HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking for a home in the Denver area

Old
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
10 ft. pole

vCash: 500
Looking for a home in the Denver area

Where are some of the nicer luxury homes in the area? We are flying out to look in Cherry Creek next week. Me and my wife are looking for suggestions. We are looking for a 2plus acre lot or a finished Tuscany estate? Where do a lot of guys from the Avs live? I play hockey myself and would like to be close to a place with a good Gold league. I figure the players probly live close to the training facilities. Thanks in advance.

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Cherry creek, Chenango, Misty Pines..

Those are the ones I know. Wash Park is expensive as well but it's not a 2 acre lot.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Cherry Creek is a really nice luxury busy part of town.
(Driving Distance: Right next to the Denver area)

Polo Reserved is more pricey, but has a less busyness type of feel. OT: That's where Kroenke lives.
(Driving distance: Great distances between everything)

Castle Pines is a lot like Cherry Creek, but has a mountain getaway type of feeling. Very quiet, great golf course, and has that your hidden away from the world feeling.
(Driving Distance: Sucks! An average of 15-20 minutes to go away, but makes up for it in acres)

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Aurora, East Colfax, Cap Hill.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
I believe you're forgetting Julesburg! A lot of fun there!

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
theswede

You most likely won't find anything 2+ acres in Cherry Creek. Denver lots are usually 6250 SF, sometimes you'll find a double.

Check out the area around Josephine and 7th ave. I'm not sure of the name of area, but very nice houses. I suppose you could call this Cherry Creek.

You may find something larger around Denver Country Club (around Alameda/University).

Cherry Hills would be a good bet for acreage. Not sure of your budget, but I'd figure 2m+. You may find a lot in there for a premium.

Castle Pines is about 20 miles south of Denver. It's close to being built out (few empty lots left), but many 1+ acre lots.

There are other areas south and west of there like Bear Dance, etc. that are newer communities with golf courses, but that's quite a drive if you're going downtown.

As for hockey leagues, there are rinks pretty much everywhere; I don't know how close you'll be able to find one in Castle Pines though. Around here the leagues are rated by letter (I assume your gold would be A), and not every rink has an A. RMHL rotates the season between 4 metro rinks and I think they have an A league.

I think some of the younger Avs players live downtown, and others live closer to the practice facility (Family Sports on Arapahoe road south of denver)

theswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Seaward*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Saudi Aurora, The Fax and Cap Hill are all excellent choices to live.

Seaward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

There are also plenty of good homes in the foothills. Park hill is worth a look.

Or make an offer on the Bugs Bunny Motel

Old
07-12-2010, 06:08 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

check out some of the areas in the Foothills... Ken Caryl, Genesee (my home 'hood, woot woot), etc. These have great mountain access, nice terrain, and are close enough to I-70, 6th, etc., that it only puts you about 15 minutes from downtown Denver. If you want to live closer to downtown, 2 acres is going to be at a premium, but you might me able to find something in one of the aforementioned areas... Denver CC, Cherry Hills, Washington/Observatory Park.

madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1000
Call a real estate agent.

They get paid to know the locations of the homes you're looking for, and to know which areas are increasing in value and which are stagnating.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 07:12 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Call a real estate agent.

They get paid to know the locations of the homes you're looking for, and to know which areas are increasing in value and which are stagnating.
Oh for Peter Forsberg's sake (or is that skate?)...There goes Bubba Thudd using common sense. Come one now fella, it's a lot more fun if everyone convinces him to buy a home on the worst part of town...I'm not even from the Denver area but I'm about to tell the guy he should buy as close to the airport as possible...it's so near everything.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
SB

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...124_1119262244
Darcy Tucker's house.

http://www.cohomefinder.com/p/80128/905891.htm
Carmelo Anthony's house.

http://www.cohomefinder.com/p/80113/892127.htm
Ryan Smyth's house

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 07:33 PM
10 ft. pole

We have contacted multiple real-estate agents. I was just asking some locals. Word of mouth is a nice resource as well!

To all those who have contributed thank you, I greatly appreciate it. We are in the 2.5-3 million bracket and I really like the Cherry Hills area.

Last edited by Jori: 07-12-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Okay relax
10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 07:46 PM
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
We have contacted multiple real-estate agents. I was just asking some locals. Word of mouth is a nice resource as well jackass!

To all those who have contributed thank you, I greatly appreciate it. We are in the 2.5-3 million bracket and I really like the Cherry Hills area.
Good choice. And good time to be looking there ... you'll definitely get more land there than in Cherry Creek/DCC area, and it's closer in than Castle Pines. It's where the more established guys live ... Sakic, Smyth, Turgeon, and Drury and Blake were there when they were here; Foote was there before Ohio, don't know where he returned ... The younger (single) guys lived in townhouses down in Cherry Creek. But I don't really know where the new guys live. They don't make any money, ya know.

I don't know about adult hockey leagues ... as for rinks, South Suburban is the closest one to Cherry Hills, only 5-10 min. away. The Ice Ranch is another 10 min. south of there. Then Foothills is west, maybe 30 min. Family Sports is southeast, that's where the Avalanche train. Maybe 20 min. from CHV.

Look at the map where Smyth's house is ... that's my favorite part of CHV ... also off Quincy near Kent Denver School. Enjoy.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Oh for Peter Forsberg's sake (or is that skate?)...There goes Bubba Thudd using common sense.
Unlike when he was picking college hockey teams.
Quote:
Come one now fella, it's a lot more fun if everyone convinces him to buy a home on the worst part of town...I'm not even from the Denver area but I'm about to tell the guy he should buy as close to the airport as possible...it's so near everything.
Like Nebraska

Old
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

EDIT: now that the trolling has been removed this picture lacks context

Last edited by WarriorOfGandhi: 07-12-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: and I would have gotten away with it, if not for you meddling moderators
WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:06 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post

EDIT: now that the trolling has been removed this picture lacks context
Great, the last thread I read before lights out and I get to take that image with me to the dreamtime.

niwotsblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Chileiceman

Can I have some of your money?

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote