HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs [10/11 Season Opener!] Oct. 7, 2010-7PM-CBC

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2010, 09:37 PM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadasTeam50 View Post
yes they remain the same. carried over from the '09 season.
So the crappy ones with no strips @ the bottom?

I don't understand why they didn't change the 3rd this year as well.

I pray that the female jerseys are the same pink crap ones.

It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
Old
10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Collegedude84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
didn't see Cammalleri's slash on Niederreiter until now.

super, super dirty. if he doesn't get a long-ish suspension, something is wrong with the league. sucks since i have him on my fantasy team though.
The NHL wont give out a lenghty suspension, (3-5 games, although I want at least 10). Bettman doesnt give a rat's ass about players being goons/going out there injuring players, what he cares about is the $$$$. If Cammerli sits for a long period of time, some fans wont come to see the habs, which means loss of sales/revenues. Bettman can talk all he wants about "protecting" the players, but really hes only concerned with the bottom line which is making $$$$.

Old
10-03-2010, 10:11 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegedude84 View Post
The NHL wont give out a lenghty suspension, (3-5 games, although I want at least 10). Bettman doesnt give a rat's ass about players being goons/going out there injuring players, what he cares about is the $$$$. If Cammerli sits for a long period of time, some fans wont come to see the habs, which means loss of sales/revenues. Bettman can talk all he wants about "protecting" the players, but really hes only concerned with the bottom line which is making $$$$.
Stopped reading right there.

Old
10-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Debating whether or not I should make an extravagant GDT, or bare-bones.

In need of some good vibes. Just don't know how to get 'em.

Old
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
TMLeafer
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGuru View Post
So the crappy ones with no strips @ the bottom?

I don't understand why they didn't change the 3rd this year as well.

I pray that the female jerseys are the same pink crap ones.
No, the third jersey has stripes. It looks very nice, IMO.

Old
10-03-2010, 10:44 PM
hockeysense*

Quote:
I wish we could bottle up all that stupidity and bury it somewhere before it starts to spread/infect everyone else. I don't know where I'd bury it, but Chernobyl is still a no-go radioactive zone, right?

Old
10-03-2010, 10:46 PM
hockeysense*

I am looking forward to the game though. I'll be downtown with some buddies hopefully, so perhaps I'll have a bit of a reprieve from my studies so I can enjoy a couple of pints and the camaraderie of Leafs fans.

Old
10-03-2010, 10:49 PM
LeafSadist

vCash: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhalloffame View Post
I am looking forward to the game though. I'll be downtown with some buddies hopefully, so perhaps I'll have a bit of a reprieve from my studies so I can enjoy a couple of pints and the camaraderie of Leafs fans.
That's if you can get away from the U of Torture. lol

I never have a good feeling about Leafs season openers, so here's hoping they deviate from the norm and start the season off with a few wins.

Old
10-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Max when you are in australia enjoy the cricket there, because you are going to be there during world cup time. It will be super intense.
I actually like Cricket. I think it is much more strategic to play than Baseball.

I will be in New Zealand, but will vixit Ausi. The team I cant wait to watch is the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team. They have dominated the world for 30 years. No one even comes close. Imagine Football with no gear. And these guys all make Komisarek look small.

Pluses....cricket, rugby, soccer and hockey streamed. Its all good my friend.

Old
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
hockeysense*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafSadist View Post
That's if you can get away from the U of Torture. lol

I never have a good feeling about Leafs season openers, so here's hoping they deviate from the norm and start the season off with a few wins.
Haha, lots of bars in the area though, so I won't stray too far from Robarts if I'm still behind on my readings by then. I'm thinking the Maddy might be a good place to watch the game and socialize, but I'm guessing it'll be packed there =/

Old
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Collegedude84*

Quote:
I wish we could bottle up all that stupidity and bury it somewhere before it starts to spread/infect everyone else. I don't know where I'd bury it, but Chernobyl is still a no-go radioactive zone, right?
Heres a concept buddie, if you dont like what I post, then don't read it, and dont reply to it. There, problem solved.

Old
10-03-2010, 11:05 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Quote:
1 game...2 tops. He's typically a clean player. How did this turn into Bettman...he doesn't take care of the discipline

Old
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
hockeysense*

Quote:
Heres a concept buddie, if you dont like what I post, then don't read it, and dont reply to it. There, problem solved.
Here's a concept: Think about what you're writing before you type it out. Bettman doesn't dole out suspensions, and perhaps you might even learn how to spell Cammalleri. Novel concepts, I know.

Old
10-03-2010, 11:10 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Heres what I expect to happen opening night:

Phaneuf makes a monsterous hit to send a statment to the rest of the league that the leafs and phaneuf will be tough sob's to go up against. He'll make some brutal plays in his own end, but will rectify it with getting his cannon of a shot on net. I think he'll get 2 assists and be a plus 1

The first line (Versteeg-Bozak-Kessel) will be flying out there all night long. Kessel and Versteeg will get a goal each.

The 2nd line I'm not expecting much out of

3rd line: Armstrong will lay out some sick hits

4th line: Orr/Brown will be mixing it up all night long. Orr should at least get 1 fight in.

Giguere I expect will be solid and make the key saves, none will be spectular.

In the end 3-2 OT Win for us.

One thing I forgot to add I hope to god Cammereli is not in the game. That dude deserves a very long suspension for what he did the other night (not only did he full on swing the stick at the guy's throat, he also 2 handed him in the ankle, likely fracturing it). If the NHL doesnt give him a min 10 game suspension, then I'll be shocked.

I think you should be prepared to be shocked if you expect a minimum 10 game suspension for that play considering some of the crap the NHL as let go in the past... IE..Richards and Cooke headshot hits.. BTW Nino seemingly only suffered a bruise from the slash according to the reports last night..

Anyway to the rest of you guys and gals good luck on the season... Even though it pains me to say this I think the Leafs will win on Thursday and I think they will surprise many this season and be in contention for a playoff spot right til the end..

Here's to a good game on Thursday..

Old
10-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Collegedude84*

Quote:
Here's a concept: Think about what you're writing before you type it out. Bettman doesn't dole out suspensions, and perhaps you might even learn how to spell Cammalleri. Novel concepts, I know.
Heres a concept for you: Even though he doesnt dish out the punishments, he still has the final say in the matter. Again, if you dont like what I post thats fine, your entitled to your opinon, but save yourself the time and stop replying to my posts if it irks you that much.

Old
10-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Collegedude84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I think you should be prepared to be shocked if you expect a minimum 10 game suspension for that play considering some of the crap the NHL as let go in the past... IE..Richards and Cooke headshot hits.. BTW Nino seemingly only suffered a bruise from the slash according to the reports last night..

Chances are your right I will be shocked, and the league wont give out a 10 game suspension. But c'mon man that play was disgusting, even as a habs fan I'd hope you be able to recoginze that. There's no place in the game for swinging a guys stick at another player's throat, and theres no place in the game for turning around and slashing the guy in the ankle. Not only was it gutless, but it was downright dangerous. I get that Cammareli was pissed about the head shot, but he should have been a MAN and gone after him by dropping the gloves, not by being a coward about it.

Anyway to the rest of you guys and gals good luck on the season... Even though it pains me to say this I think the Leafs will win on Thursday and I think they will surprise many this season and be in contention for a playoff spot right til the end..

Agreed. Cheers.

Old
10-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:

Good post...and thanks.

Old
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
neoen

I'll be very suprised if hes suspended. Wasnt really that bad, the in-game penalty served its purpose.

Old
10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Collegedude84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoen View Post
I'll be very suprised if hes suspended. Wasnt really that bad, the in-game penalty served its purpose.
Wasnt that bad? The guy full on swung his stick at the guys throat, then he turns around and wacks him in the back of the leg with a solid 2hander. Yea I'd say it was pretty bad.

Old
10-03-2010, 11:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoen View Post
I expect he will receive a 1-2 game suspension since he as a hearing but like you I wouldn't be surprised if he got nothing except maybe a fine either.. With the NHL though you can never tell when it comes to disciplinary action since it is so inconsistent in it's rulings...

Old
10-03-2010, 11:58 PM
TMLeafer
--------------------

Quote:
Wasnt that bad? The guy full on swung his stick at the guys throat, then he turns around and wacks him in the back of the leg with a solid 2hander. Yea I'd say it was pretty bad.
You forgot to mention he's arrogant and cocky and thinks he's the best player in the world.

I don't think we'll see a suspension. He has no past history from what I know. Stupid series of events on his part, for sure, but we'll see.

Old
10-04-2010, 12:11 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
He's got no history of this, I'd be surprised if Cammi gets more than a game if that.

Old
10-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

Good post, here's to thursday night hab-leaf hockey game.

Old
10-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
He's got no history of this, I'd be surprised if Cammi gets more than a game if that.
1-2 max game suspension.

Old
10-04-2010, 12:21 AM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Well history has to start somewhere. But think he should get a few games at least. You can't go and say it's fine to take a few swings at the guy like that. It won't kill him to miss a few games.

Think he should get 5, but I'd be amazed if he got more than 1. NHL really does jump around when it comes to suspensions. The fact that it was a skilled player that did it combined with not doing it often makes it hard to believe they'd give more than a game.

Anyways looking forward to this game. Can finally get the season going.

Closed Thread