HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Viewing Games Online (NHL Center Ice) - Anyone use it before?

Old
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
TJFitz

vCash: 500
Viewing Games Online (NHL Center Ice) - Anyone use it before?

I live in north Georgia and am a huge Preds fan. I had Center Ice when I had satellite service but, now I have local cable. I am afraid there will not be a channel showing Preds games so, I am in need of finding a reliable way to watch games. Has anyone used NHL Gamecenter Live??? Do you know any other way I am accomplish this? That you in advanced!

TJFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
lstcyr

I have Center Ice on Cox Cable here in northern Virginia and the only time I didn't have a Preds game was when it wasn't televised anywhere.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:47 PM
TJFitz

Yeah Center Ice is great and I was very happy with it. Although my cable company does not offer it. I am in need of a different option.
Thank you

TJFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:07 PM
hockey diva

I use the online Game Center. It is good if you get the early bird price of $159. You won't get every game though. Versus and PPV Canadian ones are blacked out. I will use channelsurfing.net to watch games sometimes if I can't the one I want on GC. NHL.com also has added an archive section that has complete games from ye olde days that is really cool.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFitz View Post
Yeah Center Ice is great and I was very happy with it. Although my cable company does not offer it. I am in need of a different option.
Thank you
If you've got a good connection (cable or better) for your internet, it's amazing. TV quality, pretty much...and they do carry all the games that CI TV does. The one note I'll give you is that you will be well served to be connected directly to your router via ethernet cable, rather than wireless. That greatly increases the quality, reliability and speed of the feed.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I've been using hockeystreams.com for a while now, and while it's legally awkward (and every once in a while they have technical difficulties), the archiving makes it worthwhile, especially during long boring summers.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 02:20 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Had a chance to take GameCenter live for a trial last year... the multi-game option is really cool as well, especially during playoff push.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote