HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxim Lapierre re-signs with the Habs (1 year, 900K)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2010, 07:58 AM
  #126
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
I'm sorry, but why? Lapierre is top 5 in what he does. He is a PEST! Pests are meant to piss off the other team. He does a very good job at it. Also, he's not a cheap shot pest like Avery was or cooke is. Find me some other players like that in the league. Perfect example: Orpik getting out of position just to push Lapierre into the net, leaving Moore home free to score an important goal.

He changes the game when he's on. He won't do it with dropping the gloves, because that's giving into the other team. He will do it by pestering them. opening his mouth, smirking, and then boom, power play for us. How man PP's has he caused? Just saying.
I'm not saying this guy is worth 3 million. But he is a VERY important role player on our team, a great team guy, and good at what he does, without being some cheap shot artist. If we were to lose him, we'd be looking for a player to get under the other team's skin. He is an integral part of our bottom six. Let's face it.
Your right, he does his roll well, im not gonna deny that. But that's not what im getting at. All im saying is saying is that sometimes(not every game) he's has to drop em. I can only imagine how many invites he must get a game to fight and he declines almost every one of them? That smells like a *ussy to me. That was a huge topic last year around the league amongst many analysts and they all agree with what im trying to say. Again im not suggesting he figths every match, that wouldnt be a good idea, hes not a good fighter, actually he's not a fighter at all..but sometimes, just sometimes when someone comes knockin at your door, you gotta answer it.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
  #127
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
About Lapierre fighting.
Yes, he does not drop the gloves but I never saw him back down.
Just attack one of his linemates and he will be in your face...

Also what does JM thinks about fighting?
What a bunch of crap. Sorry, but it is just the way it is:

- Neil was one of Martin's favorite in Ottawa, because he actually could play the game. Martin is against goons, not against physical play/fights.

- Are you kidding me? The only time he stood out for anyone is when he defended Kostitsyn against Ballard. And then again, Martin apparently told him it was time for him to make his job. 99% of the time, Lapierre just smirks and back down. He then proceeds to get back to the bench, and guys like Gomez/Gionta have to face guys like Hedman and Pronger.

Lapierre is not a "protecting" kind of guy. He's just an agitator who, more often than not, just will smirk and aggress the opponents, sometimes making things harder for our skilled guys, because those opponents are seeking revenge.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:29 AM
  #128
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
What a bunch of crap. Sorry, but it is just the way it is:

- Neil was one of Martin's favorite in Ottawa, because he actually could play the game. Martin is against goons, not against physical play/fights.

- Are you kidding me? The only time he stood out for anyone is when he defended Kostitsyn against Ballard. And then again, Martin apparently told him it was time for him to make his job. 99% of the time, Lapierre just smirks and back down. He then proceeds to get back to the bench, and guys like Gomez/Gionta have to face guys like Hedman and Pronger.

Lapierre is not a "protecting" kind of guy. He's just an agitator who, more often than not, just will smirk and aggress the opponents, sometimes making things harder for our skilled guys, because those opponents are seeking revenge.
This makes no sense. I'm sure you have played some kinda team sport... so you should know that if someone gets under your skin, you will make mistakes, or get back at them. It's what happens all the time and that's why Lapierre is not a *ussy. He knows if he pisses people off guys will go after him. How is that being a *ussy?? He's a distraction, and fighting guys is only giving into the other teams wants.

Saints. Analysts talked about it, but they hate lapierre as much as the players. Everyone hates him, and that's how you know he's doing his job well! He's not a cheap shot guy, but people still manage to hate him. We got a special guy here lol, his face is just one that you wanna punch. He was made for this lol.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:34 AM
  #129
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
This makes no sense. I'm sure you have played some kinda team sport... so you should know that if someone gets under your skin, you will make mistakes, or get back at them. It's what happens all the time and that's why Lapierre is not a *ussy. He knows if he pisses people off guys will go after him. How is that being a *ussy??
Its because he has a big mouth and doesnt fight that makes him a *ussy(or coward) since you dont liek the other word. If he was a quiet player who keeps his mouth shut and backed away from fights, i wouldnt call him a coward. But its because he runs his mouth, provokes players, instigates etc that makes him a coward for not fighting. Do you catch my drift? or maybe im not explaining myself correctly(which happens at 9:30 in the morning.. im not a morning person)

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
  #130
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
This makes no sense. I'm sure you have played some kinda team sport... so you should know that if someone gets under your skin, you will make mistakes, or get back at them. It's what happens all the time and that's why Lapierre is not a *ussy. He knows if he pisses people off guys will go after him. How is that being a *ussy?? He's a distraction, and fighting guys is only giving into the other teams wants.

Saints. Analysts talked about it, but they hate lapierre as much as the players. Everyone hates him, and that's how you know he's doing his job well! He's not a cheap shot guy, but people still manage to hate him. We got a special guy here lol, his face is just one that you wanna punch. He was made for this lol.
I say this all the time, he's a guy you hate but love to have on your team. I like lappy, i like the role he plays, i really do, i just feel, that sometimes, he should drop em thats all. I think its kinda cowardly to back away from every fight.(and him jumping on a player from behind then he's already down on the ice isn't a fight, lol..ive seen him do that a few times last season.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM
  #131
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Funny you mentioned Pronger because I clearly remember Lapierre going into Pronger's face after he hit Plekanec.
Anyway, your mind is set and it seems that not even an earthquake would change tit.
WhoopDeFriggingDooo - he 'gets in their face'. What does that accomplish again, Pam?

For Lappy to be effective, he needs more than 'face time' - he needs to learn to fight. Period.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 12:14 PM
  #132
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
WhoopDeFriggingDooo - he 'gets in their face'. What does that accomplish again, Pam?

For Lappy to be effective, he needs more than 'face time' - he needs to learn to fight. Period.
I disagree.

Laps is a team-first guy and he never backs down from a worthy altercation. He doesn't fight for the sake of fighting though, that's useless.

edit: I guess the reason I like Laps is because I'm a lot like him when I play sports too. It's effective, fun, and when you win, it feels amazing.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM
  #133
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
I disagree.

Laps is a team-first guy and he never backs down from a worthy altercation. He doesn't fight for the sake of fighting though, that's useless.

edit: I guess the reason I like Laps is because I'm a lot like him when I play sports too. It's effective, fun, and when you win, it feels amazing.
Never backs down? I've witnessed him back down on just about every occasion.

If he's going to run his mouth, he needs to back his trash talk up once in awhile. Otherwise he's making the organization look bad - put up, or shut up, laps....

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 12:55 PM
  #134
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Yeah Lapierre jumped armstrong last year........ when he was on his knees but still didnt throw a punch because then he knew the guy would come back after him. Hes great at the hold me back routine with the linesmen too. Effective agitator he is, but hes not even close to an average fighter.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2010, 01:28 PM
  #135
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
This makes no sense. I'm sure you have played some kinda team sport... so you should know that if someone gets under your skin, you will make mistakes, or get back at them. It's what happens all the time and that's why Lapierre is not a *ussy. He knows if he pisses people off guys will go after him. How is that being a *ussy?? He's a distraction, and fighting guys is only giving into the other teams wants.

Saints. Analysts talked about it, but they hate lapierre as much as the players. Everyone hates him, and that's how you know he's doing his job well! He's not a cheap shot guy, but people still manage to hate him. We got a special guy here lol, his face is just one that you wanna punch. He was made for this lol.
It's when these guys go after Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez that it's just not acceptable. If Gionta is willing to drop'em with Malkin and Gomez with guys like Poti/Hedman/Pronger/Kovalchuk (all freaking monsters), I fail to see why Lapierre wouldn't try and man up from time to time. It's not always being required, but sometimes, his acting really hurts us.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.