HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF boards fans personal Cars !

Old
07-15-2010, 06:42 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
Mine

http://lapremiereligne.com/2010/06/2...ion-a-warwick/

Looking for a new car by the way
If true(that it's about you), hope no one got hurt.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
Mine

http://lapremiereligne.com/2010/06/2...ion-a-warwick/

Looking for a new car by the way
Holy crap, hope everyone is ok.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

Owning a Wrx and tuning it of course I know the difference tuning a forced air intake can make

I also know you stated in your original post (unless now you want to add more mods because you were caught) that a smaller pulley, headers and flashing the ECU will absolutely 100% NOT give you over 40 horsepower that you need to make it over 300 from stock and even more far fetched is that it takes an entire second off your quarter mile time to the mid 13s.

Absolutely 100% no way I'm certain 100%.

Its a decent car no doubt I'm just pointing out your blatent exagerration in your original post. Anyone who knows anything knows that a supercharged buick is nice but there's no way those 3 changes make it a 300+ and 13.5 second car lawl

Bunka Gurndeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:24 AM
PunkinDrublic*

So if i am understanding this correctly, a BUICK REGAL will out handle a BMW of any kind ? Yeah alright there my friend.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 07:26 AM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I have a leased 07 civic si and i'm giving it back (finally) in november... way too bouncy.

My next car is going to be a SUV for my business ... here's the thing , my company is all about being "eco friendly" so I can't get a guzzler (I could, it would just look bad).

So what do you guys suggest I do for hybrid / fuel efficient SUV's?

I have no clue about these things... hope they don't cost too much or else I'll just buy a regular SUV and throw a "hybrid" sticker on it
You'd be surprised by the new Escapes, a friend of mine has one (an '08 I believe) XLT Limited and it's a VERY nice SUV. I used to think the first gen Escape's were a girly SUV too, but the 2nd (current) gen, not so much. We took a trip to Montreal (10h drive) to see the Habs in it and I was mightily impressed with it. I found it to be more like a late 90s early 00s Explorer than a compact SUV ride quality wise. Can't vouch for the Hybrid though, as he's got the V6 and he also has used it to haul around his ATV and various other trailers without problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Summer car..

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/bovic/vic406ci/000_0018.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/bovic/vic406ci/000_0016.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/bovic/vic406ci/TAbird1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/bovic/vic406ci/100_0049.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/bovic/vic406ci/TA13.jpg[IMG]

Love your F-body. I want an IROC Camaro so bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
ah yes, ITR's...one of the only fwd car that you can actually slide out properly with. super well balanced. **** radios and A/C.

USDM teggys are so lame though. aside from the round lights, the watered-down type-R lost some appeal without those recaro seats and the momo wheel. that huge 4 spoke bus steering wheel that came in north america (and every regular teggy below it) was such a joke. way to kill the spirit with the one thing that physically connects you skin to skin to the car.
Sigh... ITR's... My Dad used to be an Acura salesman from '97-2001 (or something similar) and he sold 2 or 3 of them, ****ing sexy cars. I had wet dreams of it. And then I'd wake up to my '91 DA9 whose only common feature to the ITR was the Acura logo and white paint

Recent cars:

1995 Saturn SW2

1.9L & 124hp of fury. Bought it for 500$ from my uncle, maybe put in another 700$ of parts and maintenance over the course of 60k km's on it until some valves burned out in the head which would have cost more than it was worth to rebuild. Scrapped it for 100$.

2004 Mazda3 GX

Replaced the Saturn with this. Bought it outright for 14,500$. 2.0L 148hp, 5-speed, manual windows, doors, no A/C. Added factory cruise control to it. Got it in late February 2007, and then on March 31st 2007 I did this:

Insurance paid for this:
2005 Mazda3 GS

Same engine, 5-speed, power everything, A/C. That picture was not long after I got it, it now features a few mods and quite a bit of rust on it. Sick and tired of it and can't wait to buy a truck to replace it, tired of driving cars and need to get back in a 4x4.

Last edited by timbitca: 07-15-2010 at 10:05 AM.
timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:39 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
You'd be surprised by the new Escapes, a friend of mine has one (an '08 I believe) XLT Limited and it's a VERY nice SUV. I used to think the first gen Escape's were a girly SUV too, but the 2nd (current) gen, not so much. We took a trip to Montreal (10h drive) to see the Habs in it and I was mightily impressed with it. I found it to be more like a late 90s early 00s Explorer than a compact SUV ride quality wise. Can't vouch for the Hybrid though, as he's got the V6 and he also has used it to haul around his ATV and various other trailers without problems.

Love your F-body. I want an IROC Camaro so bad!

Sigh... ITR's... My Dad used to be an Acura salesman from '97-2001 (or something similar) and he sold 2 or 3 of them, ****ing sexy cars. I had wet dreams of it. And then I'd wake up to my '91 DA9 whose only common feature to the ITR was the Acura logo and white paint

Recent cars:

1995 Saturn SW2

1.9L & 124hp of fury. Bought it for 500$ from my uncle, maybe put in another 700$ of parts and maintenance over the course of 60k km's on it until some valves burned out in the head which would have cost more than it was worth to rebuild. Scrapped it for 100$.

2004 Mazda3 GX

Replaced the Saturn with this. Bought it outright for 14,500$. 2.0L 148hp, 5-speed, manual windows, doors, no A/C. Added factory cruise control to it. Got it in late February 2007, and then on March 31st 2007 I did this:

Insurance paid for this:
2005 Mazda3 GS

Same engine, 5-speed, power everything, A/C. That picture was not long after I got it, it now features a few mods and quite a bit of rust on it. Sick and tired of it and can't wait to buy a truck to replace it, tired of driving cars and need to get back in a 4x4.
Just saw a brand new Escape sitting on it's side last Sat it was clipped on the right front corner as it edged out into traffic and over it went not much damage on the Cobalt that hit it though.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
HabsSlappy

I drive an 07 Infiniti G35x Sedan.

I love it and recommend it. Let's just say I was hell bent on getting a BMW X5 or 530 and changed my mind after driving the Infiniti.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Dashboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbitca View Post
February 2007, and then on March 31st 2007 I did this:

What we want to know now.... HOW?!?!

Dashboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:23 AM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
What we want to know now.... HOW?!?!
Short version: I'm an idiot.

Long version: I'm an idiot.

Serioiusly though, I was out taking a drive on an early Saturday morning and took my eyes off the road for a millisecond, then when I turned back around there was a curve I had forgotten about and gave a yank on the steering so as to not go into the ditch, as I was yanking the steering the back wheel was on the gravel shoulder, which made the car go into a spin and start crossing to the other lane sideways (those are NOT my tire tracks). When the car hit the shoulder on the other side it caused it to flip on it's side and stayed there for another few milliseconds, long enough for me to think 'if it stays like this it won't be so bad as it only wrecked the one side of it' of course, no sooner had I finished my thought did the damn thing flip over onto it's roof into the culvert, onto a huge ass steel drainage pipe which did a number on the roof of my car. And the water that was in the culvert didn't do any good to the engine either, even though I had presence of mind to turn the thing off as soon as it had done flipping. As soon as I flipped over, the guy following me called 911, he thought I would be dead or at the very least severely injured. By the time he got to my car I had already gotten out and was picking up some stuff on the ground, he thought I was looking inside to help the occupants and literally asked me "Anyone alive in there?" and I replied "Well, do I look alive to you?" He seriously did not believe that it was my car. Got out without a scratch. Car not so much, insurance took their damn time but eventually declared it totalled telling me that they had '12,000$ of damage tallied up, starting from the rear of the car without opening the hood'

So I took the 17,500$ they gave me and bought a better one.

Old
07-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Mousepad*

No offense, doesn't matter how faster the buick is than the accord, the buick has this huge issue. It's a Buick. It's not sexy, and doesn't matter of many HP's you have under the hood, you said it yourself, it's cheap, cause it has no value.

Mousepad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Higgins

1972 Pontiac LeBaron.
Color?
Green...with some brown, uh, rust coloration.

Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
JackZap

Drove this when I was in Cegep

Last edited by JackZap: 07-15-2010 at 01:01 PM.
JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
When i was 19 i had a chance to have a 1976 King Cobra Mustang (light yellow with the cobra on the front) for almost nothing.... I'm not a car type of guy so I just said nah thank you, too much trouble. So I bought a Hyundai.... End of the story epic fail i know...

When my school will be over... (couple of years) i will get a Range Rover... Nice

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp10 View Post
When i was 19 i had a chance to have a 1976 King Cobra Mustang (light yellow with the cobra on the front) for almost nothing.... I'm not a car type of guy so I just said nah thank you, too much trouble. So I bought a Hyundai.... End of the story epic fail i know...
Meh, not a huge loss, that generation of Mustang aren't anything to write home about. Still better than a Hyundai though

Old
07-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Bialo Czerwoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
hah

I never thought I'd see a Buick fanboy. Ever

The thing is.. we'll never agree on anything. To me a Buick is a grampa's car, no matter how modified it is. It's an american car made to go in straight line. I also don't care if your transmission is more efficient than my regular manual one because yours is boring

I like driving, hell, I love driving. I like to control the car, not just tell it to go straight and then stop. Your Buick will never be a sports ride no matter how fast it is. My Accord may be slow as hell on a straight line but I don't care, it's awesome fun in back roads and highway exits

oh and only the V6 models have transmission issues, grampa
The 3.8 SC engine from GM engine might be one of the best engines ever built, reliable, strong etc.. If built the right way it can definitely push 300 HP and I know because my friend has a Pontiac GTP and it's a beast the only sad part is that it's FWD. How can your car be awesome on highway exits? It has no power and no torque.. I won't even start on that transmission point of yours it's so stupid. By the way for your info some of the best timed ever recorded on the Nürburgring ring belongs to american cars. Yes that's right the Chevy Cobalt SS and Ford Focus RS have some of the best times for front wheel drive cars and I even think the SS holds the record.
By the way if you want to talk about grampa cars.. I don't believe theres anything more grampa than a Honda as it's small slow and boring.

Bialo Czerwoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bialo Czerwoni View Post
The 3.8 SC engine from GM engine might be one of the best engines ever built, reliable, strong etc.. If built the right way it can definitely push 300 HP and I know because my friend has a Pontiac GTP and it's a beast the only sad part is that it's FWD. How can your car be awesome on highway exits? It has no power and no torque.. I won't even start on that transmission point of yours it's so stupid. By the way for your info some of the best timed ever recorded on the Nürburgring ring belongs to american cars. Yes that's right the Chevy Cobalt SS and Ford Focus RS have some of the best times for front wheel drive cars and I even think the SS holds the record.
By the way if you want to talk about grampa cars.. I don't believe theres anything more grampa than a Honda as it's small slow and boring
I disagree on last part. The fact that there is different level/size cars pretty much desputes that they're 'small'(engine wise perhaps not muscle cars, that i can agree with). Boring? Meh, perhaps I'm a fanboy of my own car, but I happen to think mine is pretty sleek and not boring at all.

While I won't talk about the first part of your post that much, cuz well, I agree, there is plenty of good american cars however, reliablity, efficiency and so on belong to the japanese. The same power in an american engine has more liters than the japanese equivalent. I don't wanna argue that, cuz it's pretty much everywhere you look. That being said, I wouldn't diss domestic, a lot of times, domestic has a lot more bang for your buck. You get V8s on anything american these days lol

Old
07-15-2010, 06:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
No offense, doesn't matter how faster the buick is than the accord, the buick has this huge issue. It's a Buick. It's not sexy, and doesn't matter of many HP's you have under the hood, you said it yourself, it's cheap, cause it has no value.
Yes, and no. It's value is low, there is no doubt about that. American cars go for cheaper and resell for even cheaper. However, just the same, value is subjective. You might find a reliable japanese, but it probably won't have the same power as an american car at same price.

That being said, the Buick Lacrosse isn't too shabby.

That's not the greatest pic cuz I didn't want to put a 1200x800 pic up lol

Old
07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard

Im gonna try and sell it

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Bialo Czerwoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I disagree on last part. The fact that there is different level/size cars pretty much desputes that they're 'small'(engine wise perhaps not muscle cars, that i can agree with). Boring? Meh, perhaps I'm a fanboy of my own car, but I happen to think mine is pretty sleek and not boring at all.

While I won't talk about the first part of your post that much, cuz well, I agree, there is plenty of good american cars however, reliablity, efficiency and so on belong to the japanese. The same power in an american engine has more liters than the japanese equivalent. I don't wanna argue that, cuz it's pretty much everywhere you look. That being said, I wouldn't diss domestic, a lot of times, domestic has a lot more bang for your buck. You get V8s on anything american these days lol
What people don't understand is that the number you see before the L has nothing to do with fuel economy. Let's take a Subaru WRX for example, 2.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 250HP sounds good doesn't it? Go take a ride in one and jerk it a little bit and you'll see it drinks as much as a Shelby GT500. Fuel + Air = Power. That's just the way automobiles work. Reliability isin't a concern for american cars especially these days. Pretty much everything Ford and GM makes is reliable just look at the survey's and reports, Chrysler on the other hand is an other story.. American cars will usually break more because of how people drive them, bigger engines (burnouts), RWD, more power will make people push them a lot more than let's say a Civic. I own a 97 Ford Thunderbird V8 and never had a more reliable car and this is a 300+ HP 300TQ+ car and I push it alot. I had a 00 Civic before that and I was in the garage for ball joints, tie rod ends every other month my cardan even broke one time (scare of my life) that was it for me...
Every Automaker has flaws;
Ford made so-so transmissions (back in the days 90's)
Honda's had ****** suspensions and engines
Mazda's rot.
VW are a pain in the arse and they catch fire
etc..
Everybody be happy with what you got.. it could be worse you could be taking the bus.. hehe

Last edited by Bialo Czerwoni: 07-15-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Bialo Czerwoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

Quote:
What people don't understand is that the number you see before the L has nothing to do with fuel economy. Let's take a Subaru WRX for example, 2.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 265HP sounds good doesn't it? Go take a ride in one and jerk it a little bit and you'll see it drinks as much as a Shelby GT500. Fuel + Air = Power. That's just the way automobiles work. Reliability isin't a concern for american cars especially these days. Pretty much everything Ford and GM makes is reliable just look at the survey's and reports, Chrysler on the other hand is an other story.. American cars will usually break more because of how people drive them, bigger engines (burnouts), RWD, more power will make people push them a lot more than let's say a Civic. I own a 97 Ford Thunderbird V8 and never had a more reliable car and this is a 300+ HP 300TQ+ car and I push it alot. I had a 00 Civic before that and I was in the garage for ball joints, tie rod ends every other month my cardan even broke one time (scare of my life) that was it for me...
Mazda's rot.
etc..
Everybody be happy with what you got.. it could be worse you could be taking the bus.. hehe
Fixed

Bunka Gurndeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
What people don't understand is that the number you see before the L has nothing to do with fuel economy. Let's take a Subaru WRX for example, 2.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 250HP sounds good doesn't it? Go take a ride in one and jerk it a little bit and you'll see it drinks as much as a Shelby GT500. Fuel + Air = Power. That's just the way automobiles work. Reliability isin't a concern for american cars especially these days. Pretty much everything Ford and GM makes is reliable just look at the survey's and reports, Chrysler on the other hand is an other story.. American cars will usually break more because of how people drive them, bigger engines (burnouts), RWD, more power will make people push them a lot more than let's say a Civic. I own a 97 Ford Thunderbird V8 and never had a more reliable car and this is a 300+ HP 300TQ+ car and I push it alot. I had a 00 Civic before that and I was in the garage for ball joints, tie rod ends every other month my cardan even broke one time (scare of my life) that was it for me...
Mazda's rot.
etc..
I'm not considering turbocharged engines. While I agree EVERY automaker has it's flaws...IMO american cars are cheap. They cost less, they are less reliable and less efficient. That's my opinion perhaps, but I suppose the US car companies took a dive cuz they are best in their class? Doubt it. Let's be realistic, american cars are cheaper but they cost cheaper. Result? You can get more power for the dollar. No fault in that. Yet, if you're gonna tell me they are cheaper, have a worse resale value and are equal cars all at the same time. There's something that doesn't add up. I wanted american, I was planning on getting a 2008 Cadillac CTS. Honestly, I don't give a **** it may have been less reliable or efficient, it's a god damn caddy. lol Name recognition aside, some would argue Acura, Infiniti, Lexus and so on are better options. I remember reading a while back that Lexus' had the least problems per 100 cars(i think that was the number) confirmed by research. American cars were not high on the rating list. Look, this isn't a diss american cars thing, I love american cars. One of my favourite cars is actually a Dodge Viper(was my favourite growing up, but now I like the DB9 and others as well). Just I'm saying it like it is. A lot of american cars are classics, but japanese are better, but my god do you pay for that slight improvement. Perhaps the difference is not as great as I or others make it out to be. There's legendary cars, such as the viper and Ford GT that have dominated races and deserve credit. I won't deny that. It's naive to think every jap car is better than every american. That's faulty. However, for example, entry level american cars are ****. It's painfully obvious. I used to drive a sunfire, my friend had a carolla and it was smoother ten fold. I'm dissing my own car, that's how true it is. I've driven a few cars, nothing crazy per se. I will say this though, I got the 09 accord coupe, not a powerfull engine, but the ride is smooth. The comfort level compared to other american cars is ridiculous. The wheel steering is perfect, very smooth. I enjoy it very much. Does that mean it beats all american cars in it's class? Probably not, but some jap/euro car most likely will.

Again, this is my opinion, and I do not mean to question your beliefs. I'm just saying, from my experience, this is the first jap car I ever owned in my family. My dad had american cars since I was born. I feel the difference. Perhaps coincidence and I'll admit it isn't necessarily a true representation of the reality that exists. The sample size is small but I'm also basing it on what I've heard and read. For those who drive american, don't take it personal. I love american. I just probably wouldn't touch entry level american cars.

Old
07-15-2010, 08:56 PM
snakeye

Hey gas price is down to 99 cents today. Maybe I should refill. Oh damn, I'm only at 1130km on my tank and got 200 more to go before refueling. Regal? Accord? Naaa I'll stick to my TDI!

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post

Im gonna try and sell it
i guess thats a newer version of an honda accord? im looking for a 1998 one. nice ride still...

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stud View Post
i guess thats a newer version of an honda accord? im looking for a 1998 one. nice ride still...
Its a 2002.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm not considering turbocharged engines. While I agree EVERY automaker has it's flaws...IMO american cars are cheap. They cost less, they are less reliable and less efficient. That's my opinion perhaps, but I suppose the US car companies took a dive cuz they are best in their class? Doubt it. Let's be realistic, american cars are cheaper but they cost cheaper. Result? You can get more power for the dollar. No fault in that. Yet, if you're gonna tell me they are cheaper, have a worse resale value and are equal cars all at the same time. There's something that doesn't add up. I wanted american, I was planning on getting a 2008 Cadillac CTS. Honestly, I don't give a **** it may have been less reliable or efficient, it's a god damn caddy. lol Name recognition aside, some would argue Acura, Infiniti, Lexus and so on are better options. I remember reading a while back that Lexus' had the least problems per 100 cars(i think that was the number) confirmed by research. American cars were not high on the rating list. Look, this isn't a diss american cars thing, I love american cars. One of my favourite cars is actually a Dodge Viper(was my favourite growing up, but now I like the DB9 and others as well). Just I'm saying it like it is. A lot of american cars are classics, but japanese are better, but my god do you pay for that slight improvement. Perhaps the difference is not as great as I or others make it out to be. There's legendary cars, such as the viper and Ford GT that have dominated races and deserve credit. I won't deny that. It's naive to think every jap car is better than every american. That's faulty. However, for example, entry level american cars are ****. It's painfully obvious. I used to drive a sunfire, my friend had a carolla and it was smoother ten fold. I'm dissing my own car, that's how true it is. I've driven a few cars, nothing crazy per se. I will say this though, I got the 09 accord coupe, not a powerfull engine, but the ride is smooth. The comfort level compared to other american cars is ridiculous. The wheel steering is perfect, very smooth. I enjoy it very much. Does that mean it beats all american cars in it's class? Probably not, but some jap/euro car most likely will.

Again, this is my opinion, and I do not mean to question your beliefs. I'm just saying, from my experience, this is the first jap car I ever owned in my family. My dad had american cars since I was born. I feel the difference. Perhaps coincidence and I'll admit it isn't necessarily a true representation of the reality that exists. The sample size is small but I'm also basing it on what I've heard and read. For those who drive american, don't take it personal. I love american. I just probably wouldn't touch entry level american cars.
My 92 Civic Si hatchback was the biggest POS I have ever owned lol. Tranny problems electrical problems and don't get me started on the tinfoil they called sheet metal. As for HP per litre on American cars VS Japanese cars well look at the 3.6 litre GM motor direct injected 288 HP this is the motor they put in the Caddilac CTS the GMC Acadia Chevy Traverse and Buick and Saturn models. It is used in a few other cars also. This motor is outstanding makes great power and torque. The 3.5 litre Honda motor makes less power and less torque so you claims are not completley true.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote