HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild-Philly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
  #26
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang
 
FlyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Livin the High Life
Country: United States
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
You realize that Harding has 83 of NHL experience? It's not like he's a rookie.

And he's actually been damn good in the majority of those. He just happens to play behind Backstrom.
So you can judge a goaltender based on a season worth of games spread out over 4 years?? He's already 26 and has never played more than 30 games in a season. What has he done so far that could make someone think he can be a #1 in this league? Not saying he can't put it all together someday, but how is he any different from Dan Ellis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
How about Gagne for Backstrom straight up?
Flyers would never pay 6 million a year on a goaltender, and rightfully so. Plus, we aren't in a position to take on salary

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:11 PM
  #27
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
For those Flyer fans who feel Marty Turco will lead you to the promise land good luck. As for the lukewarm interest in Harding as I've stated a million times on here if someone was interested in Backstrom I would be completely comfortable with Harding as the Wild started for the next several years. I've seen him play much better than many starting NHL goaltenders when he has been given the chance to play.

Anyone who says Harding would only "challenge" Leighton for the starting job is kidding themselves and clearly didn't watch his career prior to the Boston and Montreal series and his SCF was closer to how his whole career has played out. He was released by the Canes after all.

How about Gagne for Backstrom straight up?
Leighton was 2 games away from leading us to the promise land....


just saying

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
  #28
Cinerary
The Inexorable
 
Cinerary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatsFan48 View Post
When was the last time you watched Turco...?
Leighton's save percentage in the Finals was .858. Are you suggesting Turco would have done worse? I find that hard to believe.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 12:28 AM
  #29
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I think it has something to do with Brent Burns' "concucssion" issues that get thrown back at us all the time, although they are unfounded. Just a guess, though.
*touches nose*

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:11 AM
  #30
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Nice proposal to be honest. I'd turn it down from a Flyers stand point. I wouldn't mind Brunette because we need another big forward, I just don't think very highly of Harding like most people do. I'd rather someone better than Sheppard added. He was highly regarded, but he has been pretty bad.

IF it went down Flyers lineup maybe?:
Brunette - Richards - (goal scoring winger with freed up money)
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
JVR - Carter - Giroux
Lappy - Betts - Shelley

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Meszaros - O'Donnell

Harding
Leighton

Not bad.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 01:37 AM
  #31
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
*touches nose*
Got it then. I thought perhaps it was ironic on account of something I had said in the past.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:29 AM
  #32
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatsFan48 View Post
When was the last time you watched Turco...?
when was the last time you took note of the team playing in front of Turco...?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:41 AM
  #33
Blacksheep71
Registered User
 
Blacksheep71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London, England
Country: England
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
For those Flyer fans who feel Marty Turco will lead you to the promise land good luck. As for the lukewarm interest in Harding as I've stated a million times on here if someone was interested in Backstrom I would be completely comfortable with Harding as the Wild started for the next several years. I've seen him play much better than many starting NHL goaltenders when he has been given the chance to play.

Anyone who says Harding would only "challenge" Leighton for the starting job is kidding themselves and clearly didn't watch his career prior to the Boston and Montreal series and his SCF was closer to how his whole career has played out. He was released by the Canes after all.

How about Gagne for Backstrom straight up?
As a Wild fan, I would take that, as I am confident that Harding can carry the full load.

The only problem is that Gagne is on $5.25m and Backstrom $6m. If we took Boucher back as well on $925K then the deal financially works slightly in the Flyers favour and we get a backup to take some nights.

Simon Gagne and Brian Boucher for Niklas Backstrom

Blacksheep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:21 AM
  #34
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,394
vCash: 500
While its not a terrible proposal a few reasons to shoot it down:

Gagne has a NTC, and while he would waive it for some teams, I would be shocked if he'd accept a deal to Minnesota.

Harding had hip problems last year, and while they may not be considered serious, I don't see the Flyers picking up another goalie with hip problems after dealing with Niittymaki and Emery's issues the past few years.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
  #35
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Not a bad proposal.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
  #36
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep71 View Post
As a Wild fan, I would take that, as I am confident that Harding can carry the full load.

The only problem is that Gagne is on $5.25m and Backstrom $6m. If we took Boucher back as well on $925K then the deal financially works slightly in the Flyers favour and we get a backup to take some nights.

Simon Gagne and Brian Boucher for Niklas Backstrom
I would do that one; however, the Flyers won't pay for a goaltender. Evidently a few of there fans have planted goalie trees in their backyards and are waiting for the fall harvest

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:40 PM
  #37
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=John Flyers Fan;26790532]While its not a terrible proposal a few reasons to shoot it down:

Gagne has a NTC, and while he would waive it for some teams, I would be shocked if he'd accept a deal to Minnesota.

I'm going to go off a bit of a rant here specifically aimed at the east coast. We don't sleep with our doors unlocked, it's not hicksville; we don't all talk like we're from the movie Fargo; we don't make our own clothing; go to bed at 7:00pm or turn red when someone swears.

Honestly, the east coast needs to get over itself and realize living in the midwest is like any other place in the US we just are a bit nicer to our neighbors and the air is actually clean and the sky is blue on a clear day.

Sorry but I'm feeling a little sarcastic today.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
  #38
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 9,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I'm going to go off a bit of a rant here specifically aimed at the east coast. We don't sleep with our doors unlocked, it's not hicksville; we don't all talk like we're from the movie Fargo; we don't make our own clothing; go to bed at 7:00pm or turn red when someone swears.

Honestly, the east coast needs to get over itself and realize living in the midwest is like any other place in the US we just are a bit nicer to our neighbors and the air is actually clean and the sky is blue on a clear day.

Sorry but I'm feeling a little sarcastic today.
Wow, I think you misunderstood what that guy said.

Gagne wouldnt waive his NTC for a team that doesnt have a legitimate shot at contending in the near future. This may be the last chance he gets.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
  #39
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post

Honestly, the east coast needs to get over itself and realize living in the midwest is like any other place in the US we just are a bit nicer to our neighbors and the air is actually clean and the sky is blue on a clear day.

Sorry but I'm feeling a little sarcastic today.
I for appreciate the Philly bash, but he wasnt talking about the state....

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
  #40
Jedgi
Registered User
 
Jedgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
As a fan of neither team, it looks pretty fair to me, maybe a mid-pick added in shipped to Philly.

Jedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 11:04 PM
  #41
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I'm going to go off a bit of a rant here specifically aimed at the east coast. We don't sleep with our doors unlocked, it's not hicksville; we don't all talk like we're from the movie Fargo; we don't make our own clothing; go to bed at 7:00pm or turn red when someone swears.

Honestly, the east coast needs to get over itself and realize living in the midwest is like any other place in the US we just are a bit nicer to our neighbors and the air is actually clean and the sky is blue on a clear day.

Sorry but I'm feeling a little sarcastic today.
Somebody has a little bit of a complex there, whew. I'll vouch for living in the mid-west though. There's crappy people everywhere you go, but it is a nice change of pace/mindset from over here.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:49 AM
  #42
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
To Wild
Gagne, LW (5.25m)
Boucher, G (0.925m)
3nd Rounder in 2011

To Philly
Brunette, LW (2.33m)
Harding, G (~1.5m)
Sheppard, C/W (0.8m)
1st rounder in 2011

I would take this deal. Would minni?


Last edited by Spongolium*: 07-08-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 05:59 AM
  #43
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
To Wild
Gagne, LW (5.25m)
Boucher, G (0.925m)
3nd Rounder in 2010

To Philly
Brunette, LW (2.33m)
Harding, G (~1.5m)
Sheppard, C/W (0.8m)
1st rounder in 2010

I would take this deal. Would minni?
Ignoring the fact that the 2010 draft already happened, no the Wild wouldn't do that deal.

They aren't going to give a up 1st, along with Brunette, Harding, and Sheppard, for a injury prone winger who is a UFA in 1-year.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
  #44
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer
 
GirouxGiroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
To Wild
Gagne, LW (5.25m)
Boucher, G (0.925m)
3nd Rounder in 2010

To Philly
Brunette, LW (2.33m)
Harding, G (~1.5m)
Sheppard, C/W (0.8m)
1st rounder in 2010

I would take this deal. Would minni?
Let's clean it up:

To Wild
Gagne, LW (5.25m) + agreed to extension
Boucher, G (0.925m)

To Philly
Harding, G (~1.5m)
1st rounder in 2011

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 09:06 AM
  #45
Podgornik
Registered User
 
Podgornik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post
Let's clean it up:

To Wild
Gagne, LW (5.25m) + agreed to extension
Boucher, G (0.925m)

To Philly
Harding, G (~1.5m)
1st rounder in 2011
There's next to no chance we trade our 1st in 2011 with the draft in MN and already no 2nd rounder. Plus we wouldnt want to take that much hit on our cap. Replace the 1st with other pieces....maybe. I just don't see a trade working between us and philly, unless backstrom is involved.

Podgornik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 09:50 AM
  #46
lumm0x
Registered User
 
lumm0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
As a Flyer fan, the only problem I would have is that this deal does nothing to make us a better team right now. It was said that Philly is in "win now" mode. This regresses that.

Brunette is no Gagne. Sheppard as of right now is a throw in hopeful that can be expected to do nothing and be in the minors. Harding is the intriguing prospect in the deal to me, but as I said, the team goes back a notch doing this deal. It is a great proposal if we are thinking 2-3 years ahead. I'm just not sure we are when considering trading Gagne.

lumm0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 10:03 AM
  #47
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,957
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
Leighton's save percentage in the Finals was .858. Are you suggesting Turco would have done worse? I find that hard to believe.
What was Halak's save percentage in the conference finals?

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 10:27 AM
  #48
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
As a Flyer fan, the only problem I would have is that this deal does nothing to make us a better team right now. It was said that Philly is in "win now" mode. This regresses that.

Brunette is no Gagne. Sheppard as of right now is a throw in hopeful that can be expected to do nothing and be in the minors. Harding is the intriguing prospect in the deal to me, but as I said, the team goes back a notch doing this deal. It is a great proposal if we are thinking 2-3 years ahead. I'm just not sure we are when considering trading Gagne.
We are weaker at forward for sure, but I don't know if we go backwards exactly. IMO Harding becomes the best goal tender in Philadelphia the second he steps off that plane. That is with all due respect to Michael Leighton and Brian Boucher, but if you watch the three of them play, it is pretty clear.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 10:59 AM
  #49
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Somebody has a little bit of a complex there, whew. I'll vouch for living in the mid-west though. There's crappy people everywhere you go, but it is a nice change of pace/mindset from over here.
No complex at all I'm happy living here and I say to hell if someone can't understand that. However, if the point was Gagne wouldn't want to play for a team that isn't going to contend it's a bit baffling.

The Flyers had 2 more points than the Wild last season and still haven't figured out a goaltending solution. Meanwhile the Pens among others are much stronger than last season with their acquisitions and I'm not so sure the Flyers are that far ahead of the Wild.

Note: He come the self loathing Wild fans who will say all of our prospects suck and the Wild won't win for another 15 years.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
  #50
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
No complex at all I'm happy living here and I say to hell if someone can't understand that. However, if the point was Gagne wouldn't want to play for a team that isn't going to contend it's a bit baffling.

The Flyers had 2 more points than the Wild last season and still haven't figured out a goaltending solution. Meanwhile the Pens among others are much stronger than last season with their acquisitions and I'm not so sure the Flyers are that far ahead of the Wild.

Note: He come the self loathing Wild fans who will say all of our prospects suck and the Wild won't win for another 15 years.
Wow.... min is about as close to Philly as the nationals are to the Yankees. Philly came 2 games from the cup despite their aweful season. noone expects min to make the 2011 playoffs

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.