HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Rangers Bar in NYC

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2007, 04:05 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Best Rangers Bar in NYC

Can anyone tell me where to watch game 4 from? My buddy and I don't have tickets to the game but we still want to watch the game with a ton of Ranger fans. I saw the list of bars on the rangers site (http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/playoffs07/bars.asp) thanks to Dank, but I have no idea which ones are worth my time. Anyone else planning to head to the bars for game 4?

Old
04-17-2007, 04:09 PM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Can anyone tell me where to watch game 4 from? My buddy and I don't have tickets to the game but we still want to watch the game with a ton of Ranger fans. I saw the list of bars on the rangers site (http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/playoffs07/bars.asp) thanks to Dank, but I have no idea which ones are worth my time. Anyone else planning to head to the bars for game 4?
I'd go to stout it was supposedly nuts during game 1. Game 2 it was closed. (of course that's when I went, ended up at Harringtons right next to Mustang Harry's)

Old
04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Stout is on West 33rd in between 7th and 6th btw. Oh and yeah I would go there as well.

Old
04-18-2007, 03:21 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Stout.

Tons of TV's, great atmosphere, excellent burgers and about 900 different beers. And reasonable prices, too. I'm thinking about going there before the game.

Old
04-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Try Cafe 31 right across from the Garden. Good sized bar, great TV's and really good food also.

Old
04-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Fletch

Stout was a good place to be...

if you're going to the game, you'd need to get there around 5:30 or so to get a table. Food's decent bar food too (loved those wee burgers and thin crust pizza). Good beer selection, lots of TVs, and there were tons of rangers fans. They actually gave out t-shirts and towels before the game. It does clear out so I cannot tell you how many fans stayed to watch the game at the bar.

Old
04-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Try Cafe 31 right across from the Garden. Good sized bar, great TV's and really good food also.
I go there all the time. They renovated about a year ago and have some HD TV's. And agree with your opinion, the food is awesome.

Old
04-18-2007, 08:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Is the Auction House still around?

04-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I go there all the time. They renovated about a year ago and have some HD TV's. And agree with your opinion, the food is awesome.
Yeah, the place is great after the renovation. Hell I liked it before the renovation. Been going there for years, and this year had an incident in there with 2 Devil fans, and a priest(who is my buddy). We literally all came to blows in the bathroom after the Rangers lost to them earlier in the season. It was messy. After that the owner not only let us back in there, but the guy buys us drinks everytime we stop in. Johnny the pizza guy is a blast also!

Old
04-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Yeah, the place is great after the renovation. Hell I liked it before the renovation. Been going there for years, and this year had an incident in there with 2 Devil fans, and a priest(who is my buddy). We literally all came to blows in the bathroom after the Rangers lost to them earlier in the season. It was messy. After that the owner not only let us back in there, but the guy buys us drinks everytime we stop in. Johnny the pizza guy is a blast also!
Yeah, I hang out with John and Paul all the time. We go in there and sometimes "forget" to go into the game after too many tequila shots. Also, if you want a good waiter, ask for Fausto.

Old
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
if you're going to the game, you'd need to get there around 5:30 or so to get a table. Food's decent bar food too (loved those wee burgers and thin crust pizza). Good beer selection, lots of TVs, and there were tons of rangers fans. They actually gave out t-shirts and towels before the game. It does clear out so I cannot tell you how many fans stayed to watch the game at the bar.
They Hoegaarden! The only unfiltered brew that I care for!

Old
04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Balej20*

Stout is good. My personal fav is Blarney Rock though. I know all the bartenders there since I've been going there for a while. They take care of me and it's a nice atmosphere.

Old
04-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Nich

i miss cafe 31 sometimes

Old
04-19-2007, 09:01 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
So I went to Stout last night and they played crappy music while the game was on. No sound. And not too many reall crazy fans there. I left after the first and wound up at Harrington's. Had a great time. Bartender's were wearing rangers jerseys, they had the sound on and there were cheering fans all around me. They even had one tv tuned to the islander game so we could watch them lose while the rangers won. Highly recommend Harington's on 7th.

Old
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Limey FK

Send a message via AIM to Limey FK
Quote:
So I went to Stout last night and they played crappy music while the game was on. No sound. And not too many reall crazy fans there. I left after the first and wound up at Harrington's. Had a great time. Bartender's were wearing rangers jerseys, they had the sound on and there were cheering fans all around me. They even had one tv tuned to the islander game so we could watch them lose while the rangers won. Highly recommend Harington's on 7th.
That's unfortunate. I was thinking of taking a drive up for a weekend 2nd round game for the Rangers to watch the game with some other fans. Not too many of them down here in Philly.

Old
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
broadwayblue

went to Stout before heading over to MSG last night and thought it was pretty lame. had a beer and took off. guess it was a better place to be when they had the Rangers party there.

Old
04-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Fletch

Nemchinov...

I have trouble with beers into which fruit goes. Stout had a couple cask conditioned ales, which are always interesting.

Old
04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I went to Stout after the game and it was great..tons of people from the game exchanging congratulations, cold Molson Canadian, great burgers...but I don't know how good it is to actually watch a game there.

I was there in january when I happened to be in the area around Penn Station to meet someone and afterwards I went to watch the Bruins/Rangers game there. Not only was it not even on, but when I asked them to turn it on, they couldn't find it and I had to tell them it was on NBC. Very unusual. However, I also got free tickets from a guy to the game and got to see the final two periods, so I guess it wasn't too bad lol

Old
04-19-2007, 04:33 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:

Harrington's is defineltly owned by Ranger fans. I posted in another thread, during game two last Saturday they had the volume nice and loud, and no music while the game was on. Wasn't alot of people, but there' wasn't alot of Ranger fans anywhere.The manager I believe, was also right next to me watching. Stout was great after the Rangers clinched though, back on the 5th.

Old
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
The Blarney stone on I think on 31 and 7th great place, as Irish as it gets.

Old
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
artoor13

Anyone headed to the MSG area to get crunked and watch the game tonight?

I think I'll check out Stout. Lets have an HF PARTAY!

Old
04-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Whatever happend to the HFDS? Is there a secret password for the playoffs cause we should hold court one of these nights?

Old
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Nemchinov13

Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I have trouble with beers into which fruit goes. Stout had a couple cask conditioned ales, which are always interesting.
I have a weakness for Flemish lagers - Grolsch, Hoegaarden, Stella Artois, Duvell. I'm open to anything, however. So, what would you suggest?

Old
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
artoor13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post
I have a weakness for Flemish lagers - Grolsch, Hoegaarden, Stella Artois, Duvell. I'm open to anything, however. So, what would you suggest?
Blue Moon

Old
04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Hankenstein

Is the Molly Wee still around? That place was pretty cool.

I've lost touch with everything NYC related since the move to Kansas.

Closed Thread