HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings going after Lecavalier

Old
07-04-2010, 07:14 PM
jamz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Apparently Vinny was actually traded to Montreal at one point but the deal was blocked by the league because the Lightning owners were trying to sell.
No the league stopped Frolov from being traded to Mtl for Yanick Weber and Matt Dagostini or something like that as per Patrick Caisse

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Idon't know why they would trade for a dude making 10mil the next 5 years but declined to sign Kovy who would have made like 9 with them.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Staalguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Idon't know why they would trade for a dude making 10mil the next 5 years but declined to sign Kovy who would have made like 9 with them.
VL4 makes 10 mil but only 7.7 against the cap

Staalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Dylonus

Uhhh....

They are going to need to lock up Doughty and J Johnson.

Where the hell is there room for a center that they don't even need

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Rschmitz

LA needs offense, and Lecavalier would be a great addition. But his contract is going to scare people away of course.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 50
Some of you need to stop discussing this like it's real.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:34 PM
SFKingshomer

This only makes sense if Lombardi dumps Stoll and another salary on TB.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
"from a source...The Kings are now strongly considering a trade for Lecavalier."

What kind of news is that ????????????

I strongly consider to go on a date with Sandra Bullock.............. don't know what she thinks.
doest it mean something ????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:35 PM
JMFJ 3

Nice speculation by Eklund, we don't need an overpaid center. Contrary to what some people might say, Vinny's contract is brutal. We already have Kopitar at 6.8M...

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 07:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalguy View Post
I actaully heard that he was going to LA a few years ago too............. What do you think the lightning can get from LA if they were trade VL4......... i would have to think Jack Johnson
I don't think the Kings would be sending an affordable up and coming defenseman to TB for that contract. I really don't see the need for Vinny in LA. This rumor was floated last summer and it wasn't true.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

This has legs in both Tampa and LA... surprisingly.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Afino
The Juice

Damn, they have Malkin AND Vinny!

Oh wait, they don't have them both?

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Gulvorn

Jackets have cap space. Rumor is they are putting down 9M for Kovalchuk. You heard it here first.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Didn't Yzerman tell Vinny he was not going to be traded?
Sure sounds that way to me...

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jun...rts-lightning/

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
There's actually some substance to this according to a few people in the Tampa Bay media but I seriously doubt it happens.
Who would that be? I've heard nothing and I haven't seen anything in the local print media.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Crown Royal

The Kings are looking at trading for a center? Thats like going to the super market for milk and coming back with dish soap! Centers aren't even on the shopping list, just Left Wings and perhaps a D-man.

Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:38 PM
javier

If Lecavalier played up to his top form then his contract isn't really an issue. The problem is that he hasn't shown that form for a couple of years now. This would be an insanely risky trade for the Kings without even considering what they would have to give up.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 08:40 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
The Kings are looking at trading for a center? Thats like going to the super market for milk and coming back with dish soap! Centers aren't even on the shopping list, just Left Wings and perhaps a D-man.
really? who told you that?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 09:28 PM
HookKing

Please not again this year. VL is not coming to LA, his contract makes him untradeable. TB would have to pay a team to take him.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 09:34 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFrisco View Post
No, if Eklund were a travel agent he would sell you a flight ticket to NY but once you went to check-in you'd learn that there are no flights to NY. THen you'd learn that the airport you're standing in isn't even an airport but rather, a figment of your imagination.
hahahahahahahaha

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Every time an Eklund thread pops up a bunch of stupid (seemingly) children come out and bash whatever the proposal is. It would be nice for once to discuss the possibility as we do most of the other trade rumor threads. There are some seriously immature people on HFB.

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 10:30 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Every time an Eklund thread pops up a bunch of stupid (seemingly) children come out and bash whatever the proposal is. It would be nice for once to discuss the possibility as we do most of the other trade rumor threads. There are some seriously immature people on HFB.
I don't think Vinny is a good fit in LA. They all ready have a young number 1 center and a possible good 2nd line shut down center (Schenn). I would think LA would be going hard for a front line winger. It would have made more sense to me if they said they were going after Bobby Ryan or Simon Gagne.

Unless of course they are moving Schenn in the deal for Vinny.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Osprey

It seems that most here don't realize that Lecavalier has popped up regarding the Kings many times in the last few years. This shouldn't be at all surprising. Out of all of the players in the league, a handful seem to come up frequently, giving the impression that Lombardi and company are very high on them. Hartnell and Gagne are two; Lecavalier is another. Even though it may not make the most sense, you have to think that there's something to it when you hear it so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielaV2 View Post
I'm sure the Kings are walking away from Kovy because he wanted too much money for too many years. Why would they then acquire an older player with an almost $8 million a year cap hit for the next 10 years? Yeah, makes tons of sense.
His cap hit is $7.7M for the next 9 years. That's not much different than the $8M per for 8 years that it's rumored that Lombardi offered Kovalchuk. So, in light of that, it's not quite as outrageous as it's made to sound. Lombardi would just be giving to Lecavalier the money that he was willing to give to Kovalchuk. Also, Vinnie is still a very good player, almost a point-per-game player, who could easily rebound with a better overall team. True, the Kings don't need a center as good as him when they have Kopitar, but Lombardi understands that being strong down the middle is important, since strong centers make their wingers better and win championships. So, it doesn't really surprise me that Lombardi is interested in Lecavalier.

That said, it doesn't mean that Yzerman will trade Vinnie. It just means that Lombardi will find out if he's available. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Yzerman, a center, also understands the importantance of strong centers, though you never know if pressure from the owners to reduce payroll will trump what the rookie GM prefers.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
I don't think Vinny is a good fit in LA. They all ready have a young number 1 center and a possible good 2nd line shut down center (Schenn). I would think LA would be going hard for a front line winger. It would have made more sense to me if they said they were going after Bobby Ryan or Simon Gagne.

Unless of course they are moving Schenn in the deal for Vinny.
If LA was moving Schenn, it would make sense to make it a 3-way deal with Gomez going to Tampa, Schenn going to Montreal and Lecavalier going to LA.

I could see Montreal throwing in a 1st and AK to make it happen, so it would be a win, win and win.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 11:09 PM
TOML

Whoever throws down $10mil for 10 years of Kovy is getting ripped, period. But if they win the cup, who cares, right? I think it comes down to Kovy not being the guy to guarantee LA a cup...

At least Vinny has won a cup, but there's a contract that was immediately regretable by TB when it was done. Not sure why LA would want to pick that up if they didn't want to spend on Kovy.

I can see them being in on Gagne instead. Makes way more sense, since they'll be rid of him after a season and will be able to keep a lot of their other guys the season after.

But why do Philly a favour?

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote