HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers sign Jeremy Williams

Old
07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I'm surprised at all the sarcasm in this thread. It does our prospects no good whatsoever for the Pack to be a bad team. Even if he doesn't get a callup all season, this looks like a good pickup.
I'm hoping this guy and Newbury are kind of steady guys in Hartford and Grachev, Stepan, Weise, Byers, etc. are performing well enough to be the guys on call to get called up.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 12:42 AM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
The guy's got a nasty shot, he just can't put the rest of his game together in the NHL which is too bad. Great signing for Hartford/whoever the AHL team is gonna be haha. Maybe gets called up and scores 4 goals in 10 days again like he seems to always do.

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:18 AM
omgShakeNbake

I like the signing alot, kids got good hands and wicked wrister... I am liking the direction were moving into... rebuilding era here we come!

omgShakeNbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 01:25 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Very good signing for Hartford!!! After P.A. & Locke left we needed someone like him. And 8th in Goalscoring last season isn´t that bad

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 02:22 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Now we have someone to play with Gaborik and Christensen

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 03:36 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
This move to me makes it clear they want Hartford to be a winning team and have more fixtures on the team than it does they want some kids up in NY.
If this were the case, they should have kept Sangs and traded him at the draft deadline... Although I guess Redden will be taking his spot

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 03:48 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

watched him in toronto he wasnt that bad, he has a really good shot. I think he scored like 5 goals in 5 games last time he was called up, then got injured and never really got a chance again.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Williams had the NHL minimum in his last contract with $105,000 AHL. He got the same deal from the Rangers. $500,000 NHL/$105,000 AHL. Something like that. You don't give career AHLers one way contracts. Hartford needs some experience.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:34 AM
freewheeler

I'm sure this is just Hartford depth, which is fine, but hey - Parenteau and Locke might be NHLers if they were a little bigger. Maybe he can be our Rich Peverley.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:36 AM
squishy

'Bout time Schoeny woke up and decided to do something about the Pack.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 07:34 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
If this were the case, they should have kept Sangs and traded him at the draft deadline... Although I guess Redden will be taking his spot
They've got a handful of defenseman coming into hartford...Pashin, Niemi, Baldwin..then possibly two of Redden, Gilroy, Eminger, Valentenko, McDonagh...and Nigel Williams.

I guess this is why it looks like Michael Sauer won't be re-signed. It certainly explains why it was time for Sangs to leave, on top of the organization feeling more confident in Valentenko and McDonagh.

Old
07-13-2010, 07:56 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
They've got a handful of defenseman coming into hartford...Pashin, Niemi, Baldwin..then possibly two of Redden, Gilroy, Eminger, Valentenko, McDonagh...and Nigel Williams.

I guess this is why it looks like Michael Sauer won't be re-signed. It certainly explains why it was time for Sangs to leave, on top of the organization feeling more confident in Valentenko and McDonagh.
Just FYI, as of the last I had heard Pashnin will be in Russia for anohter year.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2010, 08:02 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Just FYI, as of the last I had heard Pashnin will be in Russia for anohter year.
Eitherway there is a surplus of incoming defenseman to hartford. If it's not Pashin i wonder if Sam Klassen, Tyson Dowzak, or Tomas Kundtratek there...they're all signed.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Eitherway there is a surplus of incoming defenseman to hartford. If it's not Pashin i wonder if Sam Klassen, Tyson Dowzak, or Tomas Kundtratek there...they're all signed.
Staal-Girardi
Rosival-MDZ
Sauer/McD-Gilroy
Eminger

Redden-Sauer/McD
Baldwin-Valentenko
Kundratek-Williams
Klassen-Niemi
Dowzak

how are we going to give these D a proper chance if they are ready? Even if Rosival and Redden and Gilroy are somehow removed, say in the 2011 season

Staal-Girardi
McD-MDZ
Sauer-Valentenko
Pashnin

but removing 3 players, especially those three, NOT happening. Say McD, Sauer, Valentenko, and Pashnin (or whoever) are all ready for the NHL in 2011, problem? I guess we can send them all to Hartford but that's ludicrous and some young players won't be getting ice time.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:50 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Hartford gonna be good.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
TreeSapLlama

I don't know much about this player, but he sounds like he would be a good fit for Stepan's wing.

Would Grachev - Stepan - Williams be our first line? (Assuming Grachev doesn't make the team, not starting a debate).

That line sounds like it would be very good for developing all of their abilities further.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Staal-Girardi
Rosival-MDZ
Sauer/McD-Gilroy
Eminger

Redden-Sauer/McD
Baldwin-Valentenko
Kundratek-Williams
Klassen-Niemi
Dowzak

how are we going to give these D a proper chance if they are ready? Even if Rosival and Redden and Gilroy are somehow removed, say in the 2011 season

Staal-Girardi
McD-MDZ
Sauer-Valentenko
Pashnin

but removing 3 players, especially those three, NOT happening. Say McD, Sauer, Valentenko, and Pashnin (or whoever) are all ready for the NHL in 2011, problem? I guess we can send them all to Hartford but that's ludicrous and some young players won't be getting ice time.
I guess there's the off chance Redden is loaned to another team, AHL or otherwise, or plays with us one more year and gets bought out.

I don't even know if Sauer's going to play with our system next year since he hasn't signed a QO yet. Eitherway I'm not worried about a guy like Pashin being ready next season. Valentenko and McDonagh are most likely the only guys that will be close to ready this season and be ready next season. Room in hartford can be made easily by trading guys like Nigel Williams in minor league deals for late picks or forwards.

If somehow Pashnin or someone else is ready for the NHL by next year along with Velentenko AND McD, you can move Roszival and have it look like this:
Staal, MDZ, Girardi, McD, Velentenko, Player X, Gilroy/Player Y.

Old
07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
I guess there's the off chance Redden is loaned to another team, AHL or otherwise, or plays with us one more year and gets bought out.

I don't even know if Sauer's going to play with our system next year since he hasn't signed a QO yet. Eitherway I'm not worried about a guy like Pashin being ready next season. Valentenko and McDonagh are most likely the only guys that will be close to ready this season and be ready next season. Room in hartford can be made easily by trading guys like Nigel Williams in minor league deals for late picks or forwards.

If somehow Pashnin or someone else is ready for the NHL by next year along with Velentenko AND McD, you can move Roszival and have it look like this:
Staal, MDZ, Girardi, McD, Velentenko, Player X, Gilroy/Player Y.
In a perfect world, yes. If McDonagh has an absolutely stellar rookie season, and we can count on him, we could see trading Rozsival next summer. But its obviously a bit early to be predicting something like that. It'd be ideal, though

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:30 PM
suezane carpenter

Jeremy Williams

How Many goals and point do you think he can get with Hartford and do you think he can score more with Hartford than he did in Grand Rapids.

suezane carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 04:03 PM
KRM

Why?

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote