HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

1st overall pick

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2004, 11:54 PM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
What exactly is incorrect with my comments?

Also, I suggest you take a look at this thread...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...ght=kastsitsyn

... I have no problem with Montreal prospects or players.
I suggest you take a look at this thread: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...3&page=2&pp=15

Quote:
Buffalo.

Why?

Toronto - My team.

Boston - Great fans... great hockey town... very respectable history... original 6 team... great place to watch a game... strong team... Patrice Bergeron.

Ottawa - One of my favourite teams... great captain... great owner... great drafting.

Montreal - Devoted fans (even if they're as dumb as a brick house)... great captain... amazing history... amazing city... great passion.

Buffalo - Meh.
That is just one example of what is wrong with your comments. You make all these generalizations and you are so fast to harp on Habs fans for anything. Do you not see how these comments are trollish? So by saying that Kastsitsyn would be "tearing it up in the CHL if he were playing here" in that thread you used as an example you are implying that you aren't acting as a troll by giving a Hab prospect a compliment? If that is right, then it is a pretty weak argument because I can say the same about Steen. I think he has a lot of potential, yet when do you see me on the leafs board ripping into their fans for being optimistic about his future?

Old
05-29-2004, 12:37 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I suggest you take a look at this thread: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...3&page=2&pp=15

That is just one example of what is wrong with your comments. You make all these generalizations and you are so fast to harp on Habs fans for anything. Do you not see how these comments are trollish? So by saying that Kastsitsyn would be "tearing it up in the CHL if he were playing here" in that thread you used as an example you are implying that you aren't acting as a troll by giving a Hab prospect a compliment? If that is right, then it is a pretty weak argument because I can say the same about Steen. I think he has a lot of potential, yet when do you see me on the leafs board ripping into their fans for being optimistic about his future?
That brick house comment was obviously made in jest... it's unfortunately you can't see that.

I have no appologies. I have done nothing wrong on the Habs board... especially when there are often people (Canadiens fans) who actually do agree with me.

Old
05-29-2004, 02:12 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
If it were just "some" Hab fans, I would have used "some".

But it seems that it's a majority of Canadiens fans.

Oh but it isn't, some hab fans think Komisarek wil be nothing more than a 5-6 dman, I have seen it. Some think he has top four potential, some think he could be a top two dman, some think he will be a sure fire allstar. We could do the same for Kastsitsyn. To say that most hab fans think Kastsitsyn or Komisarek are going to be sure fire allstars, bonafide franchise players is utterly stupid and ignorant. Generalizing is often easy, and like myths, are easy truths for idiots.

Old
05-29-2004, 08:26 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
What exactly is incorrect with my comments?

Is there something wrong with comparing Steen's style of hockey to Alfredsson, Brind'Amour, or Doan when I've been told by regular viewers of Alex that those are very close comparisons?

There is nothing wrong with hyping your teams prospects, but the impression I get from a lot of Hab fans is that Kastsitsyn is a sure thing on the #1 line for the Habs.

Also, I suggest you take a look at this thread...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...ght=kastsitsyn

... I have no problem with Montreal prospects or players.
Thats Top 6? That is Top 3 and Star potential if ak me...and you don't over rate your prospects!
EDIT* Aren't those strong suggestions on your part that Steen will be a #1 line forward and the sure thing?

We are going on scouting and media hype on Kastsitsyn as much as you are going on second hand info of Steen. Plus all Swedes build up their players as the best out there, so how do we know your getting a true report??? If he was the package Doan is he would be in Leafland already.

Isn't Coliacovo the second coming of Salming???

I've seen past threads about the Leafs fans raving over Westwood, White and others and it is a high praise. You over rate or wish the best for your team as any other, so don't say it is just us Habs fans.

Last edited by RE-HABS: 05-29-2004 at 08:30 AM.
Old
05-29-2004, 08:53 AM
RE-HABS

You gotta feel sorry for Leaf fans anyway because they are brainwashed by idiots in their local media like Steve Simmons, Al Strachan and numerous others and not to mention all the ex-Leaf commentators and radio jockeys.

Look at this article, and Leafs don't overrated players?

TITLE: Nolan brings Leafs closer to the Cup

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030306/col_simmons-sun.html

Funny as hell, considering Nolan has been nothing more than a cash burden and a total injury flop.

McCauley, Boyes (Boyes then traded to Bruins for Jillison and Jillison went to Sabres for Curtis Brown and a draft pick) & a 1st rounder (Steve Bernier) for Nolan!
Would Pat Quinn do that one over again? Probably, he hates to develop kids and loves over paid and old players on the decline. Thats why he ain't the GM anymore.

Last edited by RE-HABS: 05-29-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old
05-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Oh but it isn't, some hab fans think Komisarek wil be nothing more than a 5-6 dman, I have seen it. Some think he has top four potential, some think he could be a top two dman, some think he will be a sure fire allstar. We could do the same for Kastsitsyn. To say that most hab fans think Kastsitsyn or Komisarek are going to be sure fire allstars, bonafide franchise players is utterly stupid and ignorant. Generalizing is often easy, and like myths, are easy truths for idiots.
Why the venom? I think he's more or less right. Generally, Habs fans on these boards think really, very highly of Kastsitsyn. Frequently in the "What is next year's lineup" threads he appears on the top line, alongside Koivu and Kovalev. He almost always is projected to be one of the Habs top scorers within the next few years. He has been compared to Mogilny plus Bure, but with more grit. Most seem to go overboard for a kid who has only dominated a bunch of adolescent hockey players who aren't the best in the world. I share his perception of the general opinion of Kastsitsyn on these boards.

Old
05-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
Why the venom? I think he's more or less right. Generally, Habs fans on these boards think really, very highly of Kastsitsyn. Frequently in the "What is next year's lineup" threads he appears on the top line, alongside Koivu and Kovalev. He almost always is projected to be one of the Habs top scorers within the next few years. He has been compared to Mogilny plus Bure, but with more grit. Most seem to go overboard for a kid who has only dominated a bunch of adolescent hockey players who aren't the best in the world. I share his perception of the general opinion of Kastsitsyn on these boards.

Most fans don't consider Kastsitsyn a gaurenteed surefire, bonafide franchise, stud winger something the poster seems to think that majority hab fans think. There are tons of varying opinions about him, but I think more see him as a potential top six forward then anything. A dozen posters on the habs board doesn't make the majority.

As for venom, this guy has consistently generalized hab fans. He comes here and trolls around, gives his holier than thou attitude, tells us how leaf fans and him in perticular have no bias.

Old
05-29-2004, 07:17 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
As for venom, this guy has consistently generalized hab fans. He comes here and trolls around, gives his holier than thou attitude, tells us how leaf fans and him in perticular have no bias.
There's no "holier than thou" attitude here.

And I've never said Leaf fans aren't bias... it's that we are bias, but so are the fans of 29 other teams... including Montreal.

Closed Thread