Sbisa getting sent back was nothing but the expected. The very good impression he left at the Olympics on the other hand adds to the hopes that the big minutes he got playing juniors have had the hoped for effects to his development.

Quote:
I'm a fan of his, and was hoping to get him back. Figuring that you have a solid pipeline of defensemen prospects and a lack of quality NHLers, I figured you could use a trade-off for a proven commodity.
I can't blame you for wanting him back, obviously, but the Ducks are still very high on him for all we know. A trade of one of the Ducks' defensive prospects for a proven commodity isn't unthinkable, but there is just not much of a chance this would involve Sbisa at this point in time...

Old
07-03-2010, 07:51 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
You mean a defense gets worse when hall of fame players leave?

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Edmonton is stupid to keep that uproven Taylor Hall, then. They should deal him to us for proven top-six forward Jason Blake! See how that sort of thing sounds?

Quote:
I'd say he's easily as heralded. He's coming off a very impressive performance in the Olympics of all places. He also had a great year all around. Just because he didn't crack the Ducks(he probably would have if he could've been sent down, but he couldn't, so the Ducks chose to send him to junior) as a 19 year old doesn't mean a thing. Idiot logic like that is why the majority of HF thought Bobby Ryan was a bust when every Duck fan knew better. Sbisa will be quite fine, and he'll grow into a very good defenseman in time. Maybe he'll be ready this year, maybe he'll need some time in the AHL and on the bottom pairing(a la the entire RPG line). But he definitely projects to be much better than Matt Carle.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 07:57 PM
WhatThehEcKLUND

Ducks should do this!!

WhatThehEcKLUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:15 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Higher, IMO.

He was great in the Olympics. Ducks officials have talked a few times through the year on how much they think of him.

Here's a quote from an article:
Quote:
Switzerland's men's hockey team has been eliminated from the Olympic tournament, but its players' performances have not been forgotten.

Defenseman Luca Sbisa, who was acquired by the Ducks last summer in the Chris Pronger trade and is playing junior hockey with Portland of the Western Hockey League, and goaltender Jonas Hiller earned widespread praise for their performances.
Advertisement

Perhaps the most important praise came from Ducks General Manager Bob Murray, who made the difficult but sensible decision to send Sbisa back to the junior level early this season.

Sbisa, who turned 20 a few weeks ago, suffered a broken and badly cut finger when he blocked a shot in the first period of Switzerland's 2-0 loss to the U.S. on Wednesday. But he insisted on returning in the second period and finished the game, the kind of determination that coaches and general managers love to see.

"For such a young player he played very well. He didn't look out of place at all," Murray said Thursday. "I also thought he showed great heart and determination playing with his injury yesterday. He had a great tournament."

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:21 PM
mypunkrock

I've said it before.

Coburn for Sbisa is a better deal for both teams.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
I've said it before.

Coburn for Sbisa is a better deal for both teams.
Not really.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
While I have no clue who Whitton is, I do very well know our defense sucked last season, and that it's likely not going to look any better without Niedermayer. Does that mean the Ducks should trade their best prospects for any established NHL defenseman?

Carle doesn't suck, but he doesn't provide more to our defensive rebuild than Sbisa given the type of defenseman we have coming up.
Whitney.

No one said Sbisa sucked and what is wrong with trading a prospect for 25 old d-men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Higher, IMO.

He was great in the Olympics. Ducks officials have talked a few times through the year on how much they think of him.

Here's a quote from an article:
So what does it prove? He did not score, he was there and he was playing. Got injured but came back.. Ducks officials talked about him? As they should, he is Ducks property.

Most of you did not even see him in WHL last season and 99% of you probably read about him on HF boards. He is solid all around prospect. Decent.

He is for sure not number 1, 2 talent. I doubt he has enough to be #3 but who knows there is a possibility.

Old
07-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
He is for sure not number 1, 2 talent. I doubt he has enough to be #3 but who knows there is a possibility.
There are a lot of very knowledgeable people who would disagree with this. He definitely has top pairing potential. Whether he reaches it or not is another story but the Ducks would rather gamble on him panning out over trading him for Matt Carle.

Last edited by Paul4587: 07-05-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 11:26 PM
defer*

Why is carle in every flyers proposal? if he was that good you would not want to trade him. and if he is awesome and you only want to trade him because of ur ****** cap situation in 3 years...guess what...thats not the ducks' problem.

Sbisa is held very high in most ducks fans minds including mine.

I went to the boston, flyers, rangers games at the start of the season last year. and while he was not a stud or anything, he was solid and has potential considering he is only 20 years old.

and played EXTREMELY well on the highest stage(Olympics) this year as well.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
He is easily as highly regarded as he was when we acquired him. Going into the year we had Nieds, Wiz, and Whitney so best case he was gonna be a #4 but likely would end up on the bottom pairing and maybe benched from time to time. Our GM decided that rather then risk him having to sit in the Pro's or not get enough ice time it was better for his development to be in Juniors getting 25-30 minutes a night. If he had been AHL eligible there is no doubt he would have started and spent most if not all the year with the big club.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
Why is carle in every flyers proposal? if he was that good you would not want to trade him. and if he is awesome and you only want to trade him because of ur ****** cap situation in 3 years...guess what...thats not the ducks' problem.

Sbisa is held very high in most ducks fans minds including mine.

I went to the boston, flyers, rangers games at the start of the season last year. and while he was not a stud or anything, he was solid and has potential considering he is only 20 years old.

and played EXTREMELY well on the highest stage(Olympics) this year as well.
He's in every proposal because the Flyers just acquired Meszaros, re-signed Coburn, and Timonen/Pronger are too valuable to trade. There's too much money tied up in the defense there, it just makes the most sense.

Also, Flyers fans don't want fan-favourite Gagne to be traded for cap relief.

It's not that he sucks, he just makes the most sense to balance out the money between forwards and defense.

In Paul Holmgren's reality, however, decimating forward depth to have an overpaid, yet stacked, defense will prevent Carle from being traded. So don't worry.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote