HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers ink Zherdev

Old
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Eklund had Zherdev signing with Flyers a few days ago .. score one for the guy.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:08 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Eklund had Zherdev signing with Flyers a few days ago .. score one for the guy.
If the Habs send an offer sheet fro Ryan as he elluded to, then I'll give him props. Unfortunatly, we don't have our second round pick so I don't see how that's possible unless we can use the one we just got for letting Fischer go. Jeese the salary cap can be a cluster **** sometimes!

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
TankEller*

Official: Zherdev makes 2M for a 1 year deal.

So... ladies and gentlemen...

Kostitsyn @ 3,25/year
OR
Zherdev @ 2,00/year

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:26 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If the Habs send an offer sheet fro Ryan as he elluded to, then I'll give him props. Unfortunatly, we don't have our second round pick so I don't see how that's possible unless we can use the one we just got for letting Fischer go. Jeese the salary cap can be a cluster **** sometimes!
Nevermind the 2nd round pick we don't have, thats relatively easy to re-acquire.

The issue is that Anaheim has an absolute crap load of cap space available and the only key players to re-sign is Bobby Ryan and James Wisniewski. There is a lot of speculation about an internal cap, I am aware of this. But the fact remains they have operated at levels much higher then what they are currently sitting at (roughly 42M for this season, they we're at 57M just 2 seasons ago).

I don't see them not matching a Bobby Ryan offer sheet unless the amount exceeds well above what the Getzlaf/Perry current cap hits are. He is a 23 year old sniper with back to back 30+ goal seasons(his first two seasons). In theory he is worth more then what Kessel got (5.3M per), based on what he's accomplished thus far.

They've absolutely bonkers to let him go for an offer sheet that is less then 6 million. From there forward, you have to ask yourself if your willing to spend 6.5-7M on Bobby Ryan. Not to mention losing 2 firsts, a second and a third. It's a very steep price when you consider he produces at Cammalleri's level and we got him for just 6M per without the ramifications of an offer sheet.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post

Kostitsyn @ 3,25/year
OR
Zherdev @ 2,00/year

Zherdev probably took a pay cut to win and to prove that he could still be a force in the NHL. 1 year of a pay cut, then he makes more next year. Besides I am sure he made a healthy amount in the KHL.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
Start the rumors on Gagne. please not to Montreal

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/302310.html

No details on salary, but rumor has it under 3M per.
So... what's with their salary cap issues?

Hmmm.....

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Stradale

Wow only 2M$. I would have risk that.

2M$.. that's like 500K more than what we signed Laraque for right?

Ok, maybe Zherdev had some problems in his early career, but people grow up, i guess Zherdev can too. If he wants to come back in north america, its because he wants to play here. I think he can have a similar contract in the KHL so if he decided to come back here, its because he likes here better. With a 1 yr contract only, it will give him extra motivation.

Let's not forget is still young and one very talented player. He could easily get 60 pts+. Good signing for the Flyers IMO.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good signing,always liked Zherdev and that's a great contract for the Flyers compared to the rumored 4 million per year.But again they still have no goalie

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Stradale

Richards, Carter, Giroux, Briere, JVR, Leino, Hartnell, Zherdev, Gagne

I know the Flyers will likely need to move Gagne but damn, that's one hell of a top 9.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:

Kostitsyn @ 3,25/year
OR
Zherdev @ 2,00/year

Interesting comparison, not sure having both would have been productive but I would have tried to keep AK, im not completely set on giving up on him yet. He could have a monster year.

I would have found the cash elsewhere and tried to fit Zherdev. Worst comes to worst i cant see how having him play with Eller on the 3rd would be such a bad thing.

We need to get Price signed so we know exactly how much money we have left.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:02 PM
JayBee*

Quote:

Kostitsyn @ 3,25/year
OR
Zherdev @ 2,00/year

People here will tell you that Andrei's the better pick.

I must say, I do admire the Flyers ability to at least attempt to get better.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
Ok granted, maybe not concussion prone but definitely injury prone. Its risky no matter how you look at it.
i think its funny when people beleive in something as ludicrous as "injury prone"

or people just dont know how to fully understand what it means

gagner gets crushed with a blow to the head, because someone DID that to him, misses some time.... hes "injury prone" , and during the playoff series vs jersey he blocks a shot with his foot and the foot is broken, because of a slapshot that hit him in the foot.... these are 2 completely different occurences......but hes "injury prone" ....

markov gets hit from behind on a blatant late hit by grabovski and lands awkwardly into the boards, hes injury prone, markov gets his TENDON sliced by our goalies SKATE in a freak accident, ...hes "injury prone" ... markov gets hit late AGAIN by a cheap shot artist and again lands awkwardly after a thunderous hit, and tears his ACL.....hes injury prone,...the ACL tore why? oh! because he suffers "alot of injuries" , why? because hes "injury prone" ..... hum.... didnt know thats how it works...

um.. people need to realize what injury prone actually signifies.... say like marty havlat, who has a bum shoulder, that keeps poping out or keeps getting reinjured over and over or someones bad knee who has 4-5 surgeries on it...the SHOULDER is injury prone... THE BUM KNEE IS injury prone.... conussion prone is also valid because that does happen often to the SAMe body part, THESE are things that are "injury prone" because its a vulnerable body part suceptible to injury ..... but to suggest a PERSON is "injury prone" because they get hurt alot in different various instances of this and that and are just that unfortunate enough to get "seriously" hurt from bumps and bruises that can ANd do happen everyday to everyone, ..and miss some time... if that means "injury prone" , a player who gets hurt constantly because he always gets hurt?... then you probably still beleive in the tooth fairy and santy clause...

its called BAD LUCK in these instances, but then the debate to wether or not luck even exists at all is another story entirely....

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Richards, Carter, Giroux, Briere, JVR, Leino, Hartnell, Zherdev, Gagne

I know the Flyers will likely need to move Gagne but damn, that's one hell of a top 9.
They'll have to make their move soon, though. Like this year.

Carter is going to be looking for a raise next off-season, as will Giroux and Leino.

But it's a good problem to have, and it's not like the Flyers have any trouble finding good young players in the draft.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
to summerize, i would take simon gagner in a heartbeat...youd have to be insane to not want him... the only issue that should be discussed here is getting rid of the 3.25 or the 5.5 million dollar salaries to make it fit.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

ok, so their weakness is in goal... but they acquire anything but a GOOD goalie...

makes sense!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
ok, so their weakness is in goal... but they acquire anything but a GOOD goalie...

makes sense!
If you have the Offense and a good solid D-Core you can get away with having an OK goalie.

Niemi is nothing special....neither is Leighton but look how far they got.

Old
07-09-2010, 07:32 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I think they're a great team too. I think they're not as good with Zherdev as they would be with Gagne, though. Do you?
depends. I don't look at as black and white as that. What do they so with the cap savings. I love that the Flyers made the cup final and they're still not content, constantly trying to make improvements. They might not always pay off, but at least they come out swinging.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
If you have the Offense and a good solid D-Core you can get away with having an OK goalie.

Niemi is nothing special....neither is Leighton but look how far they got.
guess you dont remember the last game GWG...

Old
07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Darth Joker

The Flyers' thinking is that Zherdev can replace Gagne's offense, at less than half the cap cost.

Gagne will either be dealt in a pure salary dump trade, or he'll be dealt for a good 5/6 D-man making between $1 and $2 million. Such a d-man could round out Philly's D.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Apparently you forgot which teams were better than everyone else last year and the goalies they relied on.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Interesting to see how the Flyers are improving while the Blackhawks are dropping players like flies.

Still though, goal-tending will be an issue with Philly.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:03 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Apparently you forgot which teams were better than everyone else last year and the goalies they relied on.
nope, I sure remember how the playoffs went and the Flyers making it to the SCF despite having Leighton in goals... I just also happen to remember the same Leighton being damn weak on the last goal... and I also remember the Flyers not having a good goalie since like forever... and not winning the cup "since then"...

so yeah, great D, potent offense too... but, wich of their AHL goalie will bring them to the SCF again next spring you think ?

Old
07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
depends. I don't look at as black and white as that. What do they so with the cap savings. I love that the Flyers made the cup final and they're still not content, constantly trying to make improvements. They might not always pay off, but at least they come out swinging.
I definately respect them for the moves they make year in and year out. I just don't think they're neccesarily better for it. They need a goalie! This has been there Achilles heel since forever and they never address it. That's why I don't think they got better. They're stacked from front to back and have one of the best teams but they still don't have a goaler.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Meh...I've seen worse from better goalies.

Old
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
I like Zherdev but I hope he becomes a cancer and helps us win in the playoffs next time versus them.

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote