HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike Bauer 8500 visor help

Old
07-02-2010, 10:43 PM
paperclip maniac

vCash: 500
Nike Bauer 8500 visor help

I just got a 8500 and was trying to put on my itech straight visor, the spacers don't want to fit in between the foam and plastic, if I put them in between the visor and plastic, no matter how hard I tighten the screws it still moves up and down. My old helmet was a Nike Bauer 3500 and the spacers fit right in between the foam and plastic, not sure what I should do.

paperclip maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 10:19 AM
paperclip maniac

am I just going to have to live with visor moving up and down a little bit?

Old
07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclip maniac View Post
I just got a 8500 and was trying to put on my itech straight visor, the spacers don't want to fit in between the foam and plastic, if I put them in between the visor and plastic, no matter how hard I tighten the screws it still moves up and down. My old helmet was a Nike Bauer 3500 and the spacers fit right in between the foam and plastic, not sure what I should do.
Why you would want to fit the spacers in between the visor and the plastic is beyond me, but here's my advice on your problem. I can get my visor tight by just holding my finger on the connector (the part that goes between the foam and the plastic, not sure what it is called...I'm sure you know what I'm talking about). I'd start with one of the top screws and just tighten it; your finger should be making sure that the connector does not turn. Then, I'd go to the other side of the visor and do the bottom one. I think if you go from top to bottom you can get it tighter...again just make sure that the end is not spinning when you are tightening. Finally, do the last two. Let me know if this helps.

WeissFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2010, 09:10 AM
paperclip maniac

ok, that did help actually, it moves a tiny bit but not as bad as before, thanks. Oh the reason why I put the spacers in between the plastic and foam was when I first got it, I tried both ways and that seemed to work better, oh well...