HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers sign Brad Moran

Old
07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
John Hancock

vCash: 500
Well, we were all talking about how we needed a #1 center... Of course, I just assumed we were talking about the NHL.

Seriously, this is a good pickup. This guy is almost a PPG player in the SEL. He'll be on the top line in OKC for sure.

-JH.

John Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
So I should avoid HFOil when ever I PVR something?
Yes.

Did you not get the memo when VCRs appeared in the 80s?

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
Sorry to say, but it's entirely your fault.

Everyone knows that if you have a game on tape, you avoid all media. That especially includes the Intarweb.
Yes.

If someone doesn't want to know the result of a WC semifinal between Germany and Spain I would suggest not going near a TV or radio, especially the internet, wrap your head in tinfoil, plug your ears, don't go outside because it doesn't take long to see flags flying and horns honking.

Most of the time you can tell just walking down the street who won on any given day. Takes minutes.

Not like its a secret for long. You'd have to be blind and deaf not to figure it out on the drive home. In which case it would be a dangerous drive...

So no I never thought of a spoiler for this.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
So I should avoid HFOil when ever I PVR something? Its not like I complained about it in the world cup thread, this is a thread about an AHL signing.
sorry man, it sucks.
but Moo is right. you avoid everything, including the internet. especially the internet.
can't blame the thread.
If you hadn't watched the game and were saving it, stay away from any media whatsoever. you should know that, and yes, you should have avoided HFOil.

but back on topic, our farm team is going to be awesome.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:25 AM
John Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yes.

If someone doesn't want to know the result of a WC semifinal between Germany and Spain I would suggest not going near a TV or radio, especially the internet, wrap your head in tinfoil, plug your ears, don't go outside because it doesn't take long to see flags flying and horns honking.

Most of the time you can tell just walking down the street who won on any given day. Takes minutes.

Not like its a secret for long. You'd have to be blind and deaf not to figure it out on the drive home. In which case it would be a dangerous drive...

Don't all soccer games end 0-0?

John Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hancock View Post
Don't all soccer games end 0-0?
Not quite.

Quote:
"Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins." Gary Lineker
Although this is an England perspective..

Old
07-08-2010, 01:32 AM
HotToddy

Quote:
Yes.

I has this issue when I PVRed the Ghana/US game which I thought was reallly going to be a ripper. Had to attend a birthday party with my youngest so I taped the game and planned it as my evening entertainment

On the way home I put the radio on Sirius Hits One which for those that don't use sat radios is basically a loop of Lady Gaga, Keisha and B.O.B. Kids love it, no sports scores being announced, everybody is happy.

Then the A$$hole 22 year old DJ come on for his one 14 second sound bite per half hour block "Now that the US is out of the World Cup maybe we can get back to not caring about soccer"

I could have drove to New York and cut his tongue out with a lid from a smoked oyster tin.

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 02:03 AM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
For what it's worth, HERE'S the original photoshopped Flames version I made back in 2006 or so.

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 05:38 AM
Copperhead

When do people ever stay completely on topic in a thread? There will always be casual mentions of the days happenings or personal feelings...or anything else that is on your mind.

I personally am grumpy because I went until 11:30 without knowing the result, and then got home to find my Recording had screwed up and taped only 9 minutes (I hate Shaw with a passion).

When I went to watch the game online the first thing I see beside the player is the schedule for upcoming games. ARGH! Stopped watching right then.

On an unrelated note...I am pretty happy with this signing. I would love to see OKC do well this year. Having a team succeed and go deep into the playoffs would do great for the confidence of our prospects and also for the business side of things for our farm team. Plus we might need something hang our hats on when the Oil are bad for another year.

Does anyone know if he is good at the faceoff dot?

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:43 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
When do people ever stay completely on topic in a thread? There will always be casual mentions of the days happenings or personal feelings...or anything else that is on your mind.

I personally am grumpy because I went until 11:30 without knowing the result, and then got home to find my Recording had screwed up and taped only 9 minutes (I hate Shaw with a passion).

When I went to watch the game online the first thing I see beside the player is the schedule for upcoming games. ARGH! Stopped watching right then.

On an unrelated note...I am pretty happy with this signing. I would love to see OKC do well this year. Having a team succeed and go deep into the playoffs would do great for the confidence of our prospects and also for the business side of things for our farm team. Plus we might need something hang our hats on when the Oil are bad for another year.

Does anyone know if he is good at the faceoff dot?
2009/2010 Brad Moran had FO%=53.47 in 950 FO:s in regular SEL season and FO%=54.12 in 194 FO:s in the SEL playoffs.

Very talented guy that works hard in both ends. He played the leading line in SEL and I really can't see him not doing so in the AHL. Of course, he'll hardly become an NHL regular, but still a decent backup center to throw in for a few games in case of injuries for the Oilers.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post

I've never had a problem with Shaw and recording with my PVR. Even gives me the option to record extra time which is helpful in knockout rounds.

Anyway another thing is we all have a different approach to sports. I have no problem watching a game and enjoying it just as much knowing the score and result. Because i appreciate the level of play, skill, and entertainment offered.

In the same way I don't consider it a spoiler to search for a setlist before going to a concert. Actually with the lousy acoustics at Rexall I prefer it that way..
Not challenging with this but games are still worth watching when you know the score. Although I can see how its less dramatic and edge of your seat..

Old
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Top candidate for the OKC captaincy?

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
Excellent pick up. Will help develop some of the younger kids on the farm.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Oilers definitely want to ice a competitive farm club this year.

First Giroux, then speculation that they were Corey Locke's 2nd choice after Ottawa, now Brad Moran.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 08:51 PM
GatoradeG*

Photshops And Pvr Nice Thead But It Needs More Moran!!!

Kick A Playa Hata!!!!!!

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 11:27 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:

Damn it... too slow.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote