HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skate advice

Old
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Missionhockey

vCash: 500
Skate advice

Right now I have Bauer One50s. They serve me well although they are a little wobbly sometimes. I got them sharpened before my game last night and the guy who sharpened them gave me a lecture about how I needed better skates. He said that the One50s were for beginners/D level competitors. I'm no Sidney Crosby, but I'm probably an above average B level player. This guy told me that my skates should be in the $350 range.

I'm starting to consider it, but I would like some advice before I invest that kind of money. I don't really pay attention to new gear except for hockey sticks. I'd also like to stick with bauer since the pair I have now is pretty comfortable.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
bp spec

If you're in to Bauer gear, the X:40's fits in to your price range. Rather good skate.But because you're using the One50's now, maybe the new One70's or the 80's could fit you well, because there is a difference between the Vapor and Supreme line.

Otherwise I'm sure you can find som older Bauer top end skates on several sales. The xxxx for example, you can get the one95 for a quite nice price too. If you're willing to give up 40-50 extra dollars.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Lario Melieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey View Post
Right now I have Bauer One50s. They serve me well although they are a little wobbly sometimes. I got them sharpened before my game last night and the guy who sharpened them gave me a lecture about how I needed better skates. He said that the One50s were for beginners/D level competitors. I'm no Sidney Crosby, but I'm probably an above average B level player. This guy told me that my skates should be in the $350 range.

I'm starting to consider it, but I would like some advice before I invest that kind of money. I don't really pay attention to new gear except for hockey sticks. I'd also like to stick with bauer since the pair I have now is pretty comfortable.
If the guy has never seen you skate, and if he owns the shop, he's probably just trying to sell you a pair of skates.

How long have you been skating/playing???

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lario Melieux View Post
If the guy has never seen you skate, and if he owns the shop, he's probably just trying to sell you a pair of skates.

How long have you been skating/playing???
I've been playing since I was 10, I'm 22 now. He actually has seen me skate, I got kicked fighting his team last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer View Post
If you're in to Bauer gear, the X:40's fits in to your price range. Rather good skate.But because you're using the One50's now, maybe the new One70's or the 80's could fit you well, because there is a difference between the Vapor and Supreme line.

Otherwise I'm sure you can find som older Bauer top end skates on several sales. The xxxx for example, you can get the one95 for a quite nice price too. If you're willing to give up 40-50 extra dollars.
I was looking at the One70. I'm not looking to spend $500 on a pair of skates and I would like to stay with the Supreme line. I just wanted to see what other people thought about the skate before I bought it.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Badger36

Only you can really know what you need from your skates. Id also agree about being suspicious of someone at the rink trying to talk you into buying a new pair of skates.
Id also advise you to be more open to different brands when looking at new skates. I used to be all about Bauer, but recently bought a new pair of CCMs because they fit me better than Bauers did.

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote