HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about Steve Eminger

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2010, 10:47 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Question about Steve Eminger

Eminger had his best (statistical) season with Tampa Bay. In his time with TB he was on pace for close to a 30 point season and was logging serious minutes with you guys. Then he was traded for Noah Welch and a 3rd? Can you guys enlighten me here? Was he a bad player? People tell me he is error and turnover prone but he seemed like he did well for you guys. He couldn't be that bad if the coaching staff would give him 30 minutes in a game.

thanks for the info!

Old
07-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Eminger had his best (statistical) season with Tampa Bay. In his time with TB he was on pace for close to a 30 point season and was logging serious minutes with you guys. Then he was traded for Noah Welch and a 3rd? Can you guys enlighten me here? Was he a bad player? People tell me he is error and turnover prone but he seemed like he did well for you guys. He couldn't be that bad if the coaching staff would give him 30 minutes in a game.

thanks for the info!
He was decent, but it wasn't like great play was the reason for so much ice time. There were a ton of injuries that season, I think the most games played by a defenseman was in the 50's...guys played through injuries like Smaby on a broken foot. I don't think he's as bad as has been exaggerated by other people, but he's not a top 4 defenseman on a good team. He should be on the bottom pairing. The Lightning traded him because his contract was running out and he wasn't in the long term plans...I don't think the Panthers qualified him.

Old
07-09-2010, 11:11 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
He was decent, but it wasn't like great play was the reason for so much ice time. There were a ton of injuries that season, I think the most games played by a defenseman was in the 50's...guys played through injuries like Smaby on a broken foot. I don't think he's as bad as has been exaggerated by other people, but he's not a top 4 defenseman on a good team. He should be on the bottom pairing. The Lightning traded him because his contract was running out and he wasn't in the long term plans...I don't think the Panthers qualified him.
thanks. yeah I was digging through stats from that year and the number of players who played D that year was abnormally high.

Old
07-10-2010, 02:51 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
thanks. yeah I was digging through stats from that year and the number of players who played D that year was abnormally high.
Also if we had kept him his contract demands would have been too high due to his placement as one of our top dmen that year, when as has been said he is a bottom pairing dman.

Old
07-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

For us he was ok, one of our best defense-man, not difficult to be one because our D was *****

Old
07-10-2010, 01:19 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

He wasn't bad but we ended up letting him go for free if I remember correctly. Tells you something about our core of Dmen at the time.

Old
07-10-2010, 06:45 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Also if we had kept him his contract demands would have been too high due to his placement as one of our top dmen that year, when as has been said he is a bottom pairing dman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
For us he was ok, one of our best defense-man, not difficult to be one because our D was *****
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
He wasn't bad but we ended up letting him go for free if I remember correctly. Tells you something about our core of Dmen at the time.
thanks!

Old
07-10-2010, 08:55 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Didn't he want something like 2.5 a year after that little taste of success? Eeesh.

Old
07-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
He was the best defenseman on one of the worst defensive teams in history. I was upset at first when Lawton traded him for Welch and a 3rd, then I realized how terrible he looked on the Panthers and was okay with it.

He must have a great agent however.