HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wsh-Cgy

Old
09-17-2010, 07:38 PM
KesselIsUnreal*

vCash: 500
Wsh-Cgy

Robyn Regehr
Greg Nemisz
2nd Round Draft Pick

Alexander Semin

KesselIsUnreal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:40 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Isn't Calgary already over the cap?

Regehr, Kotalik, 1st for Semin

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 07:52 PM
eXplosivecamel

No from Calgary. I'm not downplaying Semin, cause I know he is a 40 goal scorer, but Regehr is one of the top shutdown D-men in the league

eXplosivecamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Kritty

No thanks, the Caps can keep Semin. He's got KHL written all over him at some point. I'd rather deal that package for a younger, up and coming talent. The only guy I would want from Washington is Fehr and I wouldn't overpay to get him.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:27 PM
txpd

Caps won't trade Semin. Period. They plan on keeping him as far as anyone can tell.
On the other hand is not Regehr one of several top dollar top 4 defensemen in Calgary? Dont they have more then 4 top 4 guys?

Looking at the way the salary caps works, the guy you want to trade is often not a guy that you can trade. You either trade no one and live with it or trade someone else.

The problem is Bowmeester, but you cant trade him

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:33 PM
alexthekidd

vCash: 50
Honestly OP, you should stop trying to make trade proposals involving the Caps. I don't think I've seen a good one yet and this is no exception.

Semin remains a Cap and will either be extended or let go at the end of the season. I'm expecting the former.

alexthekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
I wouldn't do Regehr for Semin straight up. Adding Nemisz and a second-rounder just makes it laughably lopsided.

Please never propose a trade again.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Flamefan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthekidd View Post
Honestly OP, you should stop trying to make trade proposals involving the Caps. I don't think I've seen a good one yet and this is no exception.

Semin remains a Cap and will either be extended or let go at the end of the season. I'm expecting the former.
Cory sarich could be had for a 3rd + mid-tier prospect

Flamefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 08:59 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I wouldn't do Regehr for Semin straight up. Adding Nemisz and a second-rounder just makes it laughably lopsided.

Please never propose a trade again.
Semin probably has more league-wide valuable than Regher. Not Niemsz and a 2nd difference, but more than a small margin. It's not THAT bad.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselIsUnreal View Post

Robyn Regehr
Greg Nemisz
2nd Round Draft Pick

Alexander Semin
Counter offer:

Regehr + Kotalik

for

Semin

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:10 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
Counter offer:

Regehr + Kotalik

for

Semin
Actually this makes sense. Kotalik has talent, and he could flourish and score 25+ goals next to a Backstrom or on the powerplay. Regher gives the Caps a desperately needed shutdown dman. They pass, but it could work IMO.

Old
09-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen93 View Post
Semin probably has more league-wide valuable than Regher. Not Niemsz and a 2nd difference, but more than a small margin. It's not THAT bad.
It is when the team he's being moved to is already $2.3 million over the cap. Subtracting Regehr and adding Semin would put them $4.3 million in the hole, which would almost force Sutter to move somewhat-valuable assets for next to nothing in order to get under the cap.

Add to that the fact that Semin would almost be a guarantee to bolt after this season, and you'll see why I think this proposal is ridiculous.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 09:14 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
It is when the team he's being moved to is already $2.3 million over the cap. Subtracting Regehr and adding Semin would put them $4.3 million in the hole, which would almost force Sutter to move somewhat-valuable assets for next to nothing in order to get under the cap.

Add to that the fact that Semin would almost be a guarantee to bolt after this season, and you'll see why I think this proposal is ridiculous.
And you know this how....?

Old
09-17-2010, 09:50 PM
txpd

Semin likes to smile. Smiling is against team Sutter policy, right? We ARE talking about a player that picked up the puck once and threw it at the net. He has a sense of humor.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Caps won't trade Semin. Period. They plan on keeping him as far as anyone can tell.
On the other hand is not Regehr one of several top dollar top 4 defensemen in Calgary? Dont they have more then 4 top 4 guys?

Looking at the way the salary caps works, the guy you want to trade is often not a guy that you can trade. You either trade no one and live with it or trade someone else.

The problem is Bowmeester, but you cant trade him
Actually if they tried to trade JBO I have no doubt they could quite easily, contract and all. Far too many people who only look at stats and don't even know the whole story behind a player. JBO improved his defensive game significantly last year. Just wait and see how he plays this year. You'll see the JBO of old now that he's had a year to get accustomed to the change.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
Actually if they tried to trade JBO I have no doubt they could quite easily, contract and all. Far too many people who only look at stats and don't even know the whole story behind a player. JBO improved his defensive game significantly last year. Just wait and see how he plays this year. You'll see the JBO of old now that he's had a year to get accustomed to the change.
A buddy of mine knows him very well and said he told him that he was trying so hard to buy into the new system that he forgot to play his own game last year...he said this year "don't even think about leaving me out of your office pool"

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 03:45 AM
GCM
Stork

One year of Semin is worth Calgary's #1A d-man, CGY's top prospect and a pick?

lol WUT

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Dr Quincy

This deal is terrible for the Flames. Give away their best prospect, give away their best defensive D, and worsen their already bad cap situation (which will force them to move another good D) for a 1 year rental of a soft playoff disappearing F??

Brutal.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 09:39 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Regehr for Semin is arguably an overpayment. Semin is all about the money and he isn't worth the contract he has right now. He ran back to Russia once, he'll do it again when negotiations don't go his way. No interest in a guy one year from the KHL.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Whalen View Post
Regehr for Semin is arguably an overpayment. Semin is all about the money and he isn't worth the contract he has right now. He ran back to Russia once, he'll do it again when negotiations don't go his way. No interest in a guy one year from the KHL.
An assumption + a falsity = awesome post!

Really, you think Semin isn't worth $6m for one year?

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Lunatik*

I don't see the Flames doing this, 1 year of Semin is not worth 3 years of Regehr as well as one of our top prosepects and a pick... take out the pick & Nemisz and add conditional pick(s) to either side then maybe it starts making sense

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 10:39 AM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Whalen View Post
Again, how do you know this? Why are people making up ******** assumptions to prove a point.

6 mil for a 40 goal scorer is not overpayment.

Old
09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzen93 View Post
Again, how do you know this? Why are people making up ******** assumptions to prove a point.

6 mil for a 40 goal scorer is not overpayment.
its what he does, you are best served just ignoring him

Semin is worth his pay if you look at it that simply... but because he deserves that salary does not mean a team can absorb it, nor does it mean its a better deal to the team than Regehr's salary

IMO 3 years of Regehr @ $4 million is more valuable than Semin for one year @ $6 million

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
An assumption + a falsity = awesome post!

Really, you think Semin isn't worth $6m for one year?
No, I don't. He's in a perfect situation in Washington where he can be the second fiddle and score big points. Move him to another team where he's going to be expected to be the go-to guy, and I believe he wilts under the pressure. He's not a game breaker. Taking on Semin is all risk, unless you have another Ovechkin to play behind, and you know Semin will produce.

Let's put it to you this way. You trade for Semin and use us a great asset to get the guy. He comes in and performs to the level you expect and hits 40 goals. Great, but then you have to sign him, and there is no guarantee of that, or that he'll be reasonable in his expectations. Odds are that he will demand well north of the $6 million he's currently signed for. If you aren't willing to buck up for the new, more expensive contract, he's gone and you have nothing. If he comes in and plays below those 40 goal expectations you are not going to re-up the guy for the same as what he's paid right now, so you let him go or he walks, and you have nothing. There is too much risk involved with the guy.

Those who don't believe he's a flight risk are kidding themselves. The guy has run home to Russia once already, and there is plenty of money in Russia for big name Russians. I don't think he's like Ovechkin and thinks the NHL is the only option for players of his caliber. Semin will go where the dollars are the greenest. He's done it once, he'll do it again.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2010, 12:45 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

vCash: 93
Sorry we already have Iginla at RW. And playing him on the 2nd line wouldn't get as much production out of him/ I also think he would only be a 30-30 man here in Calgary (no Backstrom or Ovy).

I don't think the Caps would do this either

LightningBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote