HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Players who filed for Salary Arbitration

Old
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
sillygoose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Apparently they tried to Boston because the Bruins want him and Krejci together...
that sounds like boston tried :/

sillygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
which players are these?
Well... The two guys they just picked with their top two picks in the draft are cheap scoring players. They can step in, within a year or two.

Marcus Johansson should be a stud this season.

Throw in cheaper contracts out of other players on entry level deals, and they should be alright.

Fleischmann is an ok player, but it isn't like he can't be replaced. A lot of players could get 20-25 goals playing on the Caps top two lines.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:03 PM
forty47seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
this will be interesting.

compare him to the recent signings.... I doubt he will get anywhere near 3... if so... go and get Theo for 1.5 or talk to Turco

I see him at 2.1-2.2
I will be interesting to see what Halak signs for in St. Louis. I'm sure Niemi's agent will try to use it as leverage at the arbitration table.

forty47seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Bobby Smash

wiz thinks he's worth more than he actually is.

Bobby Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:37 PM
ronthecivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
And Versteeg was more expensive when he signed as the Hawks brass filed incorrectly then had to pay more when he technically became a UFA...

But again Raymond should be right around $3 mil on a 2 or 3 year deal. It's not magic.
If Raymond looks like he is coming in at 3 million a year I would seriously look at offloading him. That's versteeg money. I know which player I would much rather have.

Heck, I would rather play one of the kids and keep five 3 million dollar dmen then pay Raymond three large plus......

ronthecivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:51 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
If Raymond looks like he is coming in at 3 million a year I would seriously look at offloading him. That's versteeg money. I know which player I would much rather have.

Heck, I would rather play one of the kids and keep five 3 million dollar dmen then pay Raymond three large plus......
3 million for 1 year for Raymond is fine as he will be a RFA again next season and we can afford that 3 million hit. The chemistry he showed with Kesler last year makes him worth 3 million plus odds are he will get even better (look at the improvements he made last summer). Raymond is someone you want to keep around and the Ballard trade more or less shows MG's commitment to keep Raymond, who like Versteeg is able to do many things. Not only can Raymond score, he can be a play maker, he can play the point on the PP (as he did for quite a bit last year), he can PK (2nd unit with Ryan Johnson).

For the math, if we get rid of Bieksa's contract, it instantly pays for Raymond and Bieksa's replacement (Rome makes 750k). The cap hit is exactly the same there. We have our top 6 figured out and ~2.5 mil to fill 2 wingers slots on the 3rd line. Not really much of an issue. All other slots are filled. The only remaining problem would be SOB's 1.6million contract in the press box (thats assuming he accepts his QO). We probably would need to deal him away but the fact that MG did give him a QO means MG think he deserves at least 1.6m and so there must be some type of market for him so it shouldn't be hard to dump him off if needed. After all SOB show some signs of being a top 4 dman when he kept his game simple and stayed out of the box. He was one of our best dmans when Bieksa, Willie, and Salo were all out at the same time (he actually stepped up and did great in a top 4 role... then he decided to get out of shape and play horrible for a while lol).

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
fat chance too that an mvp with 110 pts signs for 6.1 mil (as much as elias) or a 35 plus goal scorer signs for 2 mil....

Gillis will get it done.. Raymond will take 2.75 for 4 years or maybe closer to 3..either way he will be dirt cheap and will take less to stay in Vancouver
Neither player that you are referencing accomplished those things before they signed those contracts.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Degenerate191

Far from a surprise, hopefully it's under 3. He's barely worth it.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Tprowse0804

Is it just me or is arbitration ridiculous. These guys aren't making minimum wage. Why is the NHL not a free market? Was this instituted during the bob goodenow regime? If so, how on earth did that guy lose his job(despite other CBA issues. If a player was "worth" that money, then he would wait out signing until he received a qualifying offer from another team... And it would come. You are only worth what someone will pay you. This isn't the government! I love brule, but having a 37 point year after scoring 3 over the previous 2 seasons shouldn't put you in a position for anyone other than the team making the offer to determine what you are worth.

Does anyone know what the descrepency is between the oilers and brule?

Tprowse0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 08:03 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tprowse0804 View Post
Is it just me or is arbitration ridiculous. These guys aren't making minimum wage. Why is the NHL not a free market? Was this instituted during the bob goodenow regime? If so, how on earth did that guy lose his job(despite other CBA issues. If a player was "worth" that money, then he would wait out signing until he received a qualifying offer from another team... And it would come. You are only worth what someone will pay you. This isn't the government! I love brule, but having a 37 point year after scoring 3 over the previous 2 seasons shouldn't put you in a position for anyone other than the team making the offer to determine what you are worth.

Does anyone know what the descrepency is between the oilers and brule?
If you're an Oilers fan, you should be very, very thankful that the NHL isn't a free market.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 08:06 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tprowse0804 View Post
You're all over the place here. The right to arbitration was a part of the deals that these guys all signed; maybe they wouldn't have signed them if the option wasn't there?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 08:25 PM
GCM
Stork

Using Booth as a comparable to Raymond is like a Defenseman using Wade Redden as his starting comparable.

It's stupid. Luckily the lawyers involved aren't HFboards posters with ridiculous arguments.

Raymond will get in teh 2.5-3.3 range.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 08:39 PM
clownshoes

3.25 max and that's pushin it. Lydman at 3 makes wiz' look a dbag right now. Whatever , I still want him on the ducks butcmon dude....

clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

I would not pay more than 2.75 million for Wisniewski.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Dont see it anywhere but Peter Regin filed for arbitration

http://twitter.com/steve_lloyd

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:16 PM
seanlinden

Of the players listed as going to arbitration a couple could likely cause problems for their current teams...

James Wisniewski (ANA) - Anaheim is still pretty weak on the blueline and an award too big + Bobby Ryan could prevent them from filling out the rest of the blueline.

Blake Wheeler (BOS) - Nikolai Kulemin's $2.35 is certainly a floor for Wheeler's award, likely looking around $2.6-$2.8 which could cause major headaches for the B's with how tight they are to the cap.

Antti Niemi (CHI) - Wont cause as many problems as people think. Goaltenders have a pretty low precedent for dollars.

Mason Raymond (VAN) - Canucks are getting tight on cap space and 25/28 will certainly get him into the $3m range. They do have a couple of holes in the lineup to fill aswell.

Tomas Fleischmann (WAS), Eric Fehr (WAS) & Jeff Schultz (WAS)- Both over 20 goals (Fleisch in only 69 games) and could easily be looking at $6m combined. Washington has that kind of cap space, but also has basically no blueline or goaltending. Even with Schultz, they do still problably need one big addition.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Red

For the Canucks, two others filed for arbitration except for Raymond.

Quote:
Other Canuck RFAs who have filed for salary arbitration include forwards Tanner Glass and Jannik Hansen.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ra...#ixzz0srTyZTFE

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:38 PM
getzforfighting*

Send a message via MSN to getzforfighting*
james wishnewski, 50 bucks

getzforfighting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:48 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I wonder what Andrew Ladd is seeking. If it's just over $2M and the Hawks can't pay him, I'd hope the Leafs took a flyer on the guy via FA
FAIL

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Mason Raymond (VAN) - Canucks are getting tight on cap space and 25/28 will certainly get him into the $3m range. They do have a couple of holes in the lineup to fill aswell.
Canucks are NOT tight on cap space; they have a few fairly liquid contracts in the stable that can easily be moved for additional room. Bieksa will most likely be traded at some point (-$3.75 million), and Alberts (-1.1 million) and Hordichuk ($0.775 million) can easily be waived. Including existing room that's around $7 million to retain Raymond AND fill out two more forward slots.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 10:22 PM
GParros*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Oof. That's gonna cost well north of $3 million per; Cup winning goalies and all.
Filing for arbitration and going to arbitration are two separate things. He filed on the last day possible to keep his options open.

GParros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
PhoenyX

I don't care how weak our Ducks blueline is, if Wiz asks for more than $3.25 mil he can walk.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 12:09 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326702

They have listed 18 of 31 players

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 12:48 AM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

All 31 listed here..

http://communities.canada.com/thepro...bitration.aspx

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 02:49 AM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Not only did niemi win a cup but he had outstanding regular season stats as well. Wait until price signs for 4m+ and niemi's agent walks in with that comparable

Last edited by Teemu: 07-06-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: trolling
HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote