HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erik Christensen [Video #1]

Old
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 500
BTW, just thought I'd note that the opening interview as a segue to the highlights was outstanding.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
DrAStuart

As was already said, EC's problem is staying out of his own head. The trades, the injury and getting waived twice last year really played havoc with his confidence and his consistency. But there is no denying the skill set he has.
The good thing (I think) is that he know's what his problem is -- the clip from his first interview in NYC shows that he's a thoughtful guy and pretty self aware. But that is also part of the problem -- he gets into his own head too much while on the ice.
One thing I noticed about him last year was that his best games tended to come when he did something good early on in the game -- an assist, a goal, a really pretty play, whatever. That tended to get him out of his head and in the game with much more intensity. If he struggles early in the game, he tends to overthink things and get more frustrated.
Obviously both Torts and Sather think that for his price it is worth the effort to see if he can get back the consistency he showed when he got drafted out of junior...
Kind of funny how things work out....if Prospal hadn't been hurt last year, EC wouldn't have been picked up on waivers and if there hadn't been a real shortage of top centres in the FA market he might not have been resigned. He'd be in Sweden or Switzerland or Germany right now...
He caught a real break...I just hope he makes the most of it now that he's been given another legit shot to show his stuff.

And that shoot-out goal that went off the post, in the net and then out was a classic...I remember it cuz initially it got waved off by the ref and you could see on the replays that EC KNEW it had gone in but it took the video replay to see it...that was the same game as the behind the back to Drury that tied the game...easily his best game in a blueshirt

Great video Loffen...

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Sockosensei

Great vid!

The guy can just bury the puck when given the space.
If he gets a bit of confidence early in the season, he could break out for us. Provided of course that he keeps playing with linemates that draw pressure away from him and let him play to his strengths.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
NYROrtsFan

Agree... The hands are high level. He also shows a comfort in finishing, which not a lot of guys have. He's gotta be happy because he isn't going to get a better opportunity than what he's going to get this year. Dubi or Prospal on his line with Gaborik is good stuff.

And good **** Loffen.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 12:34 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Like always great work Loffen ! ! ! 10/10

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

'preciate it fellas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Awesome video, but where is his give and go with Gabby?!
I left it out. I had to fit clips with the track so it came down to using that or his assist on Vinny's goal vs Tampa, which was a better play IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
wow...Christensen gets the treatment ahead of Dubi. Surprising to say the least.
LOL? Chillax.

I wanted to edit something now that I had some time... I've been busy lately. Making a Dubi reel will take a couple of more hours because of much more material to play with.

Anyway the summer is long, and since Dubi seems to be heavily requested, he'll be next in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
BTW, just thought I'd note that the opening interview as a segue to the highlights was outstanding.
I wanted to take a different way with the intro in this one. Thanks, Thor.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

It's deffinatly not hard to like the kid.

He was a highly touted prospect in Jr's, glad to see he's starting to pull it together.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Another gem from Loffen, excellent work.

Man if EC could ever just put it all together, he could be a hell of a player. The skill/hands/talent is there, he just needs to work on the upstairs. But this is a guy who could hit 30 goals, if he would just stay consistent.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i make/made a lot of videos. its time consuming as hell. A guy like Christensen, with limited highlights will probably take in the neighborhood of 1-6 hours, depending on how good you are...my guess is for Loffen probably around 2.5 hours worth of work since he is L33T. A video for Dubi, even though length wise it might be say 2 times as long, will take in the neighborhood of 4-7 times as long simply because of how much more video there will be to parse. More goals, more assists, more hits....lets more to go through. lots more to go through = way more time spent.
I don't hate EC. Just think our own homegrown boy, who has often played with great heart, tenacity and skill; deserves a tribute video long before some waiver draft pick-up, who may or may not show this upcoming season.

I hope EC gets his head on straight and tears it up this upcoming season. The guy has good skills. But he can go from displaying great skills, to looking like a beer league drop-out; in a blink of an eye.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 02:03 PM
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

One of my new favorites by you Loffen. Awesome video as usual

pdogfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote