HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stores That Sell HARD Inline Wheels

Old
07-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Orange Crush 89

vCash: 500
Stores That Sell HARD Inline Wheels

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good, well-priced, online stores that sell hard (88a) inline wheels. I like using Yak Slap wheels. I used to have a site I could get them for about $4 a piece but now the cheapest I know of is $5.50. I was wondering if anyone knew of any comparable wheels at good prices. Thanks.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 12:49 AM
salty justice

InlineWarehouse.com guarantees lowest prices and usually has free shipping deals going on.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/AdvSe...TREET&x=61&y=6

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
What sizes are you looking for 80x4, 72x4 or something for a straight chasis.......? Reason I ask is that I haven't ever seen traditional hilo chassis wheel sizes sold in that durometer. I know there are a lot of aggressive wheels that hard. What are you skating on?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

I've heard good things about the Labeda Asphalt's and the Hyper 250's but never used them personally because they are always too pricey. I'd rather burn through two sets of cheaper ones.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
What sizes are you looking for 80x4, 72x4 or something for a straight chasis.......? Reason I ask is that I haven't ever seen traditional hilo chassis wheel sizes sold in that durometer. I know there are a lot of aggressive wheels that hard. What are you skating on?
I'm looking for 80mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budster View Post
I've heard good things about the Labeda Asphalt's and the Hyper 250's but never used them personally because they are always too pricey. I'd rather burn through two sets of cheaper ones.
I've used the Labeda Asphalt's before, but from what I remember they're 84a hardness. I currently use Yak Slap (at 88a) but they're not as cheap as they used to be. I had found a site a couple years ago that sold them around $4 a piece, but the cheapest I've found recently is $5.50.

Old
07-13-2010, 07:30 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
I'm looking for 80mm.

I've used the Labeda Asphalt's before, but from what I remember they're 84a hardness. I currently use Yak Slap (at 88a) but they're not as cheap as they used to be. I had found a site a couple years ago that sold them around $4 a piece, but the cheapest I've found recently is $5.50.
What kind of surface are you playing on?

88A is pretty damn hard in terms of durometer... Didn't even know they went that high.... I've been using Labeda Asphalt Gripper's for the past 2 years and have been pretty happy... I recently started playing on a newly built rink with an incredibly smooth asphalt surface, so I've found that the 84A Labeda Asphalt's are too hard and causing me to slide around too much when I stop short, not enough traction.... My plan when I resume playing was to switch back to the Hyper NHL Pro 250's and opt for the slightly softer 82A (Yellow) as opposed to the 84A (Orange)....

BTW I do all my shopping at inlinewarehouse.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by budster View Post

I use both of those wheels and am happy.... Price is okay and I get good use out of them...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What kind of surface are you playing on?

88A is pretty damn hard in terms of durometer... Didn't even know they went that high.... I've been using Labeda Asphalt Gripper's for the past 2 years and have been pretty happy... I recently started playing on a newly built rink with an incredibly smooth asphalt surface, so I've found that the 84A Labeda Asphalt's are too hard and causing me to slide around too much when I stop short, not enough traction.... My plan when I resume playing was to switch back to the Hyper NHL Pro 250's and opt for the slightly softer 82A (Yellow) as opposed to the 84A (Orange)....

BTW I do all my shopping at inlinewarehouse.com

I use both of those wheels and am happy.... Price is okay and I get good use out of them...
http://www.yakresearch.com/80mmx88ayakslap.html

Those are the ones I use (unfortunately that is a wholesale price and I don't want to spend $300 on a ten year supply lol). I play on a pretty good asphalt surface as well (paved less than a year ago) but I've never had slippage problems (outside of sand in the corners when the rink isn't blown out). I don't know how much weight would play an issue, though I'm not "heavy" at about 190. The Labeda used to be all I used, and I liked them, but once I found the Yak Slap every time I try to go back to Labeda I feel like I stick too much.

Old
07-14-2010, 11:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Well, 84A is the hardest I've seen on the websites that I purchase wheels at... I would recommend trying the Labeda Asphalt Grippers or the Hyper NHL PRO 250's.... Here are pictures of the rink that I play at... Someone who coaches a local Junior team that utilizes this rink told me that the town spent $250K on the construction... Unfortunately they left basketball hoops up and it's overrun by basketball players during the summer, but it's MONEY for pick-up hockey during the remainder of the year:

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote