HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you give for Gagne?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2010, 12:24 PM
  #51
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Now that Gagne is apparently out of the picture, i'm preparing for the worst. Parse/Richardson on the 2nd line, and 2 rookie D-Men.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:28 PM
  #52
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,411
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Now that Gagne is apparently out of the picture, i'm preparing for the worst. Parse/Richardson on the 2nd line, and 2 rookie D-Men.
Be prepared to miss the playoffs. But we will have plenty of free cap space to not sign anybody.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:30 PM
  #53
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Be prepared to miss the playoffs. But we will have plenty of free cap space to not sign anybody.
lol.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
  #54
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Be prepared to miss the playoffs. But we will have plenty of free cap space to not sign anybody.
Exactly my point.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:50 PM
  #55
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,210
vCash: 500
If this team misses the playoffs next year it will have nothing to do with the roster Lombardi put together. Unless you really think the young players coming in can't make up for Frolov's spectacular 19 goals, everything else is pretty much the same.

As for Gagne: Moller, Martinez, and a 2nd

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:56 PM
  #56
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
If this team misses the playoffs next year it will have nothing to do with the roster Lombardi put together. Unless you really think the young players coming in can't make up for Frolov's spectacular 19 goals, everything else is pretty much the same.

As for Gagne: Moller, Martinez, and a 2nd
Sure 19 goals is replaceable. But a D of........

Doughty-Scuds
Johnson-young player
Greene-young player
Drewiske

Won't get it done.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
  #57
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Dean just said that LA is not interested in Gagne.

/ thread closed
Hallejuah. Guess the Flyers wanted our goalies and Dean said F off. Rightfully so.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 12:58 PM
  #58
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Be prepared to miss the playoffs. But we will have plenty of free cap space to not sign anybody.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 01:10 PM
  #59
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Sure 19 goals is replaceable. But a D of........

Doughty-Scuds
Johnson-young player
Greene-young player
Drewiske

Won't get it done.
Still plenty of time.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 01:25 PM
  #60
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,411
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Still plenty of time.
Like Ecklund said after Kovalchuk signs other NHL teams will begin to trade. My problem with trades is it will cost the Kings assets. Kariya and Poni are still viable LWers who fit into the system as well as Zherdev. I think Kariya would be able to get back to the 70 point range with Kopitar but Poni and Zherdev are lateral replacements of Frolov. Braydon Schenn reamins the wild card.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:10 PM
  #61
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Like Ecklund said after Kovalchuk signs other NHL teams will begin to trade. My problem with trades is it will cost the Kings assets. Kariya and Poni are still viable LWers who fit into the system as well as Zherdev. I think Kariya would be able to get back to the 70 point range with Kopitar but Poni and Zherdev are lateral replacements of Frolov. Braydon Schenn reamins the wild card.
If we had a bare cupboard but were trying to compete, like Minnesota or New Jersey, I might be more concerned, but as it stands we have an abundance of young players. The problem now is figuring out which of our prospects are the ones to keep, but at least we have that depth. We can afford to trade away a few prospects from the back end, a goalie prospect, and a couple centers and we'll still be OK.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:13 PM
  #62
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
. We can afford to trade away a few prospects from the back end, a goalie prospect, and a couple centers and we'll still be OK.
Exactly. I don't know why people are so ****ing freaked out.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
  #63
butthead666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Like Ecklund said after Kovalchuk signs other NHL teams will begin to trade. My problem with trades is it will cost the Kings assets. Kariya and Poni are still viable LWers who fit into the system as well as Zherdev. I think Kariya would be able to get back to the 70 point range with Kopitar but Poni and Zherdev are lateral replacements of Frolov. Braydon Schenn reamins the wild card.
Lombardi will not touch any of these guys-they all have "character" issues

butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:21 PM
  #64
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Exactly. I don't know why people are so ****ing freaked out.
Because it's gonna take the best of the group to get a top 6 forward(unless they have a terrible contract) or top 4 D-Man.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:28 PM
  #65
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead666 View Post
Lombardi will not touch any of these guys-they all have "character" issues

I get Zherdev, but what character issues do Poni and Kariya have?

I doubt Kariya comes. I think him and Teemu will reunite again somewhere, and I think it''ll be Anaheim if they have even the remotest amount of interest.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:30 PM
  #66
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Because it's gonna take the best of the group to get a top 6 forward(unless they have a terrible contract) or top 4 D-Man.

Which is exactly why I sugested Gagne. COuld come cheap and has a 1-year contract.

Also, why is everyone freaking about a crappy UFA crop next year? We aren't going to get anyone now that it looks liek Kovalchuk is going to NJ, so what's the difference if we trade for Gagne or not? either way, we'll need a replacement in a year.

This way we at least have a season to find one while having a deent player on the wing (barring injury).

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:33 PM
  #67
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Which is exactly why I sugested Gagne. COuld come cheap and has a 1-year contract.
Cheap? No, Gagne does not come cheap. Which is why we probably said no to the Flyers right off the bat.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:35 PM
  #68
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I get Zherdev, but what character issues do Poni and Kariya have?

I doubt Kariya comes. I think him and Teemu will reunite again somewhere, and I think it''ll be Anaheim if they have even the remotest amount of interest.
Good idea. Sign Teemu and Kariya.


Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 02:46 PM
  #69
AStammer7*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Yekes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Now that Gagne is apparently out of the picture, i'm preparing for the worst. Parse/Richardson on the 2nd line, and 2 rookie D-Men.
The two rookies on defense (probably Fransson and either Voynov or Teubert) I'm thinking would be OK. As for PArse and Richardson being on the second line...that would be horrible! Kings should've resigned Frolov or bloody well have signed Kovie(probably wasn't a bad move)!

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
  #70
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Teubert has no shot at playing for the Kings. He has to get to Manchester first.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:38 PM
  #71
Kingsfan1
Registered User
 
Kingsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Staples Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
Incidentally, something I neglected to mention in the previous post is that according to a team source, the Kings no longer consider themselves in the market for Philadelphia’s Simon Gagne. So everything is right…back…to…square one.


Per Hammond

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
  #72
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
As much as Gagne has had a great career, hes a major injury liability....


IM starting to think DL is just a bargain shopper...He loves those players who had good seasons but are always inured because they cost much less....

However, he can turn as say to us " We got a great del and underpaid....look he had 2 30 goal seasons that we think he will go back to"

Pure Garbage....

You get what you pay for....High quality items are rarely on sale and im sick of this crap every year....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 05:58 PM
  #73
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
As much as Gagne has had a great career, hes a major injury liability....


IM starting to think DL is just a bargain shopper...He loves those players who had good seasons but are always inured because they cost much less....

However, he can turn as say to us " We got a great del and underpaid....look he had 2 30 goal seasons that we think he will go back to"

Pure Garbage....

You get what you pay for....High quality items are rarely on sale and im sick of this crap every year....
Right there with you man...

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 07:29 PM
  #74
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Now that Gagne is apparently out of the picture, i'm preparing for the worst. Parse/Richardson on the 2nd line, and 2 rookie D-Men.
and by "preparing", you mean you will complain about it for the next 3 months

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 07:50 PM
  #75
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
and by "preparing", you mean you will complain about it for the next 3 months
No. I mean sitting and waiting for a few moves in the next few weeks, then getting ready for football season. And returning to the board regularly in september.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.