HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brayden Schenn

Old
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennerstheman View Post
To Edm:
Schenn
Teubert

To La:
Gagner
Cogliano
2nd in 2011

Fair?
No. Not from either team's perspective. Gagner is an important piece for the Oilers right now. To move him for a guy who might not be any better in the future is kind of ludicrous. Cogs and the 2nd is fair for Teubert I think, although I will admit I don't know a ton about him, so my valuaation may be waaaay off.

The only situation I can see Edmonton moving Gagner for is in a package for a young 1st line centre, like Jeff Carter or someone like that. Now if the Kings were looking to move Kopitar, then we can talk, but Lombardi isn't dumb enough to move his centrepiece.

Last edited by zeus3007*: 07-06-2010 at 03:48 PM.
zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 07:09 PM
markisonfire

Technically, since Schenn hasn't produced anything at the NHL, then even Raitis Ivanans is more valuable than him. I don't think it is a stretch at all to consider a 5th-overall pick having the ability to put up second line center points. That is what Brayden Schenn is projected to be able to do, and that is why the Kings drafted him. The Kings have faith in their scouting department. Penner's career high of 63 points isn't a crazy number to consider Schenn reaching. Matt Duchene hit 55 in his rookie season. Schenn has three years on an entry level contract to contribute a lot of points to the Kings. Schenn will be worth a lot when comparing points per salary or cap hit.

I think Penner is a good player. I think the Kings have a similar player in Ryan Smyth. Want a deal around Smyth and Penner? That would be closer in value, though Smyth clicked with Kopitar.

Would you trade MPS or Eberle for Smyth?

Also, I'm sure Cogliano brings a lot more than his 28 points showed last season. But I bet Loktionov could get 28 points in the NHL, too.

markisonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 07:44 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
We would end up giving to much.

But:

Penner + Cogliano + Peckham/Chorney

For

Williams + Schenn
Penner + Hemsky + Peckham

For

Smyth + Schenn

Although Smyth has an NMC, he may waive it to go back to EDM to be the captain to a young up and coming EDM team.

And this also makes more sense from the kings perspective as far as cap is concerned.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post

For

Smyth + Schenn

Although Smyth has an NMC, he may waive it to go back to EDM to be the captain to a young up and coming EDM team.

And this also makes more sense from the kings perspective as far as cap is concerned.
I hope we're also sending them lube, kinda rude otherwise.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
pennerstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post

For

Smyth + Schenn

Get real!

pennerstheman is offline   Reply With Quote