HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings going after Lecavalier

Old
07-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
though you never know if pressure from the owners to reduce payroll will trump what the rookie GM prefers.
Source?

Our new owner (just one owner, not two or more owners) has said the team won't be shackled by financial constraints. There's a budget which the GM is very comfortable with and he has said the owner has indicated he will be willing to go over that budget if a player comes along that will help the team. There's been zero word around here about lowering payroll, so I'd be very interested to know where this is coming from.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Source?

Our new owner has said the team won't be shackled by financial constraints. There's a budget which the GM is very comfortable with and he has said the owner has indicated he will be willing to go over that budget if a player comes along that will help the team. There's been zero word around here about lowering payroll, so I'd be brty interested to know where this is coming from.
You misread me, but I can see how that could be. In hindsight, it was poor sentence structure on my part. The "if" in my sentence meant "if there's pressure...," not "if the pressure that is there...." I wasn't making any claims about the Lightning, just speculating that the new owner might want to get out from under that particular contract. Sorry for the confusion.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Every time an Eklund thread pops up a bunch of stupid (seemingly) children come out and bash whatever the proposal is. It would be nice for once to discuss the possibility as we do most of the other trade rumor threads. There are some seriously immature people on HFB.
This is because his "predictions" are so outlandish and idiotic in some cases people have become irritated the guy is still allowed to make the claims he does. I mean this is the same man who actually made the suggestion Brodeur may be moved. His creditability is fallen so fair into the negatives, you would require inventing a new numerical system just to discover it.

Anyhow, the trade itself as usual, makes absolutely no sense for LA. They are solid enough at center and the assets necessary to acquire Vinny would not be worth his contract. This would have been something of intrigue had Eklund said MSL was on the move in a sign and trade deal. We all know it would never happen however at least there would be something there.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:57 AM
pdxshark
@jmbradd

Seems to me lombardi wants a premiere goal scorer. Negotiations with Kovalchuck were not as planned so maybe he's kicking the tires on vinny to a) see what it would take to get a goal scoring stanley cup champion with a completely reasonable cap hit and b) gain leverage in Kovalchuck negotiations.

pdxshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 04:07 AM
Claypool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxshark View Post
Seems to me lombardi wants a premiere goal scorer.
Then he wouldn't be after Lecavalier.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:19 AM
justsayin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Please don't link his site, this is the same guy that said Semin would be traded for Brodeur straight up. If this wasn't the 21st century Eklund would have been executed by the state or locked up in an insane asylum many years ago.
huh?

justsayin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 07:14 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
Then he wouldn't be after Lecavalier.
You're right that Rocket Richard means nothing.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Canadian Game

I think everytime Eklund posts a rumour, everyone should reply to his Twitter with "@Eklund Source?". Maybe after a while he will back down with these dumbfounded rumours.

Canadian Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:46 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I prefer more entertaining rumors like "Lucky Luc has bought a new pair of skates. Coming out of retirement?"

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxshark View Post
Seems to me lombardi wants a premiere goal scorer.
The one he passed on last summer?

The only thing Lombardi seems to want to do is trade assets for overrated, overpaid former Flyers, Sharks or Oilers. Trading for Lecavalier makes no sense, for one he would cost a ton even if TB moves him, and also it just adds to an area of strength with the Kings, the team has gaping holes on the wing at both the NHL and development level so now they are going to try and trade for a center with a massive cap hit for the next 8 seasons?

I have no idea what the hell is going on, I am not advocating giving Kovalchuk 100 mill, that makes no sense, but the Kings situation on the wing is an absolute joke for a team that people are talking about is ready to take the next step.

People can talk about being fiscally responsible or whatever but the Kings have almost $14 million tied up next season in Ryan Smyth, Jarret Stoll and Justin Williams. Why not just add Lecavalier and make it 22 million for those four guys or Gagne and 20 million. Nice to see Lombarid is in the business of taking other teams awful contracs off their caps, well done.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Makes no sense for either side.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Only way it makes sense to me is if it's Stoll, Williams, a 1st and choice of Hickey or Moller for Vinny and a prospect. Only way it comes close to matching up salary wise.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Staalguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Only way it makes sense to me is if it's Stoll, Williams, a 1st and choice of Hickey or Moller for Vinny and a prospect. Only way it comes close to matching up salary wise.
oddly enough that is pretty close.............proboly another player from you because willams is a dump

Staalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:06 AM
The Velvet Hammer

dummmmb da dumb dumb duuummmmmmmb

also, Water wet, grass green, and every player in the nhl may or may not be traded this month,(E5)

The Velvet Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalguy View Post
oddly enough that is pretty close.............proboly another player from you because willams is a dump
The Kings don't really have anyone else to include. Those are our tradable assets, and everyone else is needed.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Staalguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The Kings don't really have anyone else to include. Those are our tradable assets, and everyone else is needed.
ya......this trade would need a miracle to happen

Staalguy is offline   Reply With Quote