HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

SKA St. Petersburg forward Igor Misko dead at 23

Old
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
kmillzy5

vCash: 500
SKA St. Petersburg forward Igor Misko dead at 23

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...ash=42f987a67c

23, way too young. RIP

Last edited by kmillzy5: 07-08-2010 at 01:24 PM.
kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 03:12 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
So, Cherepanov and now him. Jiri Fischer amazingly brought back to life behind the bench.

As someone with a murmur/irregular heart beat, my parents knew about it from birth. I knew about it the minute I was old enough to understand what it was. Mine isn't severe, but my body CAN make me aware of it.

Obviously we don't know yet whether this Misko had a pre-existing condition that was un/misdiagnosed. Fischer has it, and it was shown in the autopsy that Cherepanov had a heart condition. Still, there really isn't anything natural about a 23 year old kid dropping dead from a heart attack. He either had a severe condition he wasn't treating, or he was doing something detrimental to his life and he paid for it.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
they claim his medical record is/was clear...sad to see young kids go, but I wouldn't be surprised of some form of juicing, he was a border - line regular fighting for his spot.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
AStammer7*

Isn't It A Coinsidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
they claim his medical record is/was clear...sad to see young kids go, but I wouldn't be surprised of some form of juicing, he was a border - line regular fighting for his spot.
Another kid bites the dust! This is a hockey player that probably was in peak condition! There have been way too many of these things being reported. It just goes to show that sports is in trouble with drug use and abuse!

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 07:02 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
So, Cherepanov and now him. Jiri Fischer amazingly brought back to life behind the bench.

As someone with a murmur/irregular heart beat, my parents knew about it from birth. I knew about it the minute I was old enough to understand what it was. Mine isn't severe, but my body CAN make me aware of it.

Obviously we don't know yet whether this Misko had a pre-existing condition that was un/misdiagnosed. Fischer has it, and it was shown in the autopsy that Cherepanov had a heart condition. Still, there really isn't anything natural about a 23 year old kid dropping dead from a heart attack. He either had a severe condition he wasn't treating, or he was doing something detrimental to his life and he paid for it.
You do know things like blood clots can come loose and lodge in your veins or some heart conditions can be virtually undetectable, right?

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
VladNYC

This ****ing sucks! A healthy young man dies out of nowhere. Remember things like this when people complain about some one wanting to be paid well for this sport.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote