HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jay Leach re-signed to one year $500k two-way deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2010, 02:26 PM
  #26
5H4RK5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Mr. 2.5 is in trouble. Jay Leach will clearly beat him out so our D looks like this.
Boyle Murray
Vlasic Demers
Huskins Leach
2.5
We could have signed 4 more Dmen at that price that Leach got and cornered the market on Dmen at 11 beating the Nucks by one.


Last edited by 5H4RK5: 07-07-2010 at 02:33 PM.
5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
  #27
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel
 
ChompChomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX (Ugh)
Country: United States
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H4RK5 View Post
Mr. 2.5 is in trouble. Jay Leach will clearly beat him out so our D looks like this.
Boyle Murray
Vlasic Demers
Huskins Leach
2.5
We could have signed 4 more Dmen at that price that Leach got and cornered the market on Dmen at 11 beating the Nucks by one.
Mr. 2.5 will clearly be beat out by Leach? I don't know how you can say that when TMac foolishly and stubbornly played Wallin in all 4 WCF losses. DW and TMac love Wallin.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 02:44 PM
  #28
5H4RK5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Mr. 2.5 will clearly be beat out by Leach? I don't know how you can say that when TMac foolishly and stubbornly played Wallin in all 4 WCF losses. DW and TMac love Wallin.
DW is watching film at this moment finding weaknesses that each Dman must improve throughout the year. Mr. 2.5 clearly and visibly through video evidence needs the most improvement. I think if 2.5 simplifies his game and doesn't try to do too much like he was in the video he could be Huskins 2.0.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
  #29
SactoShark
💤
 
SactoShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 10,464
vCash: 3000
$2,500,000: 23 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 16:22 ATOI, 1 Fight

$500,000: 28 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 15:11 ATOI, 3 Fights

SactoShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 03:58 PM
  #30
Markus
Registered Lurker
 
Markus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
$2,500,000: 23 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 16:22 ATOI, 1 Fight

$500,000: 28 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 15:11 ATOI, 3 Fights
Well that 1 goal was an empty-netter but it was from the other side of the ice so.... I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 04:27 PM
  #31
Slurms McKenzie
Wam wam wazzle!
 
Slurms McKenzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Jose
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
good signing, does that mean we can trade murray away for some cap relief?

Slurms McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 04:42 PM
  #32
SactoShark
💤
 
SactoShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 10,464
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarkus View Post
Well that 1 goal was an empty-netter but it was from the other side of the ice so.... I'm not sure where I'm going with this.
That Leach also shoots with deadly accuracy from anywhere on the ice?

And you all thought Hamburgzzz was the "secret weapon".

SactoShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 04:43 PM
  #33
sharkbite3
Custom boozer title
 
sharkbite3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seaside, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
Good signing, IMO. Jay has looked solid in his time with us. He's not afraid to mix it up and he'll be a good 7th D. Sweet cap hit, too. Wallin...

sharkbite3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
  #34
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,805
vCash: 500
http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533976

Sharks announcement.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
  #35
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,187
vCash: 500
I'd actually prefer Jay over Wallin. Seriously...

Still, this 100% confirms that either Murray or Huskins is gone (or both). Can't bring in another defensemen without moving someone.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
  #36
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I'd actually prefer Jay over Wallin. Seriously...

Still, this 100% confirms that either Murray or Huskins is gone (or both). Can't bring in another defensemen without moving someone.
Not really. Somebody's got to be a 7th d-man, and why not Leach or Moore at (or near) the league minimum?

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
  #37
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Not really. Somebody's got to be a 7th d-man, and why not Leach or Moore at (or near) the league minimum?
yes, but he certainly isn't going to have 8 d-men is my point. He knows he needs to replace Blake (at least) and I really don't believe he thinks Wallin is going to cover that. So someone has to go to make room for whoever he brings in.

We know he's scouring the trade market, he told us so, and we know he's going the 'cheap goalie, better defense' route. I don't think he's planning on improving the offense any.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:59 PM
  #38
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 500
he'll be a good #7 guy to fill in for 20-30 NHL games and work out on the taxi squad. he'll accept this role, you really don't want a prospect to waste away as they need to play to develop their respective games.

it still feels like there is a trade to be made and will swap out Murray or Huskins - there must be another deal/singing involving a larger cap hit with a team that needs to happen first before this deal can happen. DW has for shadowed it in a way, just to hard to be patient.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 06:01 PM
  #39
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
yes, but he certainly isn't going to have 8 d-men is my point. He knows he needs to replace Blake (at least) and I really don't believe he thinks Wallin is going to cover that. So someone has to go to make room for whoever he brings in.

We know he's scouring the trade market, he told us so, and we know he's going the 'cheap goalie, better defense' route. I don't think he's planning on improving the offense any.
that doesn't mean DW has to move someone, it just means that you think he should because this defence isn't up to standard yet. While I agree with you, if DW doesn't it means he doesn't have to do anything. The team has 7 d-men now at the NHL level.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 06:08 PM
  #40
Nighthock
**** the Kings...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 16,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
$2,500,000: 23 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 16:22 ATOI, 1 Fight

$500,000: 28 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 15:11 ATOI, 3 Fights
HAHAHA!! Thank you for that ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 06:29 PM
  #41
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
that doesn't mean DW has to move someone, it just means that you think he should because this defence isn't up to standard yet. While I agree with you, if DW doesn't it means he doesn't have to do anything. The team has 7 d-men now at the NHL level.
Sure, of course.

But if he doesn't improve the defense, you can literally write off this entire season right now. We all know that, he knows that, he's not a moron. He has his bonehead moments, but he is generally pretty predictable.

For some damn reason though, i think it's going to be Murray. I think DW will be unable or willing to move Huskins. Wallin will replace Murray, inadequately, and we'll all watch as Murray goes elsewhere only to thrive much like Ehrhoff.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 08:49 PM
  #42
AKM83
Chomp. Chomp.
 
AKM83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
For some damn reason though, i think it's going to be Murray. I think DW will be unable or willing to move Huskins. Wallin will replace Murray, inadequately, and we'll all watch as Murray goes elsewhere only to thrive much like Ehrhoff.
I too think Murray is going to be moved. His value is the highest it's been and could the finishing touch on a package deal to deliver a top 4 d-man. I would like to keep him as our #4/5, but don't see Huskins getting moved easily or willingly by DW as HB stated.

AKM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
  #43
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,996
vCash: 500
One good thing if Murray gets moved () is that I can get my jersey re-done as Pavelski. the stitching pattern on an 8 will nicely cover any marks left from taking "3"s off of it

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 12:12 AM
  #44
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,390
vCash: 500
God I hope we don't trade Murray.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 12:36 AM
  #45
parad0x
YOWZA!
 
parad0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area/ The OC
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 500
I actually like this signing, he was solid for a bottom pairing defenseman. It could mean DW is shipping out Huskins?

parad0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:26 AM
  #46
HipCzech
Just win the game
 
HipCzech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Overpriced Bay
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Wallin, Ehrhoff, ZOMG, DW sucks, miss playoffs, Fire DW, improve defense, SIGN SOMEONE, Huskins, UFA, first round choke... Did I do it right? What am I missing? Maybe some Boyes? I think that covers it. Maybe we could just setup a bot to post this in all the threads? Oh wait, that's already happening.

HipCzech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:51 AM
  #47
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor
 
WineShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric Ubiquity View Post
Solid #5/6/7s
Kent Huskins
Niclas Wallin
Jay Leach
Jason Demers

Solid #4/5
Douglas Murray.

Solid #2/3
Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Solid #1/2
Dan Boyle
First let me offer a hearty harrumph to this view. Exactly the way I see it. Of course it will all be fixed because we will skate Boyle and Vlasic 26 minutes a night.

On Leech, I'd pay him Wallin money if his wife left Boston and worked the ice in the tank.




Another theory on DW. Burke is sitting waiting for a top 6 wing to help his club in trade for Kaberle. Burke has been a pretty good negotiator but this waiting game might put him in the same box as Ottawa with Heatley. The price soon after the second week of FA goes down as teams commit to salaries and spend to their budgets and caps.

I guarantee Doug has made and offer and Burke has either rejected it - thinking he can get more, or told Doug he'll keep it in the mix of offers. This signing is DW's way of signaling his willingness to stick with what he has if he has to. There are other teams out there that need to make some moves with defensemen still. The more teams start to look like the cement in the rosters is hardening and trading partners evaporate, the more a GM feels the pressure to pull the trigger on a lesser deal.

Thinking positive.

__________________
WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 08:56 AM
  #48
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fullerton
Country: United States
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
On Leech, I'd pay him Wallin money if his wife left Boston and worked the ice in the tank.
Wait you mean we got Brian Leech?! Our problems are solved! (ok actually it's Leetch but it's still funny).

HOOCH2173 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.