HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Opening night roster

Old
07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Biggzy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I doubt it but I think everyone would agree that anyone who earns a spot gets a spot. I don't think they have him penciled but I think he has as good as a shot as Guds.

He'll get some call up time for sure with injuries and possibly a trade or two at the deadline.
I want training camp to get here already

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Robak isn't ready yet. I'd say it'll be at least 2 years until Robak gets serious NHL time. Gud and Ellerby are clearly ahead of him on the depth chart at this point. Despite all the Ellerby bashing lately, he's still a lot closer to the NHL right now than Robak.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhislife View Post

Booth-Weiss-Frolik-- the best three guys we got on offense
Higgins-Matthias-Grabner-- Matthias gets his shot in the top 6
Olesz- Reino- Repik-- its got to be sink or swim time for Olesz
Dvo-Stillman- Bernier

McCabe-Kulikov-- the veteran with the future #1
Wideman-Garrison-- Offense and Defense
Ellerby-Allen-- whats left in all honesty
Paetsch
Nothing against you...because you're probably right, lines will probably look like this

But...This roster is a joke, seriously.

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Nothing against you...because you're probably right, lines will probably look like this

But...This roster is a joke, seriously.

The Coup for Couturier.

Old
07-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The Coup for Couturier.
Would be fine by me, but I also don't think Tallon's at all done putting nest year's team together. Still not expecting anything major, just don't think he's done.

07-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Would be fine by me, but I also don't think Tallon's at all done putting nest year's team together. Still not expecting anything major, just don't think he's done.
I'm really not sure right now what he's going to do. But I wouldn't be surprised if he just adds a cheap center and maybe some toughness, and calls it a day.

Old
07-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I'm really not sure right now what he's going to do. But I wouldn't be surprised if he just adds a cheap center and maybe some toughness, and calls it a day.
Yeah, could be, but things are getting tight so far as room, we still looking at a trade possibility?

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Yeah, could be, but things are getting tight so far as room, we still looking at a trade possibility?
Idk, yes and no. Things are only tight at forward, right now it looks like this:

Booth-Weiss-Frolik
Higgins-Reino-Grabner
Stillman-Matthias-Bernier
Olesz/Bitz-?-Dvo

I don't think that's too tight, we will have a decent winger sitting any way you slice it, which is a good scenario to have and which is what DeBoer wanted. Also, we won't stay healthy all season so all these guys will get plenty of chance to play. I could see us maybe trading Stillman for a center, something like that. But I don't see it as a necessity. Maybe we also sign a tough guy, but again, I don't see it necessary to move someone out to do so. If we only have 2 forwards injured the whole season, that would be extremely fortunate.

Old
07-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Idk, yes and no. Things are only tight at forward, right now it looks like this:

Booth-Weiss-Frolik
Higgins-Reino-Grabner
Stillman-Matthias-Bernier
Olesz/Bitz-?-Dvo

I don't think that's too tight, we will have a decent winger sitting any way you slice it, which is a good scenario to have and which is what DeBoer wanted. Also, we won't stay healthy all season so all these guys will get plenty of chance to play. I could see us maybe trading Stillman for a center, something like that. But I don't see it as a necessity. Maybe we also sign a tough guy, but again, I don't see it necessary to move someone out to do so. If we only have 2 forwards injured the whole season, that would be extremely fortunate.
I guess. There are some good guys available via trade, but we don't have the assets, and it's just not in Tallon's plans. Seems like McArdle is going to be our "tough guy," doesn't seem like anyone else is available. Wish we would've received Rypien in the trade.

Edit: Forgot Asham was still out there, I'd like it a lot if we were able to sign him.

Last edited by Laus723: 07-11-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Gudbranson44

Ive already given up hope for next season like everyone else, so I hope tallon's on the same line as me. get rid of everyone he knows wont be here in the future, give all young guys with an upside a chance to prove to tallon that he should stick with them through the re-build. then at the deadline, trade away whatever we cant move right now and stockpile some more picks and have another 2-in-1 draft

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 04:45 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
Ive already given up hope for next season like everyone else, so I hope tallon's on the same line as me. get rid of everyone he knows wont be here in the future, give all young guys with an upside a chance to prove to tallon that he should stick with them through the re-build. then at the deadline, trade away whatever we cant move right now and stockpile some more picks and have another 2-in-1 draft
Yeah...but I still have little hopes. Who knows, Bernier and Grabner have some goog potential and could "breakout".

Few seasons ago, Higgins scored over 20 goals 3 years in a row

I think that are offense has some chance to surprise us, but there's too many question marks.

Defensively, we look absolutly horrible right now:

McCabe-Kulikov
Wideman-Garrison
Ellerby-Allen

That's brutal.

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
I guess. There are some good guys available via trade, but we don't have the assets, and it's just not in Tallon's plans. Seems like McArdle is going to be our "tough guy," doesn't seem like anyone else is available. Wish we would've received Rypien in the trade.

Edit: Forgot Asham was still out there, I'd like it a lot if we were able to sign him.
Yeah, well said. Seems like a lot of teams are competing for Asham, I have a feeling we won't get him. After him, the pickings are pretty slim for tough guys, at least guys that DeBoer would play more than once in a blue moon. And Tallon said he wants to leave a spot open on the roster for one of our prospects to possibly make the team, that could be Repik, or could be one of McArdle/Duco. In any event, it seems likely that Allen will be our go to tough guy once again. Brashear is a possibility, idk if Tallon's interested or not though.

Old
07-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Yeah, well said. Seems like a lot of teams are competing for Asham, I have a feeling we won't get him. After him, the pickings are pretty slim for tough guys, at least guys that DeBoer would play more than once in a blue moon. And Tallon said he wants to leave a spot open on the roster for one of our prospects to possibly make the team, that could be Repik, or could be one of McArdle/Duco. In any event, it seems likely that Allen will be our go to tough guy once again. Brashear is a possibility, idk if Tallon's interested or not though.
Brash didn't do much in NY, and I think he fits into the "DeBoer won't play him" category.

Old
07-12-2010, 12:16 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Yeah...but I still have little hopes. Who knows, Bernier and Grabner have some goog potential and could "breakout".

Few seasons ago, Higgins scored over 20 goals 3 years in a row

I think that are offense has some chance to surprise us, but there's too many question marks.

Defensively, we look absolutly horrible right now:

McCabe-Kulikov
Wideman-Garrison
Ellerby-Allen

That's brutal.
I don't think we are horrible...we might be better than expected if guys like Gudbranson/Robak or even Ellerby surpass our expectations in the upcoming season. One thing we are is BLOODY YOUNG on the backend which will be a cause for concern all season long.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
I'm seeing a lot of "If these guys break out" and "If these guys exceed expectations" and "If this guy puts it all together."

If the Panthers have zero man games lost to injury, and if Vokoun stands on his head for 70 games, and if Frolik makes up the scoring lost from Horton, and if Booth doesn't have any PCS, and if Grabner and Bernier both find consistency, and if the defense gels, then the Panthers will make the playoffs.

And if If my mother had a shlong she'd be my father.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
And if If my mother had a shlong she'd be my father.
I knew you reminded me of Eric Cartman

Anyway, Clint...WHAT KIND OF PANTHERS FAN ARE YOU WHO QUESTIONS A SEASON BASED ON "WHAT IF"!?!?

You should be used to it by now

07-12-2010, 12:59 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I knew you reminded me of Eric Cartman

Anyway, Clint...WHAT KIND OF PANTHERS FAN ARE YOU WHO QUESTIONS A SEASON BASED ON "WHAT IF"!?!?

You should be used to it by now
The optimistic one?

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
The optimistic one?
I think you're misunderstanding. An optimistic one wouldn't question a season based on "what if?"

But thanks for taking all the humor out of my sarcastic comment at Clint. After all, any joke you have to explain...

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I think you're misunderstanding. An optimistic one wouldn't question a season based on "what if?"

But thanks for taking all the humor out of my sarcastic comment at Clint. After all, any joke you have to explain...
I got it all right, and tried to add to your humor, apparently not too successfully. I meant that the depths of despair we've sunk to needs the most optimist among us to come up with the "what ifs".....well enough I suppose.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Assuming the panthers stink next season, the 2011 offseason should be a good one considering were getting rid of some big ticket players off the books including vokoun, Mccabe, and Stillman which is a total of close to 15 million off the books. I heard next year is a pretty deep pool of free agents. Does anyone know what kind of talent were looking at for next summer FA market?

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 06:32 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Assuming the panthers stink next season, the 2011 offseason should be a good one considering were getting rid of some big ticket players off the books including vokoun, Mccabe, and Stillman which is a total of close to 15 million off the books. I heard next year is a pretty deep pool of free agents. Does anyone know what kind of talent were looking at for next summer FA market?
There are some huge names who could potentially become free agents. Brad Richards and Joe Thornton come to mind.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Every team has a lot of "if's," difference is our team hasn't been in the playoffs for 10 years, so it sucks a lot more.

Old
07-12-2010, 07:42 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
There are some huge names who could potentially become free agents. Brad Richards and Joe Thornton come to mind.
Besides JT and Richards, there is also: Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Andrei Markov, Alex Semin, Tomas Kaberle, Brooks Laich, Mikko Koivu, Shea Weber(RFA), Ed Jovanovski, & Joni Pitkanen.

Could be some HUGE re-tooling next summer and we could be back on the upswing sooner(through FA) rather than later.

TimHortons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 07:51 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Besides JT and Richards, there is also: Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara, Andrei Markov, Alex Semin, Tomas Kaberle, Brooks Laich, Mikko Koivu, Shea Weber(RFA), Ed Jovanovski, & Joni Pitkanen.

Could be some HUGE re-tooling next summer and we could be back on the upswing sooner(through FA) rather than later.
mikko would be number one for me. the prerfect center

FinlandPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:25 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
mikko would be number one for me. the prerfect center
Mikko would be an insane coup. As much as I'd like Weber, it's probably not happening. I'd really like JT & Bergeron on this team. Would be a solid top 6.

Frolik-Thornton-Booth
Bergeron-Weiss-Laich

Frolik and Booth are 30 goal wingers with JT. Bergeron and Laich would do well with Weiss.

Ah the random dreams of a FLA fan.

TimHortons is online now   Reply With Quote