HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

OT:The Thread About Nothing (Part 62 Nascar Edition :P)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2010, 07:22 AM
  #101
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Oh man. If i borrowed a microcontroller from Cornell, I could rig them up to one of those Staples Easy buttons (the ones that say "That was easy," when you hit them) to make it even more douchey, and then bust it out at exams next semester.
See, now your thinking!

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 07:34 AM
  #102
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Two words: Honda Civic.
Two words: Mazda Miata

The most fun car you can buy for under $3000. And, it's reliable. but not safe, lol

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 07:38 AM
  #103
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
The car would have to be my commuter for the rest of the summer, and there's no way I'm taking a Miata on the Cross Bronx/LIE. It'd be suicide.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 07:42 AM
  #104
onefatsurfer
I speak in code
 
onefatsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
in that case, get a civic or a ford focus or something like that.

onefatsurfer is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 07:46 AM
  #105
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
That's probably what I'll end up in, truth be told, but I'm waiting on a buddy of mine to get back to me. Apparently he may have a relatively low mileage BMW E30 3-series available. If I can get a deal on it, I'll be ecstatic. I've wanted one for years.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 07:52 AM
  #106
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
That's probably what I'll end up in, truth be told, but I'm waiting on a buddy of mine to get back to me. Apparently he may have a relatively low mileage BMW E30 3-series available. If I can get a deal on it, I'll be ecstatic. I've wanted one for years.
Those are absolutely awesome cars.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:01 AM
  #107
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Those are absolutely awesome cars.
Oh man I know. I really hope he comes through.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:12 AM
  #108
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Oh man I know. I really hope he comes through.
Parts for cars of that age aren't even crazy expensive right?

I'd totally drive one of those into the ground, haha.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:17 AM
  #109
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Parts for cars of that age aren't even crazy expensive right?

I'd totally drive one of those into the ground, haha.
They're not quite dirt cheap, but not definitely monstrously expensive, especially since the car is pretty much a cult classic with a sizable internet community.

And yeah, they'll run forever more or less. A different friend picked up an '86 323e for free from a relative. It's starting to run into trouble now but it has 275k miles on it. The engine and transmission are fine, it's just the suspension is shot. I'll take 275,000 miles out of a car any day. My Jeep sure as hell isn't going to hit that.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:22 AM
  #110
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
They're not quite dirt cheap, but not definitely monstrously expensive, especially since the car is pretty much a cult classic with a sizable internet community.

And yeah, they'll run forever more or less. A different friend picked up an '86 323e for free from a relative. It's starting to run into trouble now but it has 275k miles on it. The engine and transmission are fine, it's just the suspension is shot. I'll take 275,000 miles out of a car any day. My Jeep sure as hell isn't going to hit that.
I mean, what can your expectations of 275K really be though? Haha.

My Saturn has 105K-ish and I lose a little sleep every night wondering how much money I'm going to have to dump into it before it's paid off...

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:22 AM
  #111
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
awww summertime
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,509
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Everybody loves a parade

Although I love the cars the races can get boooooring as does Nascar
Standing starts vs. rolling starts.

Standing starts RULE. Blame the parade on the idiot who caused the crash in turn 1. F1 got much more entertaining with the position changes thanks to refueling stops - before that I give you it was a bit boring after the first 5 laps unless it started to rain and everyone had to switch to rain tyres. (That's for you brit)

I used to get up at all kinds of weird hours to watch F1 with my dad live, but haven't followed it since the days of Nigel Mansell and Mika Hakkinen.

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:29 AM
  #112
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I mean, what can your expectations of 275K really be though? Haha.

My Saturn has 105K-ish and I lose a little sleep every night wondering how much money I'm going to have to dump into it before it's paid off...
I picked up my 1994 Grand Cherokee for free from a neighbor who died and left it to my family and it has 115k. When I got it it had 87k or so and most of the 30,000 was put on this summer and last for be commuting/going back and forth to school. It's in amazing shape because it was maintained so well before we got it. Only things I've had to do to it are brakes, new battery, and a repair to the fuel line which started leaking. Absolutely amazing for a 16 year old car.

Before that I drove my dad's '98 Intrepid up to 160k and it survived 7 accidents int hat time as well. No major repairs at all beyond normal maintenance. The transmission was starting to go, and leaked ATF at like a quart+ a month depending on the weather, but it drove like a champ right up until he day we sold it to a junkyard for 300 bucks (300 more than it was worth with all that body damage and a semi-functional passenger door). We even saw some woman driving it 2 weeks later, poor girl.

So basically I've had pretty damn good luck with cars, I think.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:34 AM
  #113
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post


taken from transformers 3 filming
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:46 AM
  #114
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
I picked up my 1994 Grand Cherokee for free from a neighbor who died and left it to my family and it has 115k. When I got it it had 87k or so and most of the 30,000 was put on this summer and last for be commuting/going back and forth to school. It's in amazing shape because it was maintained so well before we got it. Only things I've had to do to it are brakes, new battery, and a repair to the fuel line which started leaking. Absolutely amazing for a 16 year old car.

Before that I drove my dad's '98 Intrepid up to 160k and it survived 7 accidents int hat time as well. No major repairs at all beyond normal maintenance. The transmission was starting to go, and leaked ATF at like a quart+ a month depending on the weather, but it drove like a champ right up until he day we sold it to a junkyard for 300 bucks (300 more than it was worth with all that body damage and a semi-functional passenger door). We even saw some woman driving it 2 weeks later, poor girl.

So basically I've had pretty damn good luck with cars, I think.
Sounds like every car I've had, except with some fewer accidents.

I've beaten the piss out of every car I've ever owned, just by driving a lot. Since I was in high school my job has been a 25+ mile commute each way. So that racks up the miles REALLY fast. I mean, I bought my Saturn in Oct of 2007, and put on like 50K already.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 08:53 AM
  #115
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Sounds like every car I've had, except with some fewer accidents.

I've beaten the piss out of every car I've ever owned, just by driving a lot. Since I was in high school my job has been a 25+ mile commute each way. So that racks up the miles REALLY fast. I mean, I bought my Saturn in Oct of 2007, and put on like 50K already.
Yeah I put like 14000 miles on my Jeep last summer alone, it was intense. I'll hit 10k on it this summer too. That's a lot of driving for in 3 months. I love it to death and it's comfy as hell, convenient too, but it costs a fortune to drive and my brother "needs" it to drive literally .3 miles to work because he's too lazy to ride his bike. I'm a little bitter over that.

Ah well, if I can get that E30, I won't give a flying **** about losing the Jeep.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:01 AM
  #116
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Yeah I put like 14000 miles on my Jeep last summer alone, it was intense. I'll hit 10k on it this summer too. That's a lot of driving for in 3 months. I love it to death and it's comfy as hell, convenient too, but it costs a fortune to drive and my brother "needs" it to drive literally .3 miles to work because he's too lazy to ride his bike. I'm a little bitter over that.

Ah well, if I can get that E30, I won't give a flying **** about losing the Jeep.
Wow. If I lived .3 miles from work I wouldn't ever drive. Unless it was like, pouring rain and I lost my umbrella. Or snowing, but even then I have good boots, haha.

Luckily me and my step-siblings (don't have any "real" siblings) all have had to buy our own cars, so we don't have to worry about that stuff, haha.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:06 AM
  #117
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Wow. If I lived .3 miles from work I wouldn't ever drive. Unless it was like, pouring rain and I lost my umbrella. Or snowing, but even then I have good boots, haha.

Luckily me and my step-siblings (don't have any "real" siblings) all have had to buy our own cars, so we don't have to worry about that stuff, haha.
I used to lifeguard at the same beach, for 4 years actually, and I rode to work pretty much every day, rain or shine, hot or cold. It's really nonsense.

Not that I don't need to get my own car, I totally do. I recognize that. It just feels a little sacrilegious handing my baby over to a guy who's going to struggle to put 5 miles on it daily.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
  #118
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
I ******* HATE NJ Transit!!!

TonyTheGr8 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
  #119
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
I ********ng HATE NJ Transit!!!
Rough commute?

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:28 AM
  #120
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
awww summertime
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,509
vCash: 425
5 am - major thunderstorm with a downpour rolls in and wakes me to a crack of lightning and thunder. I realize my patio umbrella is still up and run downstairs out into the monsoon to crank it down before it blows around and breaks some windows. Halfway into the exercise as lightning is flashing all around I begin to think maybe standing in a puddle of water and holding onto a big pole turning a metal crank isn't such a good idea...

From dead sleep to drenched in 60 seconds. I didn't need that.

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:29 AM
  #121
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Rough commute?
Lol..yes it was. Took the 7:08 out of Mt. Arlington, it broke down in Dover (the first stop), so we all had to get out, wait 20 minutes for the NY Penn station train, take that to Summit, and then wait another 20 minutes for a connecting train to Hoboken, which then proceeded to make ALL the local stops. Usually get into 'boken at 8:36, didn't get in until 9:45, finally got to my desk at 9:59.

7:30, and Iron Maiden can't come soon enough!

TonyTheGr8 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:34 AM
  #122
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..yes it was. Took the 7:08 out of Mt. Arlington, it broke down in Dover (the first stop), so we all had to get out, wait 20 minutes for the NY Penn station train, take that to Summit, and then wait another 20 minutes for a connecting train to Hoboken, which then proceeded to make ALL the local stops. Usually get into 'boken at 8:36, didn't get in until 9:45, finally got to my desk at 9:59.

7:30, and Iron Maiden can't come soon enough!
Well just think now you have less time at work.


O man you had to say that I haven't seen the other forum so IDK if saw I lost my ticket.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:34 AM
  #123
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
awww summertime
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,509
vCash: 425

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
  #124
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now
 
TonyTheGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morris County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor BR View Post
Well just think now you have less time at work.


O man you had to say that I haven't seen the other forum so IDK if saw I lost my ticket.
Lol..good point.

Yes, I saw that..what happened?

TonyTheGr8 is offline  
Old
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
  #125
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..good point.

Yes, I saw that..what happened?
Ya I just saw and replied.


AND I HATE YOU BOTH NOW! At least for today since I will be stuck at work.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.