HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Qualifying offers expire July 15 (Dupont and Sauer accept QO)

Old
07-16-2010, 05:37 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Sauer took less. Cap Geek has the figures. $500,000 NHL(which is the league minimum)and $75,000 AHL. His QO was $660,000. $600,000 salary times 110%. The AHL salary is higher. Sauer took more AHL money for less NHL money. Made $62,500 AHL last year.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=647

Hope Sauer comes back strong from his shoulder surgery. Has a good AHL season and the Rangers include him in a deal for a better opportunity with another NHL team.

Sauer can become a group 6 UFA in 2 years. Dupont too. Byers next summer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
dupont is also cheap, way more physical and can play both center and wing. and boyle although big he plays like a scared hockey player and isnt physical at all.. dupont brings more to the table.
hey u may get ur wish cause its not like Boyle is a lock but i think Torts likes him

I do think Boyle could be in a trade package for a C though. Something like picks, Gilroy, Boyle

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I do think Boyle could be in a trade package for a C though. Something like picks, Gilroy, Boyle
What center do you think you're getting for a package like that (unless the pick is a first).

07-16-2010, 09:21 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What center do you think you're getting for a package like that (unless the pick is a first).
Another 3rd line center that this team desperatly needs lol.

Come on guys, no team is going to trade a first or even second line center for Gilroy, Boyle, and some draft picks. Gilroy makes a good deal of money and he did not play well last season. I'd say he's on the bubble to even make the team this season. Boyle is a 4th line centerman at best.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:25 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Marc Savard? Simon Gagne??!!

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Marc Savard? Simon Gagne??!!
hey a man can dream cant he?...............i know its slimp pickings but i would be fine with Ribiero even though hes not a # 1

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 11:59 AM
CDNRGRFANHUH

Dupont played about 85%-90% of last year at center for the Pack. IMO it shows great versatility. His offensive production was far superior when he was moved to the wing near the end of the season.

Like others have said, he is cheap and doesnt shy away from the physical stuff. I think , some team, if not the Rangers, could make good use of his versatility. I think his contract for this year was the same as Sauer, $500,000 NHL money and $75,000 AHL money.

CDNRGRFANHUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sauer can become a group 6 UFA in 2 years. Dupont too. Byers next summer.

If the Rangers could pull out a third round pick for Sauer+Byers (a single pick for both), I would be happy.

There must be a weak team out there that can use them on regular or semi-regular basis.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If the Rangers could pull out a third round pick for Sauer+Byers (a single pick for both), I would be happy.

There must be a weak team out there that can use them on regular or semi-regular basis.
The Rangers are a weak team!

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sauer took less. Cap Geek has the figures. $500,000 NHL(which is the league minimum)and $75,000 AHL. His QO was $660,000. $600,000 salary times 110%. The AHL salary is higher. Sauer took more AHL money for less NHL money.

Probably a very good idea. First, he's likely to spend much more time in the AHL than the NHL. Second, by being less expensive at the NHL level, maybe it will be a little more likely he'll get a call-up. If he's even with another player, but makes sense, he will get the benefit of the doubt. This doesn't guarantee anything, but probably increases his odds of playing for the Rangers by 5-10%.

Old
07-16-2010, 04:07 PM
CDNRGRFANHUH

Quote:
THANK YOU!

The Rangers have not changed one bit from the Pre Cap Era. They don't believe in youth, they believe in spoiling potential on the farm. Rather than lose guys to Free agency, maybe make some trades for someone that appeals to you or even a draft pick rather than lose them to free agency.

Old
07-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNRGRFANHUH View Post
THANK YOU!

The Rangers have not changed one bit from the Pre Cap Era. They don't believe in youth, they believe in spoiling potential on the farm. Rather than lose guys to Free agency, maybe make some trades for someone that appeals to you or even a draft pick rather than lose them to free agency.
I disagree entirely. They've hung onto nearly every bit of their youth since the lockout...the issue is, and some HATE to admit it, that the current youth is just not good enough to carry a team. That stems from the unwillingness to either tank for an elite draft pick or acquire additional picks/assets at the deadline (see last season), which makes the chances of striking it rich with a later round pick that much better.

The only thing that hasnt changed since the pre-lockout era is the terrible, terrible free agent signings. Theres other ways to build a team than the tanking philosophy listed above, but nothings going to work when you cant sign a Ilya Kovalchuk because you've already exhausted bigtime capspace on Chris Drury and Wade Redden. But alas, that has nearly nothing to do with the youth, which has the potential to provide a very nice supporting cast.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
CDNRGRFANHUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I disagree entirely. They've hung onto nearly every bit of their youth since the lockout...the issue is, and some HATE to admit it, that the current youth is just not good enough to carry a team. That stems from the unwillingness to either tank for an elite draft pick or acquire additional picks/assets at the deadline (see last season), which makes the chances of striking it rich with a later round pick that much better.

The only thing that hasnt changed since the pre-lockout era is the terrible, terrible free agent signings. Theres other ways to build a team than the tanking philosophy listed above, but nothings going to work when you cant sign a Ilya Kovalchuk because you've already exhausted bigtime capspace on Chris Drury and Wade Redden. But alas, that has nearly nothing to do with the youth, which has the potential to provide a very nice supporting cast.
you are right I stand corrected. My biggest issue remains with like you said is terrible free agent signings... and well poor drafting/scouting skills

Old
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
you are right I stand corrected.
I was going to say: Lundqvist, Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan, Girardi, Anisimov, Del Zotto etc.... Mats Zuccarello Aasen & Ryan McDonagh set to join the team this season.... And Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, and Grachev all nearly a lock to join the team next season or the one thereafter (more likely next season).... Rangers have certainly fielded a lot of younger players post lockout and retained the better ones and also retained the better prospects that we've drafted.... As you've noted, the problem again is the questionable FA signings and bad contracts....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
But we have too many defensemen for Sauer and too many 4th liners for Byers. There should be a team that may find use for them as bottom line muckers.

Old
07-17-2010, 02:16 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
THANK YOU!

What team have you been following? We even got something back for Ryan Hollweg.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 02:17 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
But we have too many defensemen for Sauer and too many 4th liners for Byers. There should be a team that may find use for them as bottom line muckers.
Sauer would've been a part of the Rangers plans if he didn't get hurt all the time.

Old
07-17-2010, 02:19 AM
CDNRGRFANHUH

scratch all that... I remember what I'm sour about.

Why dont we call up Matt Maccorrone and give him a couple exhibition games and forget about our prospects. Because I mean we gained alot from that.

Old
07-17-2010, 02:25 AM
RangerFan10

I just wish we'd bring Jed Ortmeyer and Dominic Moore back

Old
07-17-2010, 07:21 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I think they are both UFA's, your dreams can come true! lol

Hopefully Sather doesn't read these boards and get any ideas lol.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I hope we get nobody unless it's someone who can be a building block for the next half a dozen years at least. This team is going nowhere, so we are better off just getting a high pick.

Old
07-18-2010, 12:28 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Tommy Pyatt was a throw in the Gomez trade, and now everybody in Montreal has him penciled in their opening night lineup. He went from playing 11 mins a night over half a regular season to playing over 13 mins a game in the playoffs. Not bad for a guy two years removed from the ECHL.

Same might go for Sauer. These guys have talent. Just give them a chance. Not a single one of the Hartford/Europe guys are vastly superior to Sauer. In all seriousness, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Torts and Sather get together and discuss the pecking order on defense. I'm so sick of the cliche answers.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 01:48 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Tommy Pyatt was a throw in the Gomez trade, and now everybody in Montreal has him penciled in their opening night lineup. He went from playing 11 mins a night over half a regular season to playing over 13 mins a game in the playoffs. Not bad for a guy two years removed from the ECHL.

Same might go for Sauer. These guys have talent. Just give them a chance. Not a single one of the Hartford/Europe guys are vastly superior to Sauer. In all seriousness, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Torts and Sather get together and discuss the pecking order on defense. I'm so sick of the cliche answers.
I'm sure Pyatt was more of just a throw-in for the Gomez deal considering the salary going Montreal's way and the quality of the prospects coming back to us. Valentenko and Pyatt are probably a wash, but they got something they needed for a prospect that they didn't need and vice versa.

I don't think the Rangers are blind to the fact these guys have talent, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten qualifying offers. The fact is Dupont is caught on a team that has tons of 3rd and 4th liners and Sauer is as fragile as a baseball player and other prospects at his position have managed not to be.

Old
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
From a team dumping salary...you may be surprised.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote