HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2010-2011 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

View Poll Results: -
- - 0 0%
- - - 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2010, 05:55 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
David Fischer got a tryout with the Nucks.
wow! i wish him well!

link?

Old
09-03-2010, 01:15 AM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
David Fischer got a tryout with the Nucks.
What's wrong with TB!?!?!?

Old
09-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
wow! i wish him well!

link?
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|VAN|home

Old
09-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
What's wrong with TB!?!?!?
He's an anglo. Doesn't count.

Old
09-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Peter Delmas

Not necessarily a Habs prospect yet, but from that report, Delmas was pretty good so far in preseason. What it mentions in that article is that he won't be a Moosehead if he stays in the QMJHL 'cause the team has already targeted their 3 20yo players AND the fact that Corbeil was already mentioned as Halifax starter.

Also said in the article that Delmas would like to play in a superior level......Seems to me that if Delmas impresses, Habs might sign and send him in Wheeling unless another QMJHL interesting team manifest themselves.

http://www.sportsjuniors.com/2010/09...belles-choses/

Old
09-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Louis Leblanc

Another article....not that it will be surprising for anybody, but it does mention how Leblanc is already THE target and every team will most likely like to rough it up. While I don't want him to back down from anybody, let's hope he doesn't let this get to him that much.

http://www.sportsjuniors.com/2010/09...eja-une-cible/

Old
09-04-2010, 07:16 AM
JL17

Tinordi got his first game action last night in London. Big rangey kid. Likes the physical play and has very good wheels for a big man. Was kinda like a deer in the head lights when it came to the offensive side. A few bad pinches that lead to odd man rushes and a goal for Sarnia. But he had a couple of big hits and doesn't lose many battles in the corner. He and a 16 year old were pair together at one point and there was 13.5 feet worth of D-man on the ice... the 16 year old is 6'8".

Old
09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Tinordi got his first game action last night in London. Big rangey kid. Likes the physical play and has very good wheels for a big man. Was kinda like a deer in the head lights when it came to the offensive side. A few bad pinches that lead to odd man rushes and a goal for Sarnia. But he had a couple of big hits and doesn't lose many battles in the corner. He and a 16 year old were pair together at one point and there was 13.5 feet worth of D-man on the ice... the 16 year old is 6'8".
Yup, Troy Donnay. He's a giant

Old
09-04-2010, 10:52 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Whatever happened to Nikita Dvurechensky?

I thought we were gonna try to snatch him up in the mid-late rounds because he tore it up with Avtsin a couple years ago. I'm surprised he didn't get drafted at all

Old
09-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Whatever happened to Nikita Dvurechensky?

I thought we were gonna try to snatch him up in the mid-late rounds because he tore it up with Avtsin a couple years ago. I'm surprised he didn't get drafted at all
We should invite him to the camp ^^

Old
09-04-2010, 05:30 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not necessarily a Habs prospect yet, but from that report, Delmas was pretty good so far in preseason. What it mentions in that article is that he won't be a Moosehead if he stays in the QMJHL 'cause the team has already targeted their 3 20yo players AND the fact that Corbeil was already mentioned as Halifax starter.

Also said in the article that Delmas would like to play in a superior level......Seems to me that if Delmas impresses, Habs might sign and send him in Wheeling unless another QMJHL interesting team manifest themselves.

http://www.sportsjuniors.com/2010/09...belles-choses/
I would think a team like Saint-john would be interested in Delmas. they have a top team in the Q but they still need a top goalie. maybe Rimouski could use Delmas but a trade with them would make more sense come christmas trade period than now.

also Nicholas Champion will be at the rookie camp too with Delmas

Old
09-04-2010, 06:28 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Based on what i ve been reading on Tinordi, he looks bad when he tries to do too much on offense. He looks good when he keeps it safe and simple.

Old
09-04-2010, 07:44 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouliot57 View Post
We should invite him to the camp ^^
Indeed we should. We'd get to see some Dvu-Avtsin action

Old
09-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Based on what i ve been reading on Tinordi, he looks bad when he tries to do too much on offense. He looks good when he keeps it safe and simple.
The Hunters have been quite vocal in their willingness to give Tinordi quaility offensive minutes with London. And we should be pleased by this, because he's having a chance he will never have in the AHL and beyond, where he will be quickly pegged (for the right reasons) as a defensive defenseman and will never be given PP time.

Old
09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
I would think a team like Saint-john would be interested in Delmas. they have a top team in the Q but they still need a top goalie. maybe Rimouski could use Delmas but a trade with them would make more sense come christmas trade period than now.

also Nicholas Champion will be at the rookie camp too with Delmas
Hey by the way.....ma vedette.... Is it you on Tweeter that Walsh retweeted?

Old
09-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
It might be too soon to tell....but I will never see Tinordi having more than 20-25 points in the NHL. Though, it's clear that he has to perfect that aspect of his game in the OHL, but this is not going to translate in the bigs, at least not from what I think.

Old
09-05-2010, 07:54 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
The Hunters have been quite vocal in their willingness to give Tinordi quaility offensive minutes with London. And we should be pleased by this, because he's having a chance he will never have in the AHL and beyond, where he will be quickly pegged (for the right reasons) as a defensive defenseman and will never be given PP time.
That London Free Press article that compared Carlson to Tinordi is officially a write off. At the moment Jarred doesn't have a presence on the ice like John did right off the bat. I think you have a faster version of Luke Schenn or maybe a Paul Martin if his offense fills out on your hands... with more of mean streak as well and the leadership abilities.

Jarred will get minutes on the PP. In his limited PP time on Friday he was making those safe passes that didn't get picked off like Kadri from last year.... I don't think he'll be a big goal scorer in the OHL 5-8 is my guess but he may end up with 25-35 assists. That's just my guess at the moment.

Old
09-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
That London Free Press article that compared Carlson to Tinordi is officially a write off. At the moment Jarred doesn't have a presence on the ice like John did right off the bat. I think you have a faster version of Luke Schenn or maybe a Paul Martin if his offense fills out on your hands... with more of mean streak as well and the leadership abilities.

Jarred will get minutes on the PP. In his limited PP time on Friday he was making those safe passes that didn't get picked off like Kadri from last year.... I don't think he'll be a big goal scorer in the OHL 5-8 is my guess but he may end up with 25-35 assists. That's just my guess at the moment.
For me, the offensive development is just a bonus. The main thing I want is for him to continue to be a rock on D and hit a lot. If he can translate that alone to the NHL, we have ourselves a mainstay on D.

Old
09-05-2010, 10:34 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
For me, the offensive development is just a bonus. The main thing I want is for him to continue to be a rock on D and hit a lot. If he can translate that alone to the NHL, we have ourselves a mainstay on D.
Yup, I think management likes the thought of a Tinordi-Subban pairing.

Old
09-05-2010, 11:12 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yup, I think management likes the thought of a Tinordi-Subban pairing.
I agree, the offensive development in more of a bonus.
If Tinordi can continue to develop his solid, physical defensive play. That might let us loosen the reigns on Subban a bit in the future, let him go a little wild

RELEASE THE KRAKEN SUBBAN!!!!!

Old
09-05-2010, 12:25 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
I know that you are usually conservative.
Gill did a couple of 20+ points seasons (average 14.5 points per 82 games).
So you think his offense will never be better than Gill.

At 20 and 21 years old, Gill did about .5 ppg in Providence College.
Not so bad!
He became a regular in NHL at 22 after four years in NCAA.
He was a 8th round pick and has already 962 games.

Just hoping that Tinordi can be a bit better than Hal in offense.
It looks like he can skate faster.
Anyone can remember Gill when he came in NHL?

We have to wait because d-men takes longer to develop especially tall ones.
But expecting Tinordi to reach the level of Gill for a first round pick seems pretty low to me.
tinordi is already much faster and more agile than gill, not to mention much, much meaner. If he can match gill's defensive awareness, we have a great shutdown D on our hands.

Old
09-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Guilliam

As others have stated, any offensive game he may develop will be a bonus. All I want from him his steady physical defensive play and to be able to do a good first pass to get out of the zone. Now from the comment of JrHockeyFan, it seems is passing isn't all that good, so that's what I want him to work on mainly. I don'T see him having any PP time in the NHL anyway, but if he can prove me wrong then it's all good..

Old
09-05-2010, 01:01 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
tinordi is already much faster and more agile than gill, not to mention much, much meaner. If he can match gill's defensive awareness, we have a great shutdown D on our hands.
All i've read about him makes me think of O'Byrne.

Old
09-05-2010, 02:26 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
All i've read about him makes me think of O'Byrne.
He projects to be a better o'byrne, at the very least, but who knows?

Old
09-05-2010, 02:56 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He projects to be a better o'byrne, at the very least, but who knows?
I think O'Byrne is gonna be a good one, he just has a very slow developpement. Last season he was good, and this season he might challenge one of the old guy for a regular spot.

But the reports are all the same.

Closed Thread