HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2nd Annual HF Chat Mock Draft - RESULTS!

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
2nd Annual HF Chat Mock Draft - RESULTS!

Hell of a day today. Took 3 hours, longer than I expected, but oh well. Here are the results:

http://draft.degroat.net/

Old
05-23-2004, 06:08 PM
rangers

All I can say is..I`m glad Sather is our GM and not ES!

Old
05-23-2004, 06:30 PM
nomorekids
The original, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
All I can say is..I`m glad Sather is our GM and not ES!

i was just thinknig, "who in their right mind would give up scott hartnell and a swap of firsts just to move up to sixth?"

i'd be pleased with ES, if i were you

05-23-2004, 06:37 PM
NYIschremp44

just wondering, anyone have a link to last years?

Old
05-23-2004, 07:30 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
This...this was crap for Minnesota.

Old
05-23-2004, 07:32 PM
glenjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
This...this was crap for Minnesota.
Well, they got the best goalie, but they already had no need for a goalie and would have to trade. I would have drafted (and was thinking at the time) Wolski or Stafford.

Old
05-23-2004, 07:34 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Exactly Glen, you know the system better then anyone. Minnesota doesn't need defensemen or goaltenders in the top rounds.

Old
05-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Montoya!?!?!?!?!

Come... not with Oulette and Gherson still in the system.

maybe, but i doubt it.

Old
05-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Did anyone from the Pens end up showing after I left? Just curious.

Old
05-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Darcy Wakaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Montoya!?!?!?!?!

maybe, but i doubt it.
Washington also dealt two of their finer goaltending prospects in the system, sending Stana to L.A. and Daigneault to Colorado. IMO, Montoya > Gherson and since they had four first rounder, using one for a goaltender isn't that bad an idea. Especially when Montoya was probably the best player available in the draft at 22nd.

Old
05-23-2004, 08:46 PM
tripledekehockey

Send a message via ICQ to tripledekehockey Send a message via AIM to tripledekehockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens4ever
Did anyone from the Pens end up showing after I left? Just curious.
i would definately have to question both of the second round picks especially the #31 pick with kaspar, etc available.

funk is ok, but seeing how deep the pens system is in defenseman, i would still like to see another forward taken here and wait for a dman until the third round (although Andy Rodgers would have been a nice steal here)

Old
05-23-2004, 08:46 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Montoya!?!?!?!?!

maybe, but i doubt it.
It doesnt look like Gehrson is going to be signed so it will be Kolzig, Ouellet, and Montoya.

Old
05-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Darcy Wakaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripledekehockey
i would definately have to question both of the second round picks
No one from the Pens showed up after, so both of their picks were done by consensus. Salomonsson was very highly rated before coming down with his injury, so he might pan out good. As for Michael Funk, well, it was late in the draft and people weren't taking the whole "democratic vote" thing as seriously. If I was Pittsburgh, I'd have probably taken Tesliuk, but Funk isn't a bad leave.

Old
05-23-2004, 08:58 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I'm going to strangle both Ruutu and Rinkrat whenever I find them...

Old
05-23-2004, 09:05 PM
tripledekehockey

Send a message via ICQ to tripledekehockey Send a message via AIM to tripledekehockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Wakaluk
No one from the Pens showed up after, so both of their picks were done by consensus. Salomonsson was very highly rated before coming down with his injury, so he might pan out good. As for Michael Funk, well, it was late in the draft and people weren't taking the whole "democratic vote" thing as seriously. If I was Pittsburgh, I'd have probably taken Tesliuk, but Funk isn't a bad leave.
i have a read a decent amount about salomonsson and didnt mean to take anything away from his talent, but IMO, i would have taken one of a couple players that were taken behind him, no big deal though

forgot about Tseliuk and seeing how he was taken right after funk, tseliuk would have been a steal there too considering he is projected in the top half of the second round

Old
05-23-2004, 09:11 PM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Minny takes Schwarz? Hey, whoever was the Minny GM here, do you know who Josh Harding is?

Also, sorry I missed the draft. I was at the lake, and though I expected to be home for the draft, alcohol and it's effects prevented that.

But, whoever made the picks, why Zajac over Shultz, Tesliuk, and McGrath? I haven't heard anything on Zajac, so maybe that's a good pick, but someone like McGrath would've fit well in the organization.

BTW, what position does Zajac play? And is he a more offensive type, or defensive.

Old
05-23-2004, 09:18 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Zajac I believe is a center, can't say if he's offensive or a defensive forward...

Hehehe I know Ducks! I know...GRRRR

Old
05-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i was just thinknig, "who in their right mind would give up scott hartnell and a swap of firsts just to move up to sixth?"

i'd be pleased with ES, if i were you
The only reason I made that move, is because of Hartnell's already had 2 or so concussions in his first 3 years, and thats a bit alarming to me.

Old
05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
nomorekids
The original, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
The only reason I made that move, is because of Hartnell's already had 2 or so concussions in his first 3 years, and thats a bit alarming to me.

and he's also shown signs of being our top scorers. the concussions weren't the product of run-of-the-mill hits. one...he had his head smashed into a post by Reed Low...two...he was kneed in th ehead...then had his head crushed against the boards by Vishnevski. It's basically...trading a proven sixth overall...for an unproven sixth in a pretty weak draft.

Old
05-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Slats432

Edmonton coming out of the draft with Radulov, Bolland, Dubnyk and Schultz is a very fine draft indeed.

Old
05-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Hell of a day today. Took 3 hours, longer than I expected, but oh well. Here are the results:

http://draft.degroat.net/
I can live with Smid in the first round for the Blues, but in the second, I think I'd have gone with Shantz or Dave Brown instead of McGrath. I know McGrath is supposed to be all that and a bag o' chips, but if that's the case, why does CSS rank him 36th in North America?

If I were taking a forward, I'd have gone with Juraj Gracik or Zdenek Bahensky. The Blues have enough undersized forwards already; the 5-11, 175-pound McGrath isn't an answer to their forward needs, IMO.

PrussianBlue

Old
05-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Captain Conservative

I really don't like the trades or players drafted. I wouldn't attempt to get the LA pick unless Thelen, O'Neill or Schremp is on the table. I also wouldn't have traded up to 22 just to pick Montoya...I don't think he's all that much better of a prospect than Daigneault to be frank. Why trade away two great goaltending prospects and pick one who is less developed?? With the way the draft order went down, I just would have kept our picks and selected Ovechkin, Fransson, Lyamin, Tesliuk and Ogorodinikov.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
Edmonton coming out of the draft with Radulov, Bolland, Dubnyk and Schultz is a very fine draft indeed.

Don't forget hartnell *laughs*. Man, if the actual draft goes down like that, edmonton fans are gonna have the biggest party of all time.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Darcy Wakaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
I'd say Edmonton and Vancouver came out of the mock draft in the best shape. Edmonton had the leg up when it came to picks, and Vancouver made some great additions to their team by trading picks. The Washington team did a good job of orchestrating trades, but I agree with the Captain, I would have taken Tesliuk over Fistric.

Old
05-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Minny takes Schwarz? Hey, whoever was the Minny GM here, do you know who Josh Harding is?

Also, sorry I missed the draft. I was at the lake, and though I expected to be home for the draft, alcohol and it's effects prevented that.

But, whoever made the picks, why Zajac over Shultz, Tesliuk, and McGrath? I haven't heard anything on Zajac, so maybe that's a good pick, but someone like McGrath would've fit well in the organization.

BTW, what position does Zajac play? And is he a more offensive type, or defensive.
I made the picks for the Ducks. I knew O'Neill is a defineite defensive need for us so I picked him. I wasnt too sure on the 2nd round pick, Zajac plays center and I was deciding between a few people, saw he was rated high in the CSB rankings so i went with him. I didnt really have that much time to do research, I was kinda thrown into the draft since none of you were there and they knew I was a Ducks fan. I was there to watch, didnt expect to be picking.

Closed Thread