HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

luke Schenn to DET.

Old
07-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Uh, Schenn has shown flashes of a top pairing shutdown workhorse in his rookie year and a bit in his sophomore year. So tell me how his ceiling is only a mid pairing defenceman again?

Actually, I recommend you watch hockey. It's a pretty entertaining sport to follow.
oh ok right, i think his rookie year he was placed in those situations out of sheer need because the rest of the leafs dman outside kaberle were barely nhl calibre and once komisarek, beauchemin and phaneuf were brought in the kid rightfully so dropped to #5.

thanks again though, your comment is like saying bryan little of atlanta is a #1 centremen....

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 09:39 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan7 View Post
Two polls created everyone! Go check out the polls forum. Jfried - explain why you think Grabovski is better in there if you want to; it might change some votes.
insecure about your opinions? rather use mob mentality than actual thought?

As to the posts about Schenn's value... who really cares?? In the context of this thread it's irrelevant. Toronto has 3 holes in its lineup. The red wings only have 2 players which the Leafs would be interested in; and Detroit isn't going to trade either of them (nor would they fit under the Leafs cap).

Last edited by seanlinden: 07-06-2010 at 09:45 AM.
seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
insecure about your opinions? rather use mob mentality than actual thought?
totally, grabo takes a lot of heat on here for some reason, yet filpulla is steve yzerman 2.0, theyre very similar players

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
what a stupid line of argument
Indeed, that is why I have moved on, Detroit fans are usually rational but there's no debating with this one, he's got it in his head that Schenn is worthless. So be it...

Smif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
totally, grabo takes a lot of heat on here for some reason, yet filpulla is steve yzerman 2.0, theyre very similar players
i didnt know grabo was such a strong two-way player, montreal are idiots then for dumping him so easily...

Old
07-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Indeed, that is why I have moved on, Detroit fans are usually rational but there's no debating with this one, he's got it in his head that Schenn is worthless. So be it...
i never said he was worthless, not once, in fact i said he was good i just dont feel he is anything special thats all.

yes i would rather hudler, filipula, franzen over schenn and i would rather tatar, nyquist or calle jankrok over schenn as well.

Old
07-06-2010, 09:51 AM
zackisonfire

Even though he's going about it in the wrong way, he actually does have a point. Despite intangibles or his age, Schenn's ceiling isn't that high due to his lack of offensive game. There's nothing wrong with being a great shutdown defenseman but the Red Wings top pair is reserved for players with far more offensive aptitude. So generally, you're not going to get a very far when you talk about wanting prospects or players from Detroit with higher potential than Schenn. Hell, Schenn would be our fifth best defenseman in Detroit which is hardly worth the kind of returns that Toronto fans want.

zackisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
syc

What a dumb thread. What's next, value of Kadri to the Hawks or maybe LA.

We'll it's good to know that Schenn is becoming a bust because he was drafted by the Leafs. At least that wings fan can admit his ignorance, it's refreshing.

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
i didnt know grabo was such a strong two-way player, montreal are idiots then for dumping him so easily...
He's not... he posseses no real two-way game. However, he is better than Filppula offensively, and if you put him in Detroit he problably becomes a significantly better defensive player.

Old
07-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Sureves

Not that I want to get in the fray but, as a Sens fan who gets to see Schenn play a lot...he's really, at this point, quite unflaterring. At best he becomes someone like Phillips and at worst he becomes a bottom pairing D. He has virtually no offensive upside. Call me crazy, but I side with the Detroit fans, I wouldn't give up much of value for Schenn.

Futhermore, while all fanbases do this, I've noticed that Toronto fans are the most ridiculous when it comes to over-valuing their prospects. How Kadri is a lock to be a #1 center no one but Leafs fans know. Not to mention no-name Caputi is all of a sudden a gem since he got moved fromt Pitts.

EDIT: That being said, I'd agree with jfried that it makes no sense to move Schenn for Filppula when they already have Grabo to get similar points and have other options for depth players.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Not that I want to get in the fray but, as a Sens fan who gets to see Schenn play a lot...he's really, at this point, quite unflaterring. At best he becomes someone like Phillips and at worst he becomes a bottom pairing D. He has virtually no offensive upside. Call me crazy, but I side with the Detroit fans, I wouldn't give up much of value for Schenn.

Futhermore, while all fanbases do this, I've noticed that Toronto fans are the most ridiculous when it comes to over-valuing their prospects. How Kadri is a lock to be a #1 center no one but Leafs fans know. Not to mention no-name Caputi is all of a sudden a gem since he got moved fromt Pitts.

EDIT: That being said, I'd agree with jfried that it makes no sense to move Schenn for Filppula when they already have Grabo to get similar points and have other options for depth players.
So you're saying you would trade a player with potential to be as good as Phillips for Cleary and Helm???

Old
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Sureves

Quote:
So you're saying you would trade a player with potential to be as good as Phillips for Cleary and Helm???
No I wouldn't from a Leafs POV, but neither would I give up anything that is gonig to make my team significantly worse from the DET POV, which seems to be what leafs fans (management too) are demanding for Schenn.

Old
07-06-2010, 10:18 AM
PhilTheThrillKessel

LOL people constantly ***** out Leaf fans on this board, only to see such brilliant proposals as Helm + for Schenn. Give me a break.

PhilTheThrillKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:18 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:

Are you *sure* you actually watched Luke Schenn play? And I mean watched him, not just happen to have watched a game that he was in.

hatterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:20 AM
HemskyToHall*

They wont fit, Detroit would have to give Tatar + McCollum + 1st for Schenn.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Are you *sure* you actually watched Luke Schenn play? And I mean watched him, not just happen to have watched a game that he was in.
Put it this way. In the TOR-SJ thread, there are numerous TOR fans saying they want a top 3 forward for Schenn. Not top 6. Top 3.

Now ask me if I would trade Phillips, let alone a player who only has the potential to become Chris Phillips, for a top 3 forward.

The answer is yes, and when you consider that Schenn only has the potential to be as good as Phil, the answer is: the other team wouldn't even consider it.

EDIT: Does anyone know the last time a premium shut down D was traded and what the return was?

Old
zackisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTheThrillKessel View Post
LOL people constantly ***** out Leaf fans on this board, only to see such brilliant proposals as Helm + for Schenn. Give me a break.
That's a proposal made by someone who isn't a fan of either team so he's probably not that informed about the teams. If you look around, there are plenty of awful proposals by both fan bases in here.

Old
Hulk Hogan*

Leafs won't deal Schenn at this point. I think Phaneuf, Schenn, Komisarek, and Gunner are locks for the next few years. I can, however, see Kaberle or Beauchemin moving for the right deal and Finger being waived or dealt.

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Smif

Quote:
No I wouldn't from a Leafs POV, but neither would I give up anything that is gonig to make my team significantly worse from the DET POV, which seems to be what leafs fans (management too) are demanding for Schenn.
Well thats what this guys proposal was so I was defending it. Way to come in here and insult an entire fan base when you wouldn't even make the trade yourself...c'mon dude.

Old
07-06-2010, 10:22 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Neither Cleary nor Helm fill a role for the Leafs.... Schenn as our 5/6 defenceman (hopefully making Komisarek expendable next offseason) fills a role. Maybe the Leafs go for Helm as a 3rd line centre; but I think the Leafs would rather hang onto Schenn.

Old
07-06-2010, 10:24 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Put it this way. In the TOR-SJ thread, there are numerous TOR fans saying they want a top 3 forward for Schenn. Not top 6. Top 3.

Now ask me if I would trade Phillips, let alone a player who only has the potential to become Chris Phillips, for a top 3 forward.

The answer is yes, and when you consider that Schenn only has the potential to be as good as Phil, the answer is: the other team wouldn't even consider it.

EDIT: Does anyone know the last time a premium shut down D was traded and what the return was?
Tim Gleason for Jack Johnson??? Not sure if it counts though as JJ held out with Carolina.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
zackisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
They wont fit, Detroit would have to give Tatar + McCollum + 1st for Schenn.

Seriously? This thread just needs to be closed.

You're right that's probably the kind of return Burke and Leaf fans would want.

Old
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Anderson55

Schenn does not fit red wing hockey, Detriot likes mobile defensemen that can move the puck, hes not a good fit for alot of reasons, cost of trade and upcoming contract

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Well thats what this guys proposal was so I was defending it. Way to come in here and insult an entire fan base when you wouldn't even make the trade yourself...c'mon dude.
I'm sorry I came off that way. I think what I'm getting at is the value of Schenn to TOR is incomparable to the value that other teams hold to Schenn. No team would actually offer the ridiculous return Leafs fans expect for Schenn.

Old
07-06-2010, 10:32 AM
All Day*

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdrum View Post

Seriously? This thread just needs to be closed.

You're right that's probably the kind of return Burke and Leaf fans would want.
Probably not.

All Day* is offline   Reply With Quote