HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFStars-Voted Summer 2010 Top-20 Prospects: [#4]

View Poll Results: Who is the Stars' #4 prospect?
Rich Bachman 9 28.13%
Alex Chiasson 13 40.63%
Patrik Nemeth 0 0%
Ondrej Roman 4 12.50%
Colton Sceviour 1 3.13%
Tomas Vincour 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
HFStars-Voted Summer 2010 Top-20 Prospects: [#4]

Moving right along...

HFStars 2010 Top-20 Prospects
#1GJack Campbell
#2DPhilip Larsen
#3RWScott Glennie

This is where it starts to open up and more prospects come into play. I'm including Nemeth because of his draft position, but I don't expect him to get ranked at this juncture.

Thought I'd take a look at the next cohort from the perspective of how much progress they've made over the past year.

Roman: Ranked 6th last year. Unfortunately you have to consider the past 12 months largely a waste. The talent's still there and he ought to be stronger, but a year of development time has been wasted, no way around it. I have a hard time moving him up compared to his peers.

Bachman: Ranked 7th last year. Probably the guy who took the biggest stride forward, or at least proved the most. He handled the transition to the professional game with ease and at times excelled. Solid in Idaho and borderline dominant in his stint in the AHL. Who knows what would've happened if he had started instead of Climie in the Finals... He's my vote here and I don't think he should be penalized just because another goalie went #1. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could be Dallas' starter at some point this year if our fragile goaltending stays true to form.

Chiasson: Ranked 8th last year. Had a successful freshman year at BU and scored some big goals. Tailed off a bit down the stretch. Didn't blow anyone away really, though expectations you'd have to say were met. Due for a modest promotion in the rankings.

Sceviour: Ranked 10th last year. My pro-Sceviour bias is well known so I won't say much more here. The fact that he was playing on the 1st line deep into the Calder Cup playoffs speaks for itself. Successful first pro year, deserves to move up. High proximity to the NHL, arguably more useful than most of our offseason signings.

Vincour: Ranked 17th last year. I've been bullish on Vincour from draft day onward... I thought in a lot of ways his selection in the 5th round redeemed the earlier reach for Glennie (I don't care if the Oilers were going to take him, it would've been a reach for them too). Big, talented, right shot, debuting in Cedar Park this fall. Considered on the organizational fast-track. Likely will be the biggest overall riser on our board... 4th would be a bit optimistic.

I'll keep this one as the newest poll longer than the others so don't necessarily feel rushed to get your vote in.

Last edited by piqued: 07-15-2010 at 01:03 PM.
piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:52 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Chiasson he has the highest upside of the remaining players.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Rune Forumwalker

vCash: 500
It gets even tougher now. It was either Bachman, Chiasson, or Roman. However with Roman's troubles, it was really only two choices. Picking Bachman even though Chiasson may have a slightly higher upside.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 01:54 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
It'll be interesting to see how the BU squad fares as a whole next season with the major losses of Bonino, Shattenkirk, and the Cohens to the pros. A lot more responsibility ought to pass to Chiasson.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 04:44 PM
LordHelmet

vCash: 500
I'll take Bachman just because he's been on a positive development curve for longer.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote