HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFStars-Voted Summer 2010 Top-20 Prospects: [#6]

View Poll Results: Who is the Stars' #6 prospect?
Rich Bachman 12 40.00%
Tyler Beskorowany 1 3.33%
Curtis McKenzie 0 0%
Patrik Nemeth 5 16.67%
Ondrej Roman 10 33.33%
Colton Sceviour 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
HFStars-Voted Summer 2010 Top-20 Prospects: [#6]

Our big lovable gap-toothed 5th rounder fittingly takes the #5 spot capping an incredible rise through the ranks. Can't wait to see what he can do in Cedar Park.

HFStars 2010 Top-20 Prospects
#1GJack Campbell
#2DPhilip Larsen
#3RWScott Glennie
#4RWAlex Chiasson
#5RWTomas Vincour

Enough of the remaining available options received votes last time that I'm not adding anyone new.

Last edited by piqued: 07-15-2010 at 01:59 PM.
piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:48 PM
txomisc

vCash: 500
Ill go with Nemeth. If hes Grossman part 2, perhaps with more meanness to his game than he is going to be a heck of a player. Sounds like a guy who can log big minutes and shutdown top opponents. I also like the fact that he himself seems to think theres more offensive potential to his game than most people might see.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Listen to the player you just described. Doesn't that sound more like Fistric than Grossman? I know Nik is the instinctual first comp because they're both Swedish, but the other might be more appropriate.

Old
07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Listen to the player you just described. Doesn't that sound more like Fistric than Grossman? I know Nik is the instinctual first comp because they're both Swedish, but the other might be more appropriate.
Nah ..... the scouting reports say he's extremely discipline and doesn't go over board. There's non of that in Fistric's game. I love Fistric, but his physical play goes overboard on a regular basis.

Actually, I'd say Nemeth is a mix of both's best attributes. Nemeth is always physical like Fistric, but he's not prone to penalties like Grossman (according to the scouting reports). I think we all wish Gross could be meaner and Fistric didn't make the occasional bonehead play (extra punch and what not).

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:22 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

I don't think Fistric goes overboard anymore in terms of roughing after the play. He picked his spots much better last season. He does gets challenged by idiots now and then, and responds accordingly.

Old
07-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Chad_

Nemeth is better with the puck than both Fistric and Grossman. While he may never turn into an offensive player, he won't be as limited as either of those guys, if he progresses and makes it at least.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

I like the sounds of Nemeth in the scouting report too, but it is what it is...a scouting report; words.

I'm surprised, no one has seen Nemeth play, or very few, and yet we've got a solid goalie in Bachman whose done what a goalie prospect should; win and put up some solid stats at every level he's stepped into, not to mention some of the accolades he's received along the way.

I'll sleep tonight, I'm just a little surprised.

Is it due to drafting Campbell, his size, his puckhandling, his attitude, tendancies, or all the above?

I get we're looking at when the prospects are likely to make an impact and what there potential is, are the main factors in deciding where people rank these guys, but I'm interested to find out why he's bridesmaid for the last 3 or so votes?

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
He does gets challenged by idiots now and then, and responds accordingly.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Starsdude

I think most belive that bachman's upside is aback-up due to his size. If he became a guy like Ellis , great he also could be Curtis sanford. Depending on your criteria, I don't see that high a rank for a career backup. Scevouir looks to be a career 3-4 liner but those have more value than backup goalies. Roman could be a#2 center. The college forwards all have top 6 upside. Guptill has big unproven talent. Besko could be a starter although we will probably know lot more about him a year from now. Nemeth was a 2nd rounder. I loved watching Bachman at CC but I would argue his limited upside puts him down the list depending on your criteria.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
I like the sounds of Nemeth in the scouting report too, but it is what it is...a scouting report; words.

I'm surprised, no one has seen Nemeth play, or very few, and yet we've got a solid goalie in Bachman whose done what a goalie prospect should; win and put up some solid stats at every level he's stepped into, not to mention some of the accolades he's received along the way.

I'll sleep tonight, I'm just a little surprised.

Is it due to drafting Campbell, his size, his puckhandling, his attitude, tendancies, or all the above?

I get we're looking at when the prospects are likely to make an impact and what there potential is, are the main factors in deciding where people rank these guys, but I'm interested to find out why he's bridesmaid for the last 3 or so votes?
I like Bachman alot. Its really tough to judge him though based on playing in Idaho last year. This year hes probalby going to split time with Krahn in texas. That should help us get a better look at where he stands vs better competition.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 12:04 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Dan Ellis and Mike Smith both had eerily similar ECHL stats to Bachman, though Bachman's were slightly better.

Old
07-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Starsdude

Quote:
Dan Ellis and Mike Smith both had eerily similar ECHL stats to Bachman, though Bachman's were slightly better.
Smith , to me , is atotally different goalie. Ellis, I think, is a good upside compare but again , I think he is just as likely to be a guy like sanford. Given that goalies are generally less valued as prospects (except for a franchise guy like campbell/Price), I personally value a high upside winger or a near certain 3-4 line player like Colton more. Just my opinion.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Nice, I'd take that behind Campbell in 3-4 years time.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote