HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

HF boards fans personal Cars !

Old
07-15-2010, 02:14 AM
knuck
On and off fan

vCash: 500
Give me a curve and my Accord will eat your boat alive

Going fast on a straight line is for rednecks. That's not driving, it's merely just pushing a pedal and waiting. I bet it's an automatic too... lawl

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:36 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
Give me a curve and my Accord will eat your boat alive

Going fast on a straight line is for rednecks. That's not driving, it's merely just pushing a pedal and waiting. I bet it's an automatic too... lawl
Your ACCORD? lololol!

Good one bro.

BTW the aftermarket for this car is huge, and that includes, suspension and handling mods, which make the car handle BETTER and tighter than my dad's 02 BMW 330i, so goto bed little boy.

and you're ragging on automatics? Obviously never heard of dual-clutch tranny's eh? FAR better performance and efficiency than manual tranny. But I bet you knew that, Mr. Honda Accord lol.

Btw any problems yet with your weaksauce Accord transmission which are notorious for failure? lawl

P.S boats don't weigh 3400-3500lbs.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:04 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Your ACCORD? lololol!

Good one bro.

BTW the aftermarket for this car is huge, and that includes, suspension and handling mods, which make the car handle BETTER and tighter than my dad's 02 BMW 330i, so goto bed little boy.

and you're ragging on automatics? Obviously never heard of dual-clutch tranny's eh? FAR better performance and efficiency than manual tranny. But I bet you knew that, Mr. Honda Accord lol.

Btw any problems yet with your weaksauce Accord transmission which are notorious for failure? lawl

Mind you, the new accord v6 is 271 hp and if you wanna count aftermarkets I think we're in a dif ballpark after. I don't know your car well but if you modded it to 300+ hp then I doubt a regular accord keeps up even in curves but I don't race so don't know. Stock is a different story, however, like I said, yours isn't stock.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Kagee*

Got a very young family, so I'm cruising in my bad ass Dodge Caravan

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:13 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
Got a very young family, so I'm cruising in my bad ass Dodge Caravan
Minivans are badass!

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:13 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Your ACCORD? lololol!

Good one bro.

hah

I never thought I'd see a Buick fanboy. Ever

The thing is.. we'll never agree on anything. To me a Buick is a grampa's car, no matter how modified it is. It's an american car made to go in straight line. I also don't care if your transmission is more efficient than my regular manual one because yours is boring

I like driving, hell, I love driving. I like to control the car, not just tell it to go straight and then stop. Your Buick will never be a sports ride no matter how fast it is. My Accord may be slow as hell on a straight line but I don't care, it's awesome fun in back roads and highway exits

oh and only the V6 models have transmission issues, grampa

Old
07-15-2010, 03:18 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
hah

I never thought I'd see a Buick fanboy. Ever

The thing is.. we'll never agree on anything. To me a Buick is a grampa's car, no matter how modified it is. It's an american car made to go in straight line. I also don't care if your transmission is more efficient than my regular manual one because yours is boring

I like driving, hell, I love driving. I like to control the car, not just tell it to go straight and then stop. Your Buick will never be a sports ride no matter how fast it is. My Accord may be slow as hell on a straight line but I don't care, it's awesome fun in back roads and highway exits

So you have the 4 cylinder model? lol.. as if the V6 wasn't torqueless enough.. geez.

Anyways, I'm not a buick fanboy, I'm a GM fanboy. This is the same powertrain and chassis as the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP or 04 Monte Carlo SS.

Also, you've obviously never heard of the V6 turbocharged beast 1987 Buick Grand national (GNX) one of the most badass cars ever, which has pretty much the same 3.8L engine I have in my car, btw. These engines can make a LOTTT of power on the stock bottom end, it's one of if not the best engine GM ever made.

To you, it's a grandpa car, to me, it's a sleeper, and I love owning Mustangs and etc making them go what the helllll just happened lol.

Lol@your car being fun on 'highway exits'... riiiigghhttt.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:22 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
hah

You must take these corners verry fast with that cute 4 cyl

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 03:24 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
So you have the 4 cylinder model? lol.. as if the V6 wasn't torqueless enough.. geez.

Anyways, I'm not a buick fanboy, I'm a GM fanboy. This is the same powertrain and chassis as the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP or 04 Monte Carlo SS.

Also, you've obviously never heard of the V6 turbocharged beast 1987 Buick Grand national (GNX) one of the most badass cars ever, which has pretty much the same 3.8L engine I have in my car, btw. These engines can make a LOTTT of power on the stock bottom end, it's one of if not the best engine GM ever made.

To you, it's a grandpa car, to me, it's a sleeper, and I love owning Mustangs and etc making them go what the helllll just happened lol.

Lol@your car being fun on 'highway exits'... riiiigghhttt.

You really take me for an imbecile and that pisses me off. However it's fine. I'm happy I don't have to deal with GMs like you do

How do you have fun in yours ? You start like crazy on every street light ?

fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post

I get it though. It became a trend a few years ago to hate on Hondas and their owners. Fine. I don't mind. Have your fun and I'll have mine laughing at your big ass Buicks, Mustangs and Camaros

Old
07-15-2010, 03:26 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Mind you, the new accord v6 is 271 hp and if you wanna count aftermarkets I think we're in a dif ballpark after. I don't know your car well but if you modded it to 300+ hp then I doubt a regular accord keeps up even in curves but I don't race so don't know. Stock is a different story, however, like I said, yours isn't stock.
"Acceleration: V6 2011 Accord completes 0-60 mph in about 7.5 seconds"

http://www.automobile.com/2011-honda-accord-review.html

See.. it's not just about horsepower.. the reason why this SC 3.8L engine is so strong is because it has just gobs and gobs of torque.

The 2010 stock V6 accord makes 271HP, but only 254lbs-ft @ 5000rpm no less.

Stock SC 3.8L is 280lbs-ft @ 3600rpm, and that's bone-dry stock.

A stock 97-04 Buick regal GS will walk a stock 2010 V6 Accord, even though the Accord is lighter and has more gears and more horsepower.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:27 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Shh, i got a 4 cyl accord lol

Old
07-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Minivans are badass!
HAHA that's hilarious.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:28 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
"Acceleration: V6 2011 Accord completes 0-60 mph in about 7.5 seconds"

http://www.automobile.com/2011-honda-accord-review.html

See.. it's not just about horsepower.. the reason why this SC 3.8L engine is so strong is because it has just gobs and gobs of torque.

The 2010 stock V6 accord makes 271HP, but only 254lbs-ft @ 5000rpm no less.

Stock SC 3.8L is 280lbs-ft @ 3600rpm, and that's bone-dry stock.

A stock 97-04 Buick regal GS will walk a stock 2010 V6 Accord, even though the Accord is lighter and has more gears and more horsepower, at least off the line, no doubt.
We're referring to cornering, not straight line. That extra weight won't be beneficial in handling. You can't assume in cornering and not drag it's a perfectly simple win. That's all I'm saying.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:36 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
We're referring to cornering, not straight line. That extra weight won't be beneficial in handling. You can't assume in cornering and not drag it's a perfectly simple win. That's all I'm saying.
Yeah, well, we're in Montreal, not the Nurburgring, so that's a pretty moot point. The stock GS has pretty average handling, but 500-600$ will pretty much take care of that, and about 1000$ for a BMW-like handling and suspension experience.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:38 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Yeah, well, we're in Montreal, not the Nurburgring, so that's a pretty moot point. The stock GS has pretty average handling, but 500-600$ will pretty much take care of that, and about 1000$ for a BMW-like handling and suspension experience.
Not dissing your car, don't worry bud. I just thought we meant non-drag is all. Besides, no reason for me to pump v6, I got the I4 accord so wtv.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:38 AM
knuck
On and off fan

4:36 AM and we're arguing over and Accord and a Buick

meh

we both need to just let it go

I prefer my car

Old
07-15-2010, 03:42 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Not dissing your car, don't worry bud. I just thought we meant non-drag is all. Besides, no reason for me to pump v6, I got the I4 accord so wtv.
Nah I'm just sayin'.. no worries, it's all good.

Old
07-15-2010, 03:44 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:

meh

I prefer my car
Have you ever drove a car with a LOT of power?

Old
07-15-2010, 03:45 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

meh

I prefer my car
**** Accords!

Old
07-15-2010, 03:50 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Have you ever drove a car with a LOT of power?
Most powerful I drove was my brother's 245hp 2003 Altima, which is unfortunately FWD. Quite fast but not nearly as agile as my car (coming from my brother himself and he's no noob). Needless to say he also laughs at the lack of power of my Accord

Quote:
**** Accords!

Old
07-15-2010, 03:55 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Most powerful I drove was my brother's 245hp 2003 Altima, which is unfortunately FWD. Quite fast but not nearly as agile as my car (coming from my brother himself and he's no noob). Needless to say he also laughs at the lack of power of my Accord

My first plan was to get an accord like yours. I started doing overtime and work and changed my mind and got a newer one. I love it. With it was v6 but i got it demo(it was I4, couldn't do much). Leather and all. Awesome for me.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:00 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:

Those 3.5L Altima's are no joke.

If you want a real good handling agile car why not just get a mazda RX8? It has just what you like, no torque, high revving small 1.3L rotary engine, and super agile great handling.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Kagee*

I hope to get this as our next minivan, the Nissan Forum...sadly just a concept.

Old
07-15-2010, 04:50 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Those 3.5L Altima's are no joke.

If you want a real good handling agile car why not just get a mazda RX8? It has just what you like, no torque, high revving small 1.3L rotary engine, and super agile great handling.

Well for now I'm still a student but eventually i'll get better than the RX8. I'll buy my dream car, an NSX

Yes, the overpriced argument definitely does apply to the NSX... but this is not a normal car, it's a supercar (not the most powerful one though but it has great potential)

Old
07-15-2010, 05:05 AM
KBstyle

Mine

http://lapremiereligne.com/2010/06/2...ion-a-warwick/

Looking for a new car by the way

KBstyle is online now   Reply With Quote