HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Pick: Norwegian Sondre Olden

Old
09-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
im pretty sure i read somewhere that he'll play off his contract in the SEL for the next 2 years and then come over
Which is exactly what he should do.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 12:13 PM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
I only saw the highlights, but Kadri looked pretty reckless and undisciplined. It's nice to have a player who isn't afraid to play physical, but he seemed to try too hard to be physical, which means he will have an injury plagued career, and will take too many dumb penalties.

He didn't impress me much at the WJC either.

Personally, I think Kadri needs to spend half a season with the Marlies to iron his game out more.

I did like what I saw from Brad Ross, Sondre Olden, McKegg, Gysbers, and Rynnas.
His hit at the start of the game may have seemed a little wreckless, but if you watch closely, the player was turning towards him and then lost the puck and looked down. Kadri caught him but the hit was clean.

He actually drew a penalty on the play because Lalonde went after him. Other than that, i'm not sure what he did that could be interpreted as wreckless or undisciplined.

TruthDeliveryVehicle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 10:00 PM
lavoie71

Dallas Eakins loving Sondre Olden

New start for Olden

It wasn't planned, but during a power play in Saturday's 6-3 win over Chicago, big Norwegian left winger Sondre Olden found himself on the point of the power play. He made two nice plays to keep the puck alive for an eventual Kenny Ryan goal and ended the night with a goal and assist.

"That young man is definitely a great draft pick for us," coach Dallas Eakins said. "As a coach you're doing so many things, but as the game goes on, you start looking for certain names because they've been going so well. As that game went on, his name was in my head constantly to try and get him back on the ice."

lavoie71 is offline   Reply With Quote