HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Marcus Johansson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2009, 10:00 AM
  #1
TheFountainhead
Red Nation
 
TheFountainhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Marcus Johansson

Why doesnt Marcus Johansson generate more buzz around these boards. His numbers in the SEL seem comparable to MPS' and are superior to Josefson's, and he seems to be outplaying Josefson in the current tournament that's going on now, so why does he seem to be perpetually underrated on these boards? Or am I misreading the entire thing?

TheFountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
  #2
SouthSwe
Registered User
 
SouthSwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegr8 View Post
Why doesnt Marcus Johansson generate more buzz around these boards. His numbers in the SEL seem comparable to MPS' and are superior to Josefson's, and he seems to be outplaying Josefson in the current tournament that's going on now, so why does he seem to be perpetually underrated on these boards? Or am I misreading the entire thing?
Ye he is rather unknown in Sweden also somehow. He has taken a big step forward since last season and can make so much more with the puck on his own nowadays. Really good shot, good speed and brilliant technique. Good sense of play. All he needs is to get abit bigger and work on his defensive play.

He will defo be one of the key players in the upcoming junior WC.


Last edited by SouthSwe: 11-05-2009 at 09:02 PM.
SouthSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:10 AM
  #3
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
he has been flying under the radar for quite some time but he has been getting some recognition, atleast by hockeyfans. Swedish media barely knows who he is though :>

Seems to be a good pick by the caps which I am quite happy about

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
  #4
TheFountainhead
Red Nation
 
TheFountainhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Thanks for the responses guys!

TheFountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
  #5
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,350
vCash: 500
In my opinion the most complete swedish prospect at the moment.

Jim Morrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:36 PM
  #6
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
He is a very promising little player. I was wondering who one could compare him with currently in the NHL. Filppula, Brad Richards?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:40 PM
  #7
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,648
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
He is a very promising little player. I was wondering who one could compare him with currently in the NHL. Filppula, Brad Richards?
How about Tomas Plekanec?

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 04:10 AM
  #8
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
How about Tomas Plekanec?
Not a bad comparison. Some what undersized for the NHL, good skating, vision, playmaking skills and some leadership quality´s. Hard worker in both ends even do more successful in the offensive zone.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
  #9
bede
Registered User
 
bede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Luleċ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
how big is his chances to take a place in the NHL-roster this season?

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..

bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
  #10
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bede View Post
how big is his chances to take a place in the NHL-roster this season?

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..
He is an NHL level talent for sure. He did very well against DRW even if just in a friendly last season when they played against FBK. But to do that consistently I dont know. He must take a spot on the 2nd line since I dont really see him as a bottom six player. I hope he makes it but if he doesn´t then I hope he return to Sweden for another yet. Dont know if that is an option but that would be nice. FBK are loaded with good players this year but another one would not hurt. Long term a season in the AHL might be better for him seeing as he is a 2-way, playmaker and would need to adjust to the smaller ice.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
  #11
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bede View Post
how big is his chances to take a place in the NHL-roster this season?

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..
Reading around on Caps' board it seems like he'll grab one, they're not that deep at middle so I guess it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
He is an NHL level talent for sure. He did very well against DRW even if just in a friendly last season when they played against FBK. But to do that consistently I dont know. He must take a spot on the 2nd line since I dont really see him as a bottom six player. I hope he makes it but if he doesn´t then I hope he return to Sweden for another yet. Dont know if that is an option but that would be nice. FBK are loaded with good players this year but another one would not hurt. Long term a season in the AHL might be better for him seeing as he is a 2-way, playmaker and would need to adjust to the smaller ice.
I think he could fit on a 3rd line just fine with his responsible style, especially in Washington where they are playing offensive throughout their lines. Who knows, he might impress from there and grab a top6 spot. After Backstrom he is competing with Perrault and maybe Fleischmann on the centerposition, they are just fine players but definitely not out of this world top6ers.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:34 AM
  #12
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Reading around on Caps' board it seems like he'll grab one, they're not that deep at middle so I guess it makes sense.



I think he could fit on a 3rd line just fine with his responsible style, especially in Washington where they are playing offensive throughout their lines. Who knows, he might impress from there and grab a top6 spot. After Backstrom he is competing with Perrault and maybe Fleischmann on the centerposition, they are just fine players but definitely not out of this world top6ers.
Good point. Could be an option for him.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. İ2014 All Rights Reserved.