Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Marcus Johansson

Old
11-05-2009, 10:00 AM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

vCash: 500
Marcus Johansson

Why doesnt Marcus Johansson generate more buzz around these boards. His numbers in the SEL seem comparable to MPS' and are superior to Josefson's, and he seems to be outplaying Josefson in the current tournament that's going on now, so why does he seem to be perpetually underrated on these boards? Or am I misreading the entire thing?

TheFountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegr8 View Post
Why doesnt Marcus Johansson generate more buzz around these boards. His numbers in the SEL seem comparable to MPS' and are superior to Josefson's, and he seems to be outplaying Josefson in the current tournament that's going on now, so why does he seem to be perpetually underrated on these boards? Or am I misreading the entire thing?
Ye he is rather unknown in Sweden also somehow. He has taken a big step forward since last season and can make so much more with the puck on his own nowadays. Really good shot, good speed and brilliant technique. Good sense of play. All he needs is to get abit bigger and work on his defensive play.

He will defo be one of the key players in the upcoming junior WC.

Last edited by SouthSwe: 11-05-2009 at 09:02 PM.
SouthSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:10 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
he has been flying under the radar for quite some time but he has been getting some recognition, atleast by hockeyfans. Swedish media barely knows who he is though :>

Seems to be a good pick by the caps which I am quite happy about

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

Thanks for the responses guys!

TheFountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Jim Morrison

In my opinion the most complete swedish prospect at the moment.

Jim Morrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:36 PM
johnny_rudeboy

He is a very promising little player. I was wondering who one could compare him with currently in the NHL. Filppula, Brad Richards?

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
He is a very promising little player. I was wondering who one could compare him with currently in the NHL. Filppula, Brad Richards?
How about Tomas Plekanec?

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 04:10 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
How about Tomas Plekanec?
Not a bad comparison. Some what undersized for the NHL, good skating, vision, playmaking skills and some leadership quality´s. Hard worker in both ends even do more successful in the offensive zone.

Old
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
bede

how big is his chances to take a place in the NHL-roster this season?

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..

bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bede View Post

i think he would do a great job for caps, but a season in AHL wouldnt do any damage..
He is an NHL level talent for sure. He did very well against DRW even if just in a friendly last season when they played against FBK. But to do that consistently I dont know. He must take a spot on the 2nd line since I dont really see him as a bottom six player. I hope he makes it but if he doesn´t then I hope he return to Sweden for another yet. Dont know if that is an option but that would be nice. FBK are loaded with good players this year but another one would not hurt. Long term a season in the AHL might be better for him seeing as he is a 2-way, playmaker and would need to adjust to the smaller ice.

Old
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bede View Post

Reading around on Caps' board it seems like he'll grab one, they're not that deep at middle so I guess it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
He is an NHL level talent for sure. He did very well against DRW even if just in a friendly last season when they played against FBK. But to do that consistently I dont know. He must take a spot on the 2nd line since I dont really see him as a bottom six player. I hope he makes it but if he doesn´t then I hope he return to Sweden for another yet. Dont know if that is an option but that would be nice. FBK are loaded with good players this year but another one would not hurt. Long term a season in the AHL might be better for him seeing as he is a 2-way, playmaker and would need to adjust to the smaller ice.
I think he could fit on a 3rd line just fine with his responsible style, especially in Washington where they are playing offensive throughout their lines. Who knows, he might impress from there and grab a top6 spot. After Backstrom he is competing with Perrault and maybe Fleischmann on the centerposition, they are just fine players but definitely not out of this world top6ers.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2010, 03:34 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Reading around on Caps' board it seems like he'll grab one, they're not that deep at middle so I guess it makes sense.

I think he could fit on a 3rd line just fine with his responsible style, especially in Washington where they are playing offensive throughout their lines. Who knows, he might impress from there and grab a top6 spot. After Backstrom he is competing with Perrault and maybe Fleischmann on the centerposition, they are just fine players but definitely not out of this world top6ers.
Good point. Could be an option for him.