HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers acquire Steve Eminger

Old
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex444 View Post
voros brought energy and played his ass off every night- he is one of very few players who do that on this team- id rather have him as an extra player than this soft d-man we traded him for
Voros was a punching bag on skates. aside from the half dozen goals that he scored off his skate, head and elbow he was worthless.
couldn't fight, couldn't hit, couldn't skate, couldn't score...

he'll be easily replaced.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
voros brought energy and played his ass off every night- he is one of very few players who do that on this team- id rather have him as an extra player than this soft d-man we traded him for
Voros sucked. Please played his ass off? Took 2 dumb lazy penalties a game and go beat up in a fight. Before it came out that he was hanks man ***** all of you hated him. Voros is a dime a dozen and if you think he played his ass off Byers and Weise will be Gordie Howe in your eyes

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:05 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Rozsival is at the least serviceable and only has 2 years left on his contract. I doubt it.
Rozy's enormous cap hit, yet affordable salary in the final two years of his contract is the reason why he might be attractive to salary floor teams and therefore could be traded. A lot of teams that lost out on the main UFAs are looking for top 4 D-men and Rozy fits that bill. Pray that Sather can unload his cap hit and we can get even younger.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
agreed. why not get sheldon brookbank instead, at least he wont stand there if lundqvist gets run. rangers get softer on defense

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Reijo R

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
MZA - makes it easy
Anyone remember the Japanese metal band Loudness? They made a minor splash in 1985 with the song "Crazy Nights" and there was a repeated chant in that song:

M-Z-A! (look it up on YouTube)

The lead singer finally admitted a few years back that the MZA didn't stand for anything and that he just liked the way it sounded in the song. I vote to have this song played at MSG every time Aasen scores.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Eesh. Eminger absolutely ****ing sucks.
Not trying to upset the apple cart here, but Steve Eminger is one of the worst players I've ever seen play for the Flyers. This will be his 6th team in 4 years.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Not trying to upset the apple cart here, but Steve Eminger is one of the worst players I've ever seen play for the Flyers. This will be his 6th team in 4 years.
Was he worse than Jim Vandermeer?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:22 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
"The reason I'm in the league obviously is because I play a physical game," he said.

"I play with a lot of energy, finish my checks, go to the net," he continued. "I know what I need to do every game in order to be a good player. The way coach (Randy) Carlyle likes to run his team, I think my style definitely fits into this team. it almost feels like a perfect fit."
Quote:
Voros didn't complain about the playing time he received last season with the New York Rangers, when he was a healthy scratch for about half the season.

"I think I definitely have a little more to offer," he said, "but at the same time I just show up to work every day. ... New York signed me to a 3-year contract. Maybe there are a lot of reasons why it didn't work out there."
http://www.insidesocal.com/ducks/201...ore-voros.html

Why would Voros complain? He made $900,000 and dated Jessica Stam.

Old
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
I'm surmising that Ryan Hillier was thrown in to get a contract off the 50 limit. I know he played some games in Hartford last year because they decimated by injuries. But I didn't hear much, if at all about Hillier.
Hillier sucks. Not even a good ECHL player. He had his leg sliced by a skate last year and missed most of the season.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Mike Sullivan knows Eminger from TB

Quote:
But Eminger gives the Rangers valuable depth, something that was missing when Wade Redden slumped badly at times last season and North Bellmore's Matt Gilroy wore down.

"He's going to push guys, and it's important to have that push," said Rangers associate coach Mike Sullivan, who also coached Eminger with Tampa Bay. "That's going to force a competitive situation on our blue line that will be good for all of us."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...nger-1.2093071

Old
07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

More Voros

Quote:
“I wanted to get a more physical forward on left wing and I found a guy,” Murray said. “He’s penciled in there. He’s shown every once in a while that he can get on a run and score some goals. He can play higher.”
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/07/...rangers/40437/

If Voros can get through a shift without taking a bad penalty or falling down its a miracle

Quote:
The Rangers put Voros on waivers on June 29 but he went unclaimed. Voros, who signed a three-year, $3-million deal with New York in 2008, had eight points in his first 12 games in New York but didn’t do much offensively ever since and struggled to crack the lineup under coach John Tortorella.

“There’s two sides to the coin,” Voros said. ”Yeah, I think I definitely have a little more to offer than maybe perhaps I was used. At the same time, I just show up to work every day. I think as long as you work hard, good things will happen and you’ll get your chest full.

“I’m very blessed to have the opportunity to go Anaheim in a situation where I think it’s very tailored for both sides. I think I know exactly how I have to play. The way I played, the way that got me into the league.”
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/07/...ng-west/40469/

The Rangers put Voros on waivers three times since the 2009 trading deadline.

Old
07-09-2010, 08:44 PM
RangerBlues

Good deal.
Voros just never fit.
Rangers continue to build from strength.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

FYI...Jason Strudwick is 50 times better than Eminger ever was.

Eminger sucks. In fact, "sucks" might be putting it mildly.

I'd love to know what Sather has against Shane Hnidy, who makes peanuts yet is always loved and raved about everywhere he goes.

This is Eminger's 6th team in three years. SIXTH.

Voros was an overpaid yet serviceable winger.

Stupid trade. 10,000 UFA d-men out there and we end up with the second coming of Todd Charlesworth or Kevin Chevaldayoff

Do the Rangers scout games? Just curious.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Mike Sullivan knows Eminger from TB

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...nger-1.2093071

Sullivan is another idiot. Great quote there, Sully.

"Well we basically needed a window-licking mouth breather to suck in some spare oxygen just to let Matt Gilroy know that his days might be numbered"

Thank God for the Yankees. Really.

Old
07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Vitto79

We moveda bum spare Forward for a spare Dman that atleast has some potential as a for mer 1st rounder. Wasnt Eminger dealt for a late 1st rounder a few yrs ago?

regardless we needed a spare Dman and they needed a 4th line LW

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

What was Voros servicable at? Actually serving people in the press box? Serving up power plays to the other team?

He hasn't done **** post-October on the ice besides being Avery's wingman on twitter.

They need a 7th D more than a 13th forward, good trade.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
We moveda bum spare Forward for a spare Dman that atleast has some potential as a for mer 1st rounder. Wasnt Eminger dealt for a late 1st rounder a few yrs ago?

regardless we needed a spare Dman and they needed a 4th line LW
This will be Eminger's 4th team in 6 years. He is 27 years old, and hasn't shown much progression since being drafted. I dont think he is hitting his potential.

And again, we could of done much better then Eminger for a 7th d-man. IMO, Eminger can't really be counted on.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
What was Voros servicable at? Actually serving people in the press box? Serving up power plays to the other team?

He hasn't done **** post-October on the ice besides being Avery's wingman on twitter.

They need a 7th D more than a 13th forward, good trade.
Did you watch the last 10 or so games of the season? Voros was one of the better forwards, considering his role.

2-2-4 and was a +5 in his last 8 games.

That's not the point. The point is that Eminger is a friggin abomination. You dont take on more dollars just to have a body around. 7th d-men should cost no more than 600K or 700K

Please be honest and just admit that you never saw Eminger play.

I would love for anybody who has actually seen Eminger play openly admit the Rangers benefit from this trade.

Please? Anyone?

Old
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
This will be Eminger's 6th team in 3 years. I dont think he is hitting his potential.

And again, we could of done much better then Eminger for a 7th d-man. IMO, Eminger can't really be counted on.
Fixed. But I agree with you 100 percent

Old
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
I believe it's a swap of 1 years
Thanks.

Seems odd. I guess it was just a matter of getting a cheap veteran Dman for depth purposes.

Eminger's cap hit is higher then Voros, right? By a couple hundred thousand? Not a big deal.

At least the contract is up at the end of the season.

It really does seem like the main focus is to allow the youth to develop and leave those spots open for the top prospects. I like it.

Gotta get Staal locked up long term now.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:06 PM
mti79

I never hated Voros and appreciate that he gave his best for this team... unfortunately his best wasn't good enough on most nights. (I still have nightmares about Cam Janssen using his face as target practice). Although, his snipe in that last Toronto game was a thing of beauty and the Garden erupted for it... although, seeing as how we were battling for the playoffs, the crowd didn't need much of an excuse.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Did you watch the last 10 or so games of the season? Voros was one of the better forwards, considering his role.

2-2-4 and was a +5 in his last 8 games.

That's not the point. The point is that Eminger is a friggin abomination. You dont take on more dollars just to have a body around. 7th d-men should cost no more than 600K or 700K

Please be honest and just admit that you never saw Eminger play.

I would love for anybody who has actually seen Eminger play openly admit the Rangers benefit from this trade.

Please? Anyone?
I have to agree with this. It's basically junk for junk+crappy prospect, but Voros can actually be useful in the right situation(s) (and he's a friend of Lundqvist) while Eminger just flat-out sucks at everything.

Plus, IIRC, Eminger has a higher cap hit then Voros.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Was he worse than Jim Vandermeer?
Yes. Vandermeer wasn't as terrible as he was put in a bad situation. For some reason, John Stevens thought he was a top pair defenseman and put him with Kimmo Timonen.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
On Eminger...

I remember watching him on the Caps and thinking he was going to be a good player for them. Guess he never progressed. I look forward to seeing him here to see what he can do, but I do wish that if Sather was to get a 6/7 defenseman that it would be a guy that can knock somebody down. I'm happy for McIlrath, but wehat about the next two seasons on Broadway untill he gets here? Gonna be a long run for Henrik. I mean, it's no secret that this defense is among the softest in the division w/out one single guy that really keeps the oppositions heads up...or even keeps them out of the crease.
he was looking good in Washington but I think the Caps traded him so they could draft John Carlson who is looking quite decent so I don't blame the Caps one bit. That is an upgrade. Philly obviously wanted to get this guy (must have not liked Carlson) but they must have liked Matt Carle better because he was flipped again in the Steve Downie trade. He was actually having a really good season in Tampa but was then traded to Florida for Noah Welch. I don't get that trade. He was on pace for 37+ pts that season but that was the year Barry Melrose was coaching so there was all sorts of weird **** going on that year. Maybe there is something wrong with him personally? 5 teams in 3 seasons, now 6 in 4. That's gonna probably mess with his head a bit. Signs with Anaheim as a UFA. Two years at 0.750 & 1.500 (what we get to pay him). He could be a sleeper. Definitely serviceable. May have some hidden potential that is waiting to reawaken. If only Sather managed to get an extra draft pick out of this trade!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
he was looking good in Washington but I think the Caps traded him so they could draft John Carlson who is looking quite decent so I don't blame the Caps one bit. Philly obviously wanted to get this guy but they must have liked Matt Carle better because he was flipped again in the Steve Downie trade. He was actually having a really good season in Tampa but was then traded to Florida for Noah Welch. I don't get that trade. He was on pace for 37+ pts that season but that was the year Barry Melrose was coaching so there was all sorts of weird **** going on that year. Maybe there is something wrong with him personally? 5 teams in 3 seasons, now 6 in 4. That's gonna probably mess with his head a bit. Signs with Anaheim as a UFA. Two years at 0.750 & 1.500 (what we get to pay him). He could be a sleeper. Definitely serviceable. May have some hidden potential that is waiting to reawaken. If only Sather managed to get an extra draft pick out of this trade!
The reason why he keeps getting moved around is because he is way too turnover and mistake prone (not to mention he is pretty soft). At his age, I doubt he suddenly fixes that.

He is a guy who when drafted, had the tools to be a #1 d-man, but never put it together, and instead ended up being poor or bad at most aspects of the game.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote