HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Bob Sanguinetti

Old
07-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Bob Sanguinetti

With the attention that Riley Nash and Jeff Skinner have gotten comparatively, I think we have been ignoring what could be a very nice addition to our future blueline in Bob Sanguinetti. I don't know if everybody does this, but when we pick up a player that I am relatively unfamiliar with, I take it to youtube and immerse in some of the video there to get a better understanding of the upside of said player. Obviously, these complilations show nothing of what is a "normal" shift for him, but it's always exciting to see nice footage of your prospects. The good thing about picking up a prospect from a place like the Rangers is that their career is usually well documented and preserved via this medium. Here are a few videos to enjoy.

LOL.... Harrison Reed.

Last edited by Vagrant: 07-12-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Definitely a solid addition. Certainly hasn't lived up to the hype that he once had, but that's not at all taking away from what he got in him. Solid offensive defenseman. Moves the puck well, good shot from the point, can quarterback a play, not afraid to go for a skate, can be physical at times (Although he was rather soft in the A this year compared to his junior career) and an absolutely phenomenal skater.

To anyone complaining about us passing over Fowler, well here you go. Very similar attributes and skillsets (Although Fowler has more room to grow). Certainly needs to improve his play in his own end (Which is why he likely won't be on our NHL roster) but that's an all too common criticism for young offensive defenseman. Great pickup.

Now we have Sangs, Faulk, Lawson, Jordan and Kivisto who are offense first guys. McBain and Dumoulin who are pretty well rounded two-way guys (I think McBain is more of an offensive guy while Dumoulin is a better defense first dman). And Levi, Biega, Alt, Bellemore, Rissanen, Stahl and Borer who are more in the defensive defenseman mold. If Dumoulin continues on track and a couple of our offensive and defensive prospect pan out, suddenly our D core is starting to look pretty good. We just got to hope we found a top 4 defense first guy in this draft. But, it's far too early to be evaluating our 2010 draft.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
free0717

I am definatley not happy Rangers traded him. He should be NHL ready. Is already better than Redden and Rozival. Good trade for you guys. Carolina will have a good player for years

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAShoesm View Post
Now we have Sangs, Faulk, Lawson, Jordan and Kivisto who are offense first guys.
Jordan and Kivisto are more defense first guys. Jordan started out his ohl career looking like an offensive dman but he's focused more on his own end of the rink and was a great pk'er for the Czech Republic. Kivisto was hyped as an offensive dman back in the day but that hasn't really come true. He didn't put up big numbers in the whl like people thought he would and he, too, has focused more on his own end of the rink.

Both of these guys will be defense-first in the pros.

Last edited by Cardiac_Canes: 07-12-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Kivisto is like Wallin 2.0. You REALLY don't want to count on him for offense. He's a rock in his own zone though.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 06:09 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Jordan and Kivisto are more defense first guys. Jordan started out his ohl career looking like an offensive dman but he's focused more on his own end of the rink and was a great pk'er for the Czech Republic. Kivisto was hyped as an offensive dman back in the day but that hasn't really come true. He didn't put up big numbers in the whl like people thought he would and he, too, has focused more on his own end of the rink.

Both of these guys will be defense-first in the pros.
Kivisto I wasn't sure of, as I haven't seen him at all this year but I would not rely on Jordan for strong defensive play. I watched a fair bit of Whalers hockey this year, and he has his fair share defensive lapses and really struggles to take away passing and shooting lanes, not to mention how he can't seem to contain guys to the outside very well. When he was on his game, I was more impressed by his offensive instincts, whether it be a strong first pass, carrying the puck out of his own end or cycling. I know he had his leadership and shutdown role for the Czechs, but he was not playing that game for Plymouth. I harp on the kid a lot, and I really hope he gets back to his game this year. Maybe he will come to Charlotte and be that shutdown guy who makes a good first pass, but from what I've seen of him, I think he plays a stronger puck moving role now and will rely on it during his transition.

Last edited by NobodysFaulkButMine: 07-12-2010 at 06:19 PM.
NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Joe McGrath

Just noticed on his player page that his birthday is 2/29/1988. What are the odds of having two leap year day birthdays on the same team? Ward being the other.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

I play in a league where he played as a youth. They have a banner hangin up with his championship team and all that. thats literally all i know about the guy

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote