HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bob Murray will not trade Bobby Ryan

Old
07-10-2010, 04:07 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNomNom View Post
LA needs to follow SJs lead here and pounce on a rival:

An offer of 6M x 3YR, would be pretty sneaky move by LA.

At worst, you make Anaheim sign a contract that would not be a favorable one for the Ducks.

Duck's will be coughing up more then they wanted to pay for, Bobby Ryan, by 1M (Their offer being at 5M) but also would be make Ryan a UFA at the end of the contract.

I understand that the Ducks are trying to offer Ryan a more lucrative (although sub-6M/yr) offer to stay long term, and a less financially favorable short term deal. I think the hold up is Ducks trying to avoid the 3 year term all together.

I also understand, Anaheim has an internal cap by management (Although, I could be wrong)

At best, LA picks up Bobby Ryan! and based on last seasons compensation, LA would have to pay up just a First, Second, and a Third. Chump change for LA

It's a win-win! (for LA )
After a hypothetical 3 year deal, Ryan will be a RFA.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
After a hypothetical 3 year deal, Ryan will be a RFA.
Does he have 4 years minimum to go until he is a UFA?

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Does he have 4 years minimum to go until he is a UFA?
Yes. Ryan will be 26 with 6 years in the league if he completes a 3 year deal. He wants a 3 year deal so he can have another kick at the can based on projected numbers (he hopes) after a few more years that will justify a higher salary. Ryan probably wants a 3 year deal too because the current salary ceiling of Getzlaf and Perry will be removed as they will become UFAs and negotiating new deals. Also, with a new CBA to be negotiated, who knows what impact that might have on UFA eligibility -- it's possible with a new deal that Ryan might qualify as a UFA in 3 years.

Murray offered 5 years because he wanted to buy out one of Ryan's UFA years. He has refused a 3 yr deal because Getzlaf/Perry/Lupul will all become UFAs at the same time. He's offered a 4 year deal to Ryan at $4.6M per year, but it is assumed that Ryan wants a 3 yr deal around $5M per.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Tripod

I'm sure at some point, the Ducks will get him signed. As for the Gagne vs Ryan talk...If both guys have good years, they will probably be close in on ice production. Maybe a bit of an edge to Ryan and a bit of a defensive edge to Gagne. And I think that is what Chris Shaffer was saying. AND we all know that Ryan is more valuable going forward in the future.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:28 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNomNom View Post
LA needs to follow SJs lead here and pounce on a rival:

An offer of 6M x 3YR, would be pretty sneaky move by LA.

At worst, you make Anaheim sign a contract that would not be a favorable one for the Ducks.

Duck's will be coughing up more then they wanted to pay for, Bobby Ryan, by 1M (Their offer being at 5M) but also would be make Ryan a UFA at the end of the contract.

I understand that the Ducks are trying to offer Ryan a more lucrative (although sub-6M/yr) offer to stay long term, and a less financially favorable short term deal. I think the hold up is Ducks trying to avoid the 3 year term all together.

I also understand, Anaheim has an internal cap by management (Although, I could be wrong)

At best, LA picks up Bobby Ryan! and based on last seasons compensation, LA would have to pay up just a First, Second, and a Third. Chump change for LA

It's a win-win! (for LA )
if you do that you better hope that doughty and johnson are locked up before july 1st 2011

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 01:39 AM
OnTheFence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
if you do that you better hope that doughty and johnson are locked up before july 1st 2011
Assuming Doughty or Johnson feel like signing an offer sheet...

*with the Ducks

Last edited by OnTheFence: 07-11-2010 at 01:40 AM. Reason: add
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
Assuming Doughty or Johnson feel like signing an offer sheet...

*with the Ducks
Yeah because Anaheim is so far away that they wouldn't want to deal with the hassle. Not to mention Murray would offer a lot to get back at the Kings.

Speculation is speculation.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote